Old 02-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/181/145

Height: 5'6

Default I feel like such an idiot!!!!

So I totally almost passed out in the grocery store, trying to do this colon cleanse. Come to find, you aren't supposed to live off of fruit juice and vegie juice for days while doing it. You are just supposed to eat healthy and take the psyillium fiber. OMG it was so embarrasing!
So, I was talking to a lady that used to teach weight watchers and she totally recommends it. She doesn't teach it anymore, but she said she lost so much weight and kept it off! I am totally interested, but I am strapped for cash right now being unemployed, and a new mommy. So anybody know how I could get weight watchers materials... for like really cheap, without having to join because that is expensive going to the meetings?????
ashisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:53 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

I'm glad you've decided to join Weight Watchers, and I know you'll find it to be a very healthy way of eating, if you follow the guidelines. I personally got my materials from eBay, since I was unable to attend meetings, due to being the main caretaker of my MIL with Alzheimer's disease. Some members that are strapped for cash go to the meetings just long enough to get the points counter and books. Anyway, good luck to you, and please do what you can to get the info. You'll be so glad you did!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:38 AM   #3  
banned

you could just go to a single meeting its cheap
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 360/216/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm totally used to being on a tight budget. eBay is a great place to get WW stuff, although when I was looking they ended up being more expensive than from the WW meetings, so you have to keep an eye on it. Luckily some of my co-workers are going to meetings and were kind enough to pick up books for me.
And if you still can't afford books, I would totally recommend just looking up as much information as you can online. There are tons of resources on how to follow the point system and the points for tons of foods available out there free of charge.
Good luck!!!
syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

Right now they are offering free registration through 3/10 I think it is in most regions.

You just go and pay the week free. YOu get the basic materials and you can buy anything else you want at that time.

Or you can join online and either pay monthly or every 3 months...there is a registration free but the monthly cost is $16.95.

I think they still even offer the 'at home' stuff on the website and give you a flex pay option.

Ebay was suggested but watch out much of the W/W stuff goes for much more than what you could get it at if you went to a meeting.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/181/145

Height: 5'6

Default Anyone Know?

Anyone know how much it costs to get the materials I need if I go to a single meeting?
ashisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:27 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashisback View Post
Anyone know how much it costs to get the materials I need if I go to a single meeting?
If they have free registration, then it's about $12-$14 dollars for the meeting and the Week One materials that explain the plan. Then you can buy the food companion books, etc. Although you don't need to join to just buy the food companion books. You can go into any WW center and just buy those books.

Kimberly
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #8  

You cannot just go into any center and buy WW materials. Our center is a franchise and does not sell to anyone that is not a member.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:03 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

It might be worth it to sign up for the one meeting to get the mats anyways. Only because then you can stay after and have the leader explain directly to you what the plan involves. They can help you start up. ... then you just don't have to go back if you don't want.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote