Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 07:01 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Default Weight Loss and Chitchat #289

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:30 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

It's March!

Krystal - a big to you. I know you'll find lots of encouragement and support here. Just jump in, and make yourself at home.

Mary Kate - your bike is awesome! I hope you have nice weather this weekend so you can ride. I'm back on track today, too. I'm going to try my darndest to follow the quote in my signature and not eat unless I'm hungry.

Ellen - well, our local doc thinks the white blood cells are elevated because of the steroids Neal had been on. The second blood test showed they were down some, and nothing to be worried about. We're praying it stays that way, or else surgery will have to be postponed again.

Sassy - good luck with the cleaning, and if we don't hear from you soon, I'll send a St. Bernard to find you in the avalanche. What's your drink of choice for the flask around his neck? LOL

Sue - how was you mom's birthday celebration yesterday. Is she about 20 now? Does she like having her bd on the 29th? So sorry to hear your back is out. I sure hope you're not facing anything close to Neal's problem!

Francie - here's a good idea: you could make and market your own exercise DVD - Dance Away the Pounds, and become rich and famous. We could say we knew you when.

Marti - I take it you finished the bath renovation? How's it look? I just love redoing any room in the house.

Cristina - you're doing so well with exercise. What an inspiration!

Tammy - hope you're all better now from the flu. When are you getting your eyes done? Soon, I'm thinking.

Trish - I'm interested in incorporating the FBD principles with my Weight Watcher regime. Not sure if that's doable, so I'll check out the website.

Mindee - sorry the kids are driving you batty. Mary's are driving her batty, too, and she's glad the weather will be nice this weekend so they can run off some of that energy outdoors. Have a good time at your mom's today.

Jules - aww, what a precious avatar. You can ask Teri to think about moving on, but then I'd let it go at that, or you might make a rift with her. Hopefully, she'll see the light and start fresh w/o him, especially now that she's finding out that he's been lying to her. Have fun with that sweet grandbaby today.

I found a way to use my internet between yesterday and when the repair guy gets here: I just didn't turn it off last night. Hope it stays working.

Today I've got to do laundry before it takes over the world, lol. Tonight, my nephew is coming to cut Neal's hair. He's a licensed barber. I'll see if he'll shave Neal, too. I tried it the other day, and missed lots of whiskers, lol.

I have some junk food in the house that needs to be thrown out so I can make a new beginning for a new month. Even though Spring doesn't officially start until later this month, I sort of think as the 1st of March as the beginning, don't you? Anyway, I've got lots of healthy foods on hand, just need to toss the stuff I'll have a problem with.

Have a good weekend, ladies! If the internet holds out, I'll BBL,

Last edited by Jane; 03-01-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Good morning, everyone. Saturday morning is busy here, so I don't have much time.

I have to make meal plans and a grocery list today so I'm ready to start eating Phase I on Sunday. DH will be joining me, but he will do Phase II from the start. He works out hard 5 days a week with lifting and cardio, so Phase I would be detrimental to him, we think.

Talk to you later,
K
Old 03-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies!!! Not too much going on here, my sister is coming to watch the kids for me today. I am going to drop DH at church so he can practice (choir) then I am going to go shopping for a little while. After DH is done we are going to go out for dinner/lunch. The kids have been bouncing off the walls...even after being outside, so I am looking forward to being away for the day...I know it sounds horrible,but sometimes I just need to get away.

Krystal~ you will love it here...these ladies are so great!

Jane~glad to hear that his WBC is down. try to get a small break when your nephew is there...you need to keep your self going to help Neal. ((hugs))

Mindee~Sounds like Brandon is doing great!!! enjoy your trip to your mom's! And Congrats on tommy's new job!

Trish~THe FBD sounds neat. I will have to definitely look it up

Tammy~hope you are feeling better

Christina~

Francie~ I love to dance around the house. you can really work up a sweat. It always makes doing chores so much more fun!

Sue~hope you feel better soon! and Happy b-day to your mom!

Sassy~hope you and DH had a good night off!!!

Mary Kate~I love riding, but since I have no place to store a new bike I will have to wait. Hope this weather lets you enjoy yours!!!

Jules~
Old 03-01-2008, 12:34 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

JANE...hugs to you Guess I missed that Neal didn't have the surgery, thought he did and was home recuperating, duh. March 12 will be here before you know it...hope he can get some kind of relief before then.

KRYSTAL...a big to you! Looking forward to getting to know you!

MINDEE...enjoy your day at you rmomma's.

SASSY...enjoy your weekend!

Not a lot going on today...it is nice already out, think it is supposed to get up to 69 today, woohoo! But then cool down next week Of course with the wind blowing as it is makes it a little cooler so...just going to get some reading done, lots of laundry, and maybe some scrapbooking.

Enjoy you weekend ladies!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:34 PM   #6  
ugggg.....

Jane--I am doing my best to just keep my mouth shut about everything. She even tends to get mad if I agree with her. I just don't understand how someone so smart and beautiful keeps picking the losers she does.

K--Welcome!!

Ellen--thanks for the hugs!! I need them!!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #7  
ugggg.....

Cristina!!!!--Send some of that warm weather east--it says it's in the 40's but the wind makes it frigid!! I ran to the store for a couple of things and it was snowing when I came out and I passed a mom with two little girls and the one little girl was saying "Mommy look at the big snowdrops!!" It was too adorable!!

Last edited by jules1216; 03-01-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:40 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya JULES! Didn't see you sneak in there. You know...I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut, lol. But I am learning that it is best to, I think. I know it's a hard situation with Dave and Teri and I feel for her, lots of hugs to her. I think she will figure it out though, she is a smart girl as you said and she just needs time. So how are you doing lady? How's that grandbaby?

Forgot to say HI to you Ellen! Enjoy your day with your hubby...mine is working most of the day, ugh. Of course he's been working overtime for a while and they made the announcement last week that overtime will be starting again soon, this month, lol. That company is so messed up.

Have a good day ladies!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 03-02-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Afternoon Ladies

It is good to see everyone here today.

Krystal. We are glad to have you here. You'll love this group... more like family. My family is back in TX so it is really nice to have this group who shares and cares for each other.

For those of you were interested in FBD - Yes it can work with any program as far as I can tell even vegan friendly. Many use it to get started losing on the 32 day program which includes the first 4 Day Jumpstart and then start day 33 counting calories or whatever plan they were using before. The only thing I don't think it would work with is lowcarb as you learn to eat proper amounts of fiber foods... cereal etc. But even then it would work with Whole Foods. I joined for 3 months and never was clear if I'm getting the book or not which I don't really need it. Many of those on 3FC who had to buy the book to join, sent the book back. If I had known what I know now, I might have joined on a month to month as I think I can learn all I need to know during the 32 day program. I paid $45.50 for 3 months and I will cancel at the end. I have heard of one lady who canceled her FBD membership and now is using Fitday to keep up with calories. I may check that out. I think it is free, but I have no problem using pen and paper and/or WW Flex when my 3 mos is up. We hope to get an FBD thread here at 3FC. I think Suzanne is checking into it as there are several of us here who are doing it. I will let you know if that happens. Can't get the book anywhere except Prevention.com for now. I understand it will be this summer before it will be in the store and of course will cost a lot less than $45.50.

Jane - I hope everything goes well for Neal and he is back to himself soon.

Better run. Been on pc too long and need to get busy around here.

Everybody have a great week end.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 03-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #10  
ugggg.....

Hey there Trish!!

Cristina--believe me it started with petty drama with Teri and Dave too especially when his mom gets involved--she's back to the paternity testing thing-I think she is the most dramatic person and such a negative instigator!!Makes me want to take Teri & Nick and run away with you!!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:06 PM   #11  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hey Gang!!!

Hey Gang.

Well my big plans of cleaning out DH's office went out the window. lol. He is sick and has been home yesterday AND now today. So I am just putting it off until next weekend.........

So as you can suspect, not much has got accomplished AT ALL! lol. But oh well he dealt with me being home with my back out, so I guess I have to deal with him being home sick. lol.

Wow my mom just told me she asked her dr for the anti-smoking drug. I told her to be careful with it though because I've heard bad side effects from it. She said she hasn't gotten it yet and its expensive. (she has no insurance) I said that Wellbutrin does the same thing and has a generic. Our dr has given that to my DH before and it does work, if you stay on it long enough, dh did not. I take Wellbutrin for depression and have for a while and I've had absolutely no problems with it, I'd rather her take that than the other stuff. My mom has been smoking a long time, so this is HUGE!!!

She also said that if she flunks her CNA skills test that she has to take in front of the state, she gets out of the $1200 "contract" her work made her sign and she will then move up here. So I told her, "I hope you flunk!!!" lol.

Big

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 03-01-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Although the print date isn't until September, the Prevention Flat Belly Diet book is available to preorder by clicking here:

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_ss_b?u...&Go.x=9&Go.y=5

This is through Amazon, via 3FC, to help support this site. The price is $17.76. Seems like a long way to wait, though, for those that are interested now!
Old 03-02-2008, 12:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Ladies

I am an experiment in progress with FBD and thought I would keep you up on how I do. Then we can all decide if it is worth trying. Well, I made it through Day 1 of FBD JS. But I was wiped out and went to bed at around 11 pm. As you know that is early for me. I didn't get up until almost 10 this morning. I had already told DH last night that I wasn't going to make it for church. I decided to try this ladies because I was gaining again. I weighed 225 lbs yesterday morning. I was so thrilled to see that I was down 2.5 lbs this morning and I already lost 1" around my waist. So I can see why they say that the JumpStart gives you what you need to keep you going. I have gone on diets with other people and either gained or didn't lose what was promised. I remember one time my sister and the girls who worked in the office with her decided to do one of those "lose 10 lbs in 4 days" things. I did it with them. I followed it to the letter and some of them cheated and they all lost the 10 or more lbs, but not me. I lost like 4 or 5 lbs. So it will be interesting to see how I do on the FBD. If it works for me it will work for any one.

Sassy - Hope DH is well soon. Seems strange to say, but hope your Mom flunks her test so she can move with you.

Jane - Hope Neal is feeling better today. I know you are busy taking care of him, but don't forget to be good to yourself.

Mindee - Hope you had a good visit with your Mom and that the kiddos are feeling better.

Ellen, Francie, Jules, Krystal, Marti, Sue, Vann and All I missed Hello there.

Have nice Sunday!!!

Hugs,
Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 03-02-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Happy afternoon. I am halfway through my first day of eating well. I am following SB, and doing pretty well so far. It's busy day, which is actually good for me. The weather is gorgeous (37*) and will be over 50* tomorrow! I just have to get exercise in today... I haven't exercised since before I got the flu a few weeks ago.

Krystal

Last edited by FluffyK; 03-02-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Trish- Did you read the book? If not how did you get the info about the JS? I have found it so hard to lose weight since I "matured." When DH and I did SB he lost 11 pounds in the first phase and I did everything right to the letter...lost, I think, 2 pounds. LAst year I counted calories AND exercised and was almost 4 weeks before the scales moved even a little.
Were you hungry on this first day of JS? You say you were tired, was it from exercise?
Sorry to be so nosey...I am just curious. I went to the web site and think I must need to go back as I don't remember reading any details.

FluffyK...Welcome to our little corner of 3fc's. Hope to talk to you real soon.

Just got in from a walk and am headed for the shower. I walked 1 and 1/3 mile...so far back is better today,but I am careful of how I move. Eating has been good all week and I think I gained a pound. Geesh.... I will weigh for real tomorrow.
Closed Thread