Old 03-07-2008, 05:43 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30 Somethings Chat: TGIF, March 7

Not much time to write all I probably should, but I thought I'd do a quick flyby to say I'm still alive and still reading....though not as much as I should be, I guess.

Work and weather has pretty much killed any sort of exercise routine I've been trying to establish. Again. It's frustrating and demotivating - I wanted to be at my goal weight by the time I was going on my next cruise. I set that "goal" when I got back from my last one 2 years ago.... I'm 27 days away from my next one and my weight is higher than it's been in years.

Sorry for the grumbles on my first post in a long time.

Anyhoo....gotta start the day.
:Lawrence
Rooster.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:34 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Wow!! Roo!! Haven't seen you in ages!!! YOu know the old saying "just do It"? That's kind of how it is, you just have to do it. It's not always fun, but it feels great when it's over

Alicia, I will PM you today. Hope you are feeling okay.

Jasmine, I hope you will be okay too. Hope what you have can be controlled. Good thing you got checked. ((hug))

Hanna...grooming school would be awesome!!! Too bad you don't live close by, I'd let you practice on Daisy, lol. Hope you're not coming down with something!!

Well, I just did a 2mile jog/uphill walk on the treadmill, I'm super sweaty, and I have to get Frankie on the buss in about 25 mins, so I better roll. Hope everyone has a great day...I'll check back later. Cadence got some money for her b-day and a Toys r us gift card, so I promised her we would take a ride over there this AM. She want the Barbie "Mariposa" doll to go with the movie she got. Then to the bank to deposit most of the money she got (my kids hate doing that, lol...we're trying to teach them how to save..they don't wuite get it yet..). Frankie has a half day, so we have to be back by 12:00.

Alrighty all, Have a lovely Friday!!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning ladies! just a quick HI on my way into work!
Goldm00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! We got 3 inches of snow yesterday Me and the kiddos had fun playing in it, something we rarely get to do around here!
Pam, know what you mean about the kids not being thrilled about saving money! Still trying to teach that concept to my own!
I plan on a somewhat lazy day. I was gonna make the kids some cookies and get some cleaning done around the house. Trying to decide if I should attempt the treadmill or if I would be better off giving my legs a rest?? We shall see!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!!!
Stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #5  

Hi Steph! Yuck about the snow! I am so sick of snow i could just puck! but I understand why you would get such a kick out of it!

I so need to get myself back to a schedule of working out... My work has picked up again and I have worked 3 ten hour days in a row which is fine but it throws my whole work out off because normally i would get off with enough time to come home workout then cook dinner but with these long hours,, by the time i get home my son is about ready to eat my arm he is so hungry so I dont even get to sit down or do anything until well after 6pm. I need to start lifting again too,, sheesh does anyone else find that so boring!???
Old 03-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! Woke up to below zero temps again - we are ready for spring!

Gold - I usually do my lifting in front of the TV when there is something interesting on that can distract me a bit. Makes it not seem so monotonous.
Pam - great job on the workout! Hope that trip to Toys R Us was successful. DS doesn't know what that store is yet - I am trying to put off going there with him as long as I can!
Stephanie - enjoy the snow!
Hi Rooster!

Have a good day - off to workout if DS will agree to me using the TV!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

good morning!

Roo what a nice surprise to see you! don't give up buddy! sorry the weather has not allowed you to do much. where is the next cruise to? I love cruises!

Gold I forgot what do you do for work? 3 10 hr. days

Dawn did you get to spend time w/DH?

HI Pam! gave fun w/the kids! great job getting your exercises in!

Today I am feeling a little better, I am going to an appointment early, and I am going to attempt to go knitting. I will see you guys later

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #8  

Hanna -

he he...... well...... I work in a hog barn for a meat packer. SO i see all the piggies come in live. I am livestock accounting which means I am the one that pays the farmers and truckers but I am also the one that kills the hogs in the computer and send them to kill (in the computer) To be honest I love my job I work with a great group of guys and its a great place. Just the market is low right now which means we are makin alot of bacon......Mmmmmmmm Bacon........... Sorry Homer moment! Anyway so the 10 hour days are starting back up again,, next week it looks like 2 8 hour days 3 10 hour days and maybe a 8 to 10 hour saturday as well. The price is that low... the only bad thing about that is trying to fit in my work out.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:54 AM   #9  

Dawn - Thats a great idea but i only have 5 pound dumbbells to use by the TV the big weight machine is in the basement with NOTHING,, i should think about buying a tv or something for down there
Old 03-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #10  

im ready for work with 5 minutes to spare...miracles do happen once in awhile!

good morning roo!...glad to see you!

pam: you are so good with your exercise...i want to be as good as you...i do my treadmill and go to the gym and work with my personal trainer but i know i could be doing so much more or lets say a better routine...great job girl!

hanna: i hope you feel better soon...i hope you can get some knitting in...how is sean?

delta: your funny...your ds hasnt been to toys r us..thats probably a good thing...we go quite a bit for bday gifts and things...little mario loves it there of course!

gold: those are long working days!...make sure to get your "me" time!

stephanie: have a great lazy day...sometimes those are much needed

ok all..my 5 is up...gotta go to work to pay of dominics debts..just kidding...gotta go..have a great day...i will try to check in during the day...love you all!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:07 AM   #11  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Rooster: you sound like the way I was feeling. Glad to see you are back with it there buddy.

Hey everyone: I am going to the doc today my allergies are in full swing and kicking my butt!!!!! I have tried benedryl etc I am just flat tired of looking like I am smoking something I shouldn't be. Watery eyes, sniffles, feel like crap.

I am SO GLAD IT IS FRIDAY

Everyone enjoy your weekend
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Mornin'
My neck hurts.
I walked with my husband to our walking trail. It's still covered in snow and ice. But the good news is it's about a mile and a half there and back, up and down hills, so I got a good enough work out.
The buffalo burgers were good, but game meat always makes me gassy, so I am feeling verry fat and bloated today.

Tonight I think we will have boring old chicken, my gut needs a rest.
We are trying to plan a fly in sheep hunt. Now there is a treat- Dall Sheep-Mmmm! Precious meat though, it;s pretty hard to get a sheep. The regulations are very strict.

Time for breakfast! eggs and salsa Mmmmm!

Jasmine, I will be pulling for you. I have an auto immune disease myself and it is interresting to me the myriad of disorders we AI sufferers are at risk for. And not only AI diseases, but all the regular ones too. Heart disease, kidney disease, Pulmonary respiratory disease, eye disease. Yeah, scarey. It's like you want to wrap yourself in bubble wrap and hide in the house.

I better go now.
laters
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

well all...i'm back (: did ya miss me? So i didn't get in until 2.30 am atlanta time and needless to say..i'm still exhausted (even though i slept til 10.30). I'm worn out from the trip. I'm so thankful to be home. It gets old being away. I was actually very disappointed in the conference that my company put on. I only went to 2 wetllabs/lecutures that i felt i learned anything with. I felt like all the other things they sent me to were very very basic. And what frustrates me is that they cut down the money they give for going to Continuing education. I went to a great conference this past feburary. The company use to give up $1200 for conference expenses. And trust me..i used up the 1200 fast. The conference cost $500 for registration alone..not including gas, hotel, food etc. So this year, they cut the expenses down to $600 since they send us to this supposively great education symposium. Needless to say, i was highly disappointed in the quality of lecutres. I felt it was a dissapointment. I also was annoyed at the food. We were only reimbursed for food on the days of travel an they provided all other meals. It was crappy hotel food...and multiple times i had GI issues from the food. I also asked for lowfat options..yep those didn't exist. Oh well..i made sure i put all that on the evaluation form. So i'm sorry i'm witching...just very fed up with the situation. I think if DH wasn't in school right now, i'd start looking for a new job. I'm going to give it some time and see how it works out. I'm just glad to be home...but man i'm worn out.

Mo - glad to see you back we missed you and you're wonderful food filled phrases. Glad to hear the V monster is doing well.

hannah- grooming is a tough job...but good luck for you. I would never want to do it. LOO

tanner-sorrry to hear about you blood results...but at least they think they've found the solution. it would explain why you are always so tired. Man that low of platlets is pretty scary.

i think i've missed quite a few..i'm just having trouble catching up. Hope everyone is well..oh and btw..ankle is getting better.
hope everyone has a great day.
Patricia(:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #14  
Fighting to Lose

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone,

Just dropping in before I go but daughter down for "rest time" and go get on the treadmill. I have a love hate relationship with that thing. I am so burned out from school. I don't feel like doing anything but vegging out. Only one more week until Spring Break and then I going to go visit my parents in Michigan. I can't wait. I may have to cook because mom has to work but at least it will be a different 4 walls. Mom took a few days off to so maybe we can do something fun. Well I better get DD off to bed.

Dawn
fightingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

welcome back GG!
Glad to hear about the ankle.
Mmmm Cob salad for lunch. No dressing.
Any way, when I was a kid I wanted to be a vet. I took all the necessary classes in highschool and then... got pregnant. And then, just to punish me, God gave me a girl... with ADD.

well, we survived each other anyway.
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote