South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 02:47 PM   #1  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Default Live radio stream from online

Q99fm.com

If you go to listen online, they are doing a live broadcast for Children's Miracle Network radiothon to raise money.

My 6 year old nephew was diagnosed with Leukemia in October. He has ALL. He has been undergoing intensive chemotherapy since that time. He is responding well. He has had one major infection that put him in the hospital and then homebound for 3 weeks.
My brother and sister in law are fabulous. They also have a 9 year old daughter.

I just wanted to share. If anyone wants to listen to the radiothon and hear some very touching stories. They have interviewed families and are airing the interviews during the radiothon. My family should be on between 3pm-4pm est today.

If you can donate, please do, if you can not, please send your prayers. My nephew is Jonathan Harris. They show the family pictures on the radio website as well.
Thanks,
Karla
Old 02-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #2  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Will do skinnydogmom

We will include your nephew and his family in our nightly Rosary.

I truly believe in the power of many people coming together praying. It is a lot of good positive energy!

Just finished work and will try to tune in.

Thanks for letting us know!
Old 02-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #3  
Beach Bum

Thanks Pam!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Karla, I couldn't tune in yesterday because I was headed to the airport to pick up DH, but I hope the radiothon was a great success. I will go see if they still have the pictures up on the site. Your poor nephew will be in my thoughts. I hope he's recovering well from his infection and continues to respond well to the treatment. What a terrible thing for your family to have to go through with one of your precious babies! I think the Children's Miracle Network is a great organization. I've given money to them before and certainly will again. No child should have to suffer.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:05 PM   #5  
Beach Bum

Thank you Schmoodle. The radiothon is doing well. It is still ongoing today until 6pm tonight. I could not listen locally, because the station is down in Roanoke, VA, so I was listening online and they inserted a commercial during my nephew's interview! I have to give him a call today and see how it went. I heard my SIL's voice when the commercial ended saying thank you to the DJ's.
The treatment for boys with leukemia lasts 3 years, so this is a long process. The infection has cleared. Infections are a constant problems for anyone with leukemia.
Thanks to everyone who reads this and sends thoughts and prayers.
Karla
Closed Thread