PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 04:55 PM   #1  

Default New to PCOS

Howdy everyone--I usually post over on the low carb board but today I found out that I have PCOS. Just to give you all a bit of a low-down on me, I'm a 33 year old mom of 1 active little girl 2 1/2 and I'm facing a bout of secondary infertility. today i went to the obgyn and discussed my issues and found out that I will have to take metformin to boost my insulin levels and lower glucose levels. Has anyone here ever been on this drug and if so how did it work for you?
Old 02-21-2002, 06:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy Oh, Pooky!

I'm sooooo sorry. This is not the good news we thought you were getting from the Dr. Check out the posts on this board, we all are finding relief in different ways. It will be ok!
Old 02-21-2002, 08:19 PM   #3  

Thanks Good, I KNOW I can rely on you chicks in here!
Old 02-25-2002, 02:44 PM   #4  

Pooky I am in the same boat you are in. I two am having trouble getting prego the 2nd time. Did you have any problems the first time? I didn't we weren't even trying yet so this came as a real shock for my husband and I. I have been on Glucophlage for 4 months now and I have lost around 25 lbs. I have felt better and it has made my cycles. I am now usually 30 some days unstead of 45-50 which was my normal. I started charting my waking temps about 2 months ago and my dr determined that even with the Glucophage I was not ovulating. So he started me on Clomid. this is my first month on Clomid and from my temps I can pretty well tell you that it hasn't worked this month. But I am keeping my hopes up for next month. I would love to keep in touch with you and see how you are progressing and hopefully we can share information so that we can help each other.
Closed Thread