Old 03-01-2008, 08:17 PM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Arrow March Weight Loss Challenge

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm starting this month's thread kinda late, my lil sister had a mini sleepover with her friends and I was too busy trying not to throw myself out a window to get on the computer.

My goals for the month are total re-evaluation. Self-explanatory blog post:

I have no willpower. I can't resist overeating in this house! I'm weak. This is a complete cop-out but I'm done fighting myself over food until I get my own place. I'm done weighing myself until I get my own place. BUT I will start getting into a workout routine again. My goals this month will be purely aerobic.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Thanks for starting the thread JasonsLea. You are not weak; you will find your willpower, when you start concentrating on exercising I am sure the ‘good eatting’ will follow, that’s how it works for me anyway. When I don’t exercise I eat junk, when I do exercise I don’t want to undo my hard work.

My goal this month is to lose 7lbs and bring me down to 150bs. I want to get back into the habits I was in before Christmas. I also want to start eating more salads during the week; I have a habit of making quite extravagant meals when I cook, using very rich ingredients, and when I am not cooking I eat out and it is always greasy and heavy on the carbs.

I am going on a bike ride later today, there is a killer hill right by my house, it always gets my heart racing.
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:13 AM   #3  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

*bump* Everyone needs to find the thread!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I'm here - back from a great weekend. I'm revamping everything. My goal for this month isn't a weight loss goal - it's a personal goal of reconstructing my relationship with food. I know that no matter how much calorie counting, exercise, and "dieting" I do - I'm never going to keep the weight off until I stop emotionally eating - and I have developed a healthy relationship with food.

My goal is to start reading on healthy eating - intuitive eating and to have 15 binge free days this month. I haven't done that in FOREVER (or ever really that I can remember)

So Weight loss be danged - this month is all about improving me on the inside... and the outside will follow.

**Disclaimer** this does not mean that I'm not going to exercise and eat right - exercising makes me feel warm and fuzzy - like a natural high.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Well this month I havent achieved my weight loss goals. I think Im putting too much pressure on myself and beating myself up when i dont achieve these goals. Sigh. Im going to try not and weigh all the time, Im going to have 2 weeks away from the scale. I need to start eating well and listening to my body, and exercising because its good for me, not to make the numbers move!! So I will be checking in on the 17th with a weigh in to see if trying to stop being so obsessive works!! Sounds like your going to be doing a similar thing Eny... lets do this!!
Next week I am away for a weeks business, so I will try not to drink too much wine and eat mindless nibbles, scottish man is also back in two weeks so im sure that will distract me from the cookie jar.. I have a good feeling about this month. Stepping back and re-evaluation is my moto this month.
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:46 AM   #6  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Looks like March will be self discovery month.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #7  
Journey to New Self!

S/C/G: 287/272/268

This year so far has been self-discovery for me, that's what lead me to getting on track with dieting, exercising as well as look at my INNER self. Its hard when certain things start to surface that you've supressed for so long. So I am right there with all of you when it comes to re-evaluation, self-actualization, and emotional eating. I'm glad Lea started this post. My goal last month was to lose 5 lbs, but I only lost 3. I would go to the gym at least 3 times/week and weigh myself everyday. I just knew when Feb. 29 hit I was going to be 5 lbs lighter but when I wasn't I got a little discouraged, so I can related to Pigginpodgey about being too hard yourself. I'm learning to still stick with my regimen and tweek it..so..I'm sticking with going to the gym and tweeking my eating habits. My goals for MARCH is to lose 12 lbs (my initial 10 + the 2 from February that I didn't lose) as well as keeping positive and appreciating my strengths and not being too hard about magnifying my weaknesses. WE CAN DO IT. I AM HERE FOR ALL OF YOU! Lets continue to support each other. It helps me
whitlockdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:23 AM   #8  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Whit!

Day 2: no gym but I did walk home from work with Louie. I've been doing that for a month or so now and I can count it as exercise. I moved.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #9  
Journey to New Self!

S/C/G: 287/272/268

Hey Lea! I'm starting to count my calories since I hear so much about it. So far so good. For breakfast I ate chicken strips and lettuce, and now for lunch. I'm going to the gym for an hour + after work today..hope I can lose something by Sunday!! whoop whoop! lol I'm rooting for u gals!

Lea at least you did get out and move today!! thats good.

Last edited by whitlockdj; 03-05-2008 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typo
whitlockdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Oh my...what a great idea. I have to 3rd or 4th the self discovery thing and stop worrying about the scale. Apparently, i'm not gaining weight...so maybe i will try to focus on my eating plan and excersizing and not worry so much about the scale. Maybe i'll try to wait until the 17th to step on the scale too. I need to pull out a copy of my old fit day and get back to the basics of eating. I also need to make sure i am logging in my time at the gym too. I gotta stop skipping to hang out with my boyfriend.

Okay...March goals.

1) Excersize at least 3 times a week, if not 4
2) Eat like I used to when I was actively trying to lose weight
3) Go grocery shopping and stock up on those foods!!!!
4) Don't step on the scale until the 17th.

Last edited by lumifan4ever; 03-05-2008 at 04:04 PM.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #11  

Hey lumi! Good to see you.

I started reading about intuitive eating today. It sounds like a great plan - but it's going to be REALLY hard to get rid of the "diet mentality"

I haven't got on the scale any morning this week. I have to actually decide NOT to do it. It's a crazy concept for me. I don't want to continuously define myself by the # on there - and look at how far away I am. I think with learning to love myself, re-establishing a healthy relationship with food, and facing the emotional aspect is going to be the best bet for me!

This is going to take a TON of work!

I was forwarded this link: http://www.thefitshack.com/2007/10/0...yourself-thin/
and I'm starting day one today. I think it may be a great thing for a few of us that are redirecting this month, or that are "scared" to lose weight. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:07 AM   #12  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Whit and Lumi!

Eny ~ I checked out the link and to be truthful, I'm afraid to do it. I try not to talk to myself, positive or not.

Last edited by JasonsLea; 03-06-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:03 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Im liking the vibe around here, its all good! My eating has been shocking this week, my work has been getting me down and i have been really comfort eating. Today is a new day and Im going to eat food that is good for me. Im going to go for a walk tonight also. Im trying to focus more on listening to what my body needs and wants. Im off on my business trip on Saturday, so I will be MIA until the 17th probably.
Im also concerned I have set off an anti-weighing movement!! Hehe!! Who knows, maybe when we take the pressure off ourselves the results may be surprising!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #14  

Shari - I understand completely! I did day one yesterday - in which we had to look into a mirror and say that no matter what I love myself, and write down whatever thoughts came to mind.

So there I was looking into a mirror saying 10 times "I love you no matter what, no matter how much you weigh, no matter how you look. I am here for you." I ACTUALLY SNICKERED AT MYSELF! I had so many bad thoughts run through my head it was INSANE! But it really gave insight to a source of my problems too. My self-image is very bruised and battered.

The way I'm thinking is that I really need to start loving myself before I can start appreciating the hard work I do.

piggin' I agree - i like the self discovery stuff we're all doing. I think we need to refocus. We know what we should eat - but limiting ourselves is not good either. My motto for the month is "EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY - BUT ONLY 'TIL FULL"
Old 03-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Shari...don't be afraid to talk to yourself. Be afraid when you answer. lol. I have whole conversations. Some days, those are the best conversations i have all day...and they always go the way i want them to!!! lol.

Enygirl...thanks for the link. I"ll have to go check it out.

okay...i cheated. I got on the scale. i couldn't help myself. I tried to tell myself it didn't matter but i did it anyways. That's a hard habit to break, huh????
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote