Old 03-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/301/150

Height: 5' 9"

Default New Intro

Hi all,

I've been lurking for awhile and thought I'd finally send an intro. I just sent one to the 300+ group as well so you can skip this one if you've read that one

I just joined Weight Watchers for the first time this week. I've chosen to follow the Flex Points plan and so far so good. It really seems like something I can keep up. 4 days in and I haven't used any of the additional 35 points yet...but I just used up all my points for the day so if I need an evening snack I may dip into them. So far I haven't been suffering in the least on this new way of life.

I also belong to Curves and try to go there 4 times a week. I live in Canada and in the winter I'm a cashier at a local grocery store. In the summer I'm a retriever trainer, training retrievers, mostly Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers, for Canadian and American Kennel Club field tests. It's a tonne of fun and where my passion lays.

I live alone with 5 dogs, 1 cat, 6 chickens, 3 ducks and around 20 pigeons. That keeps me out of trouble

Next week I'm heading into the U.S. and I'm making a list of WW (and other low point) items to look for while there. We do have some but I know we don't have all so I'll be loading up the car with some treats!

The other day I had 3 points remaining and really wanted ice cream. I just about did backflips when I used my handy points finder and discovered the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches were only 3 points!

So that's me in a nutshell. I'll keep on lurking and posting occasionally....working towards getting one of those totally cool weight trackers. I SO want one!

Donna
DoinItThisTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #2  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

WW is the best!!!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/227.4/160

Height: 5'4"

Default newby

Hello, Donna. Welcome! You
re doing the right thing. I joined in Feb. myself. Weigh in today. Don't know whether I've lost but I intend to keep on going. This was a hard week OP. I usually always keep track of eating but stomache problems negated that.
That is a neat job with traing retrievers you have. Sounds like fun!
Keep coming here for support. That's what I do. The most successful losers have ups and downs.
Some good one pointers for me are those little (no sugar) applesauce cups (I add cinnamon) and the one point WW yogurts. Also the puddings in little cups. The cheese sticks are one point lifesavers also. So good luck.
Lizabeth2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 276/240/210/180/150

Height: 5'4'

Default Hanging in there

Hello, This is my first week with sticking with the flex plan I have learned it really does help to keep a log of your food. i have been running all day to the school and let me tell you I haven't taken the time to log my food, I'm really having a hard time today. But we can do this!!!! The weight watcher ice cream sandwiches are wonderful. Have a great trip!!!! kay
kaybusk is offline   Reply With Quote