Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-05-2008, 12:53 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 8"

Default 5% Bodyweight Lost!

Yay! So I've now lost 12.8 lbs! Which is just over 5% of my body weight! I'm so proud of myself, for actually doing it. I was happy when I saw the scale drop below the 240's, now I'm looking forward to the scale being below the 230's. I started at 245.2 and now I weighed myself today at 232.4! I can't wait to see 229!

Most of this weight loss has been in the last 3 weeks. I began about the 3rd week in January. I finally have gotten my eating to where I realize I CAN control it only in the last 10 days. I use thedailyplate.com and just got my "badge" for logging food for 10 days in a row! I'm doing so good on keeping track and being conscious of what I eat I really think I CAN do this and get to a healthy weight!

The last 3 weeks I've been doing really good exercising and going to the gym 4-6 days a week. I do my Treadmill workout and then I strength training. The first few weeks I just did upper body, then after about 3 weeks I started doing some legs either with the machines or free weights. And I also added in Ab exercises about 4 weeks ago.

I also got my first NOTICE of my weight loss. On Friday my sister stopped into my work and I was standing there talking to her and she stopped and says, "Have you lost some weight???" I lit up! I smiled and replied, "Yah, I HAVE! I've lost about 11lbs!" (that morning I think I was down 11.1) I had mentioned to my family and friends that I'd been eating better and going to the gym but I had decided not to mention my weight loss to people unless they notice! I thought it might take longer than this but I'm so happy someone noticed! Now I can't wait till I've lost 10% I'm sure more people will start noticing!

Last edited by Sun_Flower2; 03-05-2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: typos!
Sun_Flower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:32 AM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

CONGRATULATIONS!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:10 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Yahoooo!!!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Way to go!
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:15 AM   #5  

Thanks peeps!

I got another notice today too. Altho when I weighed myself today I was up to 233.3 I figured the dramatic drop on Monday morning would be a fluke, damn! But I'm still down 2.5lbs since last Thursday! I think I'm going to go back to only weighing myself on Thursday's while it was fun seeing my weight drop on Sat & Mon mornings if I'd never seen it I would have never know about it and only knew I LOST this week! Cuz Last thursday I was at 235.8 then Sat it was 234.1 then Mon it was 232.4 which I knew deep down it was probably just regular ole' water weight fluctuations but I thought maybe I'll be even less by Thursday! Which I was less than Sat but not that Monday weight. Oh Well, I'm still 2.5lbs lighter! And down 11.1lbs overall.

BUT ANYWAY, (sorry for my ramblings), I was over at my friend's house tonight and she wanted me to have a drink with her and I haven't drank since New Year's Eve, cuz I thought cutting those calories would be the easiest for me since I knew cutting refined carbohydrates would be extremely difficult for me, but I am working at it. So anyways, I was like, "No, I'm still not drinking alcohol and I thought I would have lost more weight because of it, since not drinking wine with my food and not drink beer and sugary fruit drinks every weekend would definitely be alot! I told I'd only lost about 12lbs in the last 2 months and I had hoped to lose more. And me with my winter gear on she says, "I can tell." I said, "Really? Even with all this on?" She said, Yah defintely cuz your coat is looser on you" I was like whoa! I didn't think it was really noticeable at all. Even though I guess some of my shirts that had begun to be a bit snug over the previous few months had started to FIT and some that had fit have started to appear a tad LOOSER! But in my mind I'm still having a hard time realizing it's because I HAVE lost weight.

I'm saying all this, because I'm realizing it's WORKING! And it's inspiring me to KEEP AT IT! I hope this inspires someone else who is just begining as I have that if you keep plugging away at it, and even if it takes a month to get going like it took me to get the exercise somewhat consistent and I'm only just in the last 2 weeks getting the eating under control that IT WILL HAPPEN! YOU WILL START TO LOSE!

And the only view I can see from here is further weight loss by sticking to what I'm doing and trying to improve upon it. Something has clicked in my head the last month with going to the gym doing my walks on the Treadmill doing my freeweight workouts with the freeweights and recording my food intake on TDP. I'm doing it! The first few days of watching what I ate where difficult and all I could do really was just record it but when I saw my calories intake skyrocket one day to 3,400 I realized NO WONDER I WEIGH SO MUCH! Days like that left unchecked could seriously add up and obviously did on me! So I'm not on any "diet" I just record and decide what to eat and keep my "net" calories in my goal range which is 1400-1600. So if I eat 1900calories and I burn 400 I'm good. Or if there is a day I find I eat 2200 calories I dont' beat myself up over it, I just realize what choices I coulda made better, I don't cut my next day calories drastitcally either, I just try again to get it in that goal range and I know over time it will get easier and easier to do. But this is all still "new" to me and I've got a long way to go but being concious of it is a big part of it. I'm learning!

Thanks 3fchicks for being here to give us all a place to come to teach ourselves how to be healthy and to learn from others! Support and commraderie that's just what I need!

K-Night Y'all!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:45 AM   #6  
A New Me!

S/C/G: 230/213/190

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Isnt just the greatest feeling when someone notices? The other day a classmate of mine asked me if I had lost some weight-what made me feel even better was I was having one of those "fat days," you know when you just feel fat period. It wasnt that I had eaten anything bad at all, but I just didnt feel too good that day. It really brightened my day and made me feel so much better. Also, yesterday I decided I wanted to wear jeans (let me just say that I never do because all of mine are too tight) Well my beloved jeans that I always used to wear were not tight when I wore them out last night-in fact they are a little loose! This is the kind of motivation we need when just starting out-I am like you about 12lbs lost so far and I just want to keep going so I can keep getting compliments, my clothes will get baggier, and most importantly I will be healthier!!! Great Job to you! Congrats and keep it up!

Missy
mkreutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #7  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Sunflower, congrats on the 5% loss...that's a big milestone!

As far as the scale going down, then up again, totally normal. I weigh myself daily, but only count it once a week on Thursdays. I also round up to the next whole pound, to give myself a little cushion for dips like that. The good news is, a dip down like that is your near future staring you in the face, so it's not fake, it's just not the median weight this week. Bet you see it again or better next week! Just keep on with your plan, avoid as much sodium as you can, drink your water, and you'll be out of the 230s in no time!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #8  

Yay! Thanks ladies!

I know I just want to keep going! I thought since today is friday I might slip up on the diet since I was thinking I got a whole week till I weight in again! But duh, that would just mean I would be putting myself further from my goal! So I brought healthy food I can count to work with me and I'm going straight to the gym after I leave here.

Anyhow! I kept my calories at 1463 yesterday! yay! And I ate 5x! Cuz I'm trying to eat more often now too, so I don't get too hungry and want to overeat!

My favorite new snack: prepacked Strawberries, Grapes & Cheese cubes! Yum & Healthy!
Old 03-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/156/165

Height: 5'8"

Congrats
Katalicious is offline   Reply With Quote