General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:17 PM   #1  

Default Determine your body fitness

Hello,

Determine your body fitness = calculating your BMI "In my opinion"

so what is BMI ?
Body Mass Index (BMI) can be used to indicate if you are overweight, obese, underweight or normal. It will, however, overestimate fatness in people who are muscular or atheletic. Because of these problems, this body mass index calculator shows extra statistics to help you be informed and judge your own body compared to others of the same height and age.

How can i determine My BMI ?
you can determine it with easy step with bmi calculator

My BMI is ..... what about it ?
Women tend to believe they look their best at values between 20 to 22 and men are usually satisfied with a BMI of 23 to 25. If your BMI is between 17 to 22, your life expectancy is longer than average. You don't need to lose weight.
If your BMI is between 23 and 25, you are not considered overweight by most people. But if your BMI is 26 or more, that's not good. But you knew that already.

what about BMI world statics ?
See this static
[IMG]img209.imageshack.us/img209/8117/fatcountrycharttr3.gif[/IMG]

If you have Another information about BMI please supply us with it.
thank you in advance and I hope My first thread here in this great forums contain useful information. and I hope you have good BMI.
sara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi, welcome to 3fc

We have a BMI calculator on site at http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Calc...MI_Calculator/ that may be of help
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:06 PM   #3  

It is the same
thank you very much for sharing this
Old 03-11-2008, 07:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I don't really agree.

BMI is a good average for determining a proper weight range for someone, but I don't think that it equates to fitness level.

For instance, I am larger currently than my SIL...with a higher BMI. But, I teach about 4 dance classes per week, walk, jog, do yoga, and lift weights. I eat healthfully as well.

My SIL, with the smaller BMI, drinks frequently, smokes a pack a day, NEVER exercises unless you count doing crossword puzzles and napping on the couch, and eats a pretty horrible diet-processed food, ONE meal a day, and sips on regular sodas and energy drinks all day.

She has a smaller BMI, but, I am much healthier and more fit than she is.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
I don't really agree.

BMI is a good average for determining a proper weight range for someone, but I don't think that it equates to fitness level.

For instance, I am larger currently than my SIL...with a higher BMI. But, I teach about 4 dance classes per week, walk, jog, do yoga, and lift weights. I eat healthfully as well.

My SIL, with the smaller BMI, drinks frequently, smokes a pack a day, NEVER exercises unless you count doing crossword puzzles and napping on the couch, and eats a pretty horrible diet-processed food, ONE meal a day, and sips on regular sodas and energy drinks all day.

She has a smaller BMI, but, I am much healthier and more fit than she is.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'd have to agree - BMI has little to do with fitness for some people. I have a higher BMI than lots of folks I know, but I eat a healthy, mostly whole foods diet, exercise regularly, and have a body fat percentage in the low-to-mid 20% range (which puts me in the "acceptable" body fat range, nearing the "Fitness" level of 22%).

If I got myself very far into a "healthy" BMI, I'd have to remain athlete-level body fat percentages, because I have a lot of muscle and am built "thick". I'm just about as high a BMI as you can get and can still be considered "normal"...but I am quite fit.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

I heartily agree with mandalinn on this topic. My BMI is on the high end of "overweight" and my goal is still within the overweight ranges.
I have a large frame and am very heavily muscled. I can't imagine what I would look like within "normal" BMI ranges for my height/weight... honestly not that great. people assume now that I am "normal" because I am fit and wear a fairly small size - with a 29.3 BMI i am a size 8 (obese is a BMI of 30)
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #8  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I think the BMI is bunk.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, the BMI calculator says I am obese. I know that I'm overweight, but I have SUPER broad shoulders (from my mother) and really large bones. (There is something to that "she's just big-boned thing".

If I got down to a BMI of 20, I would look like a bean pole linebacker!
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote