Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 11:24 AM   #1  

Default 12 Week Challenge - Week # 11 Feb 18-24

Hey there Challengettes

Maybe this Week's Challenge should be about slow beginnings

Seriously, I must apologize about the delay in posting this.

Perhaps since it's Week 11, we could talk about determination. What get's you through a day on program versus "not"?

I haven't been very focused lately on program stuff, but know when I eat healthy things seem to work more smoothly. What works for you?

What can help you stay focused for the remaining two weeks? What rewards can you give yourself? What do you have planned for the end of week 12? Mmmmmm?
Old 02-21-2002, 08:45 AM   #2  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

No problem with the slowness. I really don't want to post my awful week anyhow. Gained 1.8 lbs. and I deserved it for how I've been the past two weeks. But I am turning over a new leaf. I don't want to gain back all I lost.

When you see these point totals, remember I didn't include some BLTs that I should have, so it is even worse than it seems.

Range: 18-23 (you wouldn't know it)

Thurs 24
Fri 32+
Sat 24
Sun 24
Mon 26
Tue 23
Wed 22
Old 02-21-2002, 10:41 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hey Patch! Thanks for getting the topic going.

Determination and what keeps me going...I have to say that attending weekly meetings keeps me focused and gives me the boost that I need to stay on program. There are days though that are harder than others and on those days I make an extra effort to stay within my points.

I've struggled over the last 8 months or so just to stay within my WW goal area and it's been tough...once I'm on track I do so much better and I feel satisfied so eating right helps me a great deal. For the next two weeks I'm focusing on doing what I've been doing the past two weeks because I've had success in losing the weight that I've managed to gain to take me to the 2# above my goal. Anyway, as a "reward" to myself I'm buying a new spring coat.

Here are my points for the past week:

Thurs: 17.5
Fri: 18.5
Sat: 13 (I was sick & barely ate; this doesn't happen often!)
Sun: 18
Mon: 21
Tues: 20
Wed: 21

Weigh in: 140.6

I was down a whopping 4# this week. Last week I was sure I was going to have a loss because I had a lower point week and it was the week after TOM but instead I posted a 2.2# gain. Instead of dwelling on it I forged ahead so things are paying off for me. I'm finally getting to my comfort zone and am hoping to get back to the 138-39 mark, which is where I like to be. I haven't been 140 since May 2001.

Have a great week/weekend everyone!

Myra: You're doing great! We've all hit little curves in the road where we veer off of our path and have higher points. I've experienced the same thing. Just keep on track and next week will be better! I like the saying my ww buddy uses "take the hit and move on!", I've used that mantra before and it's helped me get through some tough spots.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:02 AM   #4  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Melissa,
Congrats on your loss and thanks for the encouraging words. I am trying to take the gain in stride and am hoping to be as successful as you next week.
Old 02-21-2002, 12:16 PM   #5  

Hello everyone! I'm just back from a week away from the office. I'm soooooo tired right now.

You know what keeps me on track?!?!?! A schedule! I do just fine when I have my normal, everyday schedule. Travelling, trade shows, meetings, workshops, all make it very difficult. I'm a creature of habit and a daily and weekly schedule really keeps me on track.

I really have no plans for the end of week 12 other than a pat on the back and hearty congrats to myself for staying the same. I haven't lost anything but I also haven't gained over the last few weeks so that's just fine with me.

Myra - Hey there - you won't go back! You won't.

Melissa - You're dedication and your numbers always amaze me! You will definately break that 140 barrier - you can do it! I remember when I was right where you are and it took six weeks to break it but what a feeling when I did!!!!! The support of everyone here really helped.

Patch - Don't worry about the slow start to the week - it has just been that kind of week in general.

Happy thoughts to everyone!

Kena
Old 02-21-2002, 01:36 PM   #6  
si, si signora

wow, kena, you said it best to me.

staying on a schedule-that is the best for me too, however, I still have to travel and I am learning how to decline food served to me on planes, figure out how to get to the gym, and stay on track.

Well, I'm not where I want to be, but at least I'm not up any more. I am stopping some of my self-destructing habits - eating after dinner and not looking at the good side of each situation.

I can't report any great loss, stayed the same last week, this week is TOM and if I'm lucky, I'll make it to the last saturday meeting this week.

I am going on a trip today, so I better practice what I was just preaching.

lala
Closed Thread