Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #1  

Default Superfoods Rx diet book

Hi,

I just saw the Superfoods RX Diet book at Barnes and Noble today. I only had time to leaf through it quickly, but it looked very interesting. I was wondering if anyone here had used the diet and tried the recipes? I ordered it from Amazon since it was ten dollars cheaper there.

I don't think I'll follow the diet exactly, but I am looking to eat more whole foods 90% of the time.

Thanks!
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh yes! Some of us like this book very well.

I want you to find anything you can find posted by Glory87 and then come and join us in this thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134782
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #3  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

LOVE this book!!! I have been reading it as I currently have it checked out of the library, but I like it so much I'm going to buy my own copy! For me, it combines the best of my two worlds (losing weight and eating super foods).

Last edited by Cheree; 02-29-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey the diet book is actually the third book. I loved the first book a lot - Super Foods Rx: 15 Foods That Will Change Your Life. The second book added more super foods, but it was VERY repetitive (covered a lot of the same ground as the first book).

I checked the Super Foods diet book (the third book) out of the library and I thought it was just okay. I found it MUCH more restrictive than the super foods plan I had developed for myself. The calorie count was pretty low, the author advocated limiting portions of vegetables and the author was a fan of nighttime meal cut off times. I preferred to eat large amounts of low calorie vegetables (kind of a volumetrics approach) and I never cut off eating at a particular point at the night (which would have been hard for me since I didn't get home from work until 8 a lot!)

There were a lot of great recipes though!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #5  

Thanks, Glory! I wish our library had it. I think I'm getting it more for the recipes, though. I don't own the first book, so I could use the nutrition info also. I never can follow anyone else's diet plan-I have to make my own or I rebel and eat horribly!

Take care,
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote