Old 02-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #1  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

Post First Day of Induction for Me!!!

Today is day one of induction. I'm pretty excited about this one. Last night I went to atkins.com and saved all the phases on my computer so I'll never be without them. My only problem is that I have to find a way to cook some food in the microwave. My stove ran out of propane and I ain't got the money to refill it so I'm stuck with the microwave. Is their a safe way to cook eggs in the microwave? Anyways, at the beginning of every month my mother and I take some time off and visit her sisters for the weekend. And each time, we go to Golden Coral and stuff our faces. Since i'm on induction I'm thinking about not going with my mother next weekend. I don't want to mess up and it'll only be the eighth day of induction. The following month (April) I should be able to go since i'll be on OWL and have a better food choice. Hmm... I really don't know what to do just yet.

If ya'll know any websites or recipies of foods that can be cooked in the microwave PLEASE let me know!

Christina
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #2  
My body in 6 mos!

S/C/G: 161/See Ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi Butterfly Dreams, I'm not sure if there is a way to cook eggs in the microwave without them tasting gross except you can boil eggs in a microwave bowl and eat them as is or make egg salad with them and eat the eggs salad on top of a lettuce leaf. As far as going out to eat, not sure what type of cuisine the Golden Coral specializes in, sounds like it might be either a seafood or a chinese restaurant but either way you should still go and order something you can eat on plan, say a form of protein and veges. You can even ask the restaurant to prepare the protein and veges the way you want. If there is absolutely nothing on the menu that can be eaten low-carb then how about asking your mother if you can go someplace else. You can't stop your life because you are eating low carb and avoid social situations because everyone else is going to pig out in front of you. You have to be determined that you are going to succeed with this and be strong.
deedee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

First of all, I just wanted to say BEST OF LUCK!

Secondly, my family has cooked eggs in the microwave since we liked making our own egg sandwiches.

Put an egg in a microwaveable bowl. Mix it up all good with a fork like you're gonna scramble it. Microwave for about 1 minute (you're going to have to experiment... microwaves all different). I do warn that the egg will come out the shape of the bottom of the bowl though! ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #4  
pound by pound,day by day

S/C/G: 288/283/150

Height: 5'6

Hi! We have a golden corral here in San antonio. I think you should go. They have meaty entrees and a salad bar. The tough thing would be to be strong when it comes to temptation. When we go to buffets like that one I remind myself how happy I am each time I'm a pound closer to my goal. Good luck!
happyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hi Christina!

Happy to have you hear and happy to hear you've started Induction As far as Golden Corral goes....I've been there and they have Atkins friendly foods....even on Induction. Go and enjoy yourself!!

As far as recipes go, check out this site for the best low carb recipes on the net:
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:39 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Butterfly - You'll be on day 8...right?? By then, you should be experiencing the natural diuretic and appetite suppresant qualities of Atkins! We have Golden Coral here in VA and it used to be one of my favorite places before I started Atkins! I'd always go there and pile up...end up eating myself into oblivian! Now...every now and then I take the kids (they love the desert bar) and I'll just have the chicken (baked) or maybe a rib or two (be careful...barbeque sauce loaded w/carbs) hot veggies (if they look good) or a salad...and for desert...some fruit (not a lot, but...just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth while everyone around me is gorging at the ice cream bar!).

I think if you feel strong enough to resist what you already know you'll find once you get there...then hey...go for it! But...if you don't feel strong enough yet...maybe you might want to pass it up...so that you can stay focused on your new WOE'ng...before long...you'll loose most if not all of the old cravings for that stuff...it won't even phase you! Best of luck. Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome butterfly dreams. I can't add to the advice you have already gotten. There is certainly low carb friendly food at Golden Corral. Only you know whether or not you can do it this early into your new lifestyle.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote