Old 02-29-2008, 07:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat Leap day (feb 29th)

Happy leap day (year/whatever you call it). Hope everyone is well. Today is my last day before i fly out to portland. Have to go in early to some stuff done before i leave. I also just found out we'll be down to one petnurse today. Im going to try to find some one to replace the sick one...but i have a feeling it will be hard. So today may just flat out suck. But hopefullly today won't be too bad.
Alright all..i'm off to get showered and dressed for work.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #2  
Fighting to Lose

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi girls

We are good here. DS is out waiting for the bus and I have to get in the shower soon so that I can get to school myself. Worker out for 45 minutes yesterday. Just have to do it today and I will have done it all 5 days this week. I like to take the weekend off and give myself a rest so I don't get to burned out. Plus it is a pain to try and work out when DH is around.

GG-I hope you have a good time in Portland.
Joan-You asked yesterday if I was or am in the military. I am currently in the Navy reserves but also spent time on active duty.
Sheila-My son has had an IEP for the last 5 years. In fact I just had a meeting to update it for next year a couple weeks ago. So if you have any questions maybe I can help you. I was a real pain in one schools but when i thought they weren't giving him what he needed.

Well I should get going. Talk to you all soon.
fightingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

GG - have a safe trip.
Fighting - have fun at school today - what are studying?

Not much going on here! Laundry! I thought we would run out this morning as most of the stores are nuts on Friday afternoon. Then I will work out this afternoon. Switch things up!!

Have a good day everyone.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #4  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Mornin ladies,

GG, glad you're feeling better, have a safe trip tomorrow.

Lisa, did you get the desk put together?

Chunkomonkey, may be best to ask a professional with your back issues and all.

Dawn and fighting have a good day girls!

I did my workout and I'm feeling good today. Gonna get my shower and get out before the kids get home. I have a gift card for TJ Maxx. Problem is, whenever I have a giftcard and I go to make a purchase I tell myself "no this isn't worthy of my giftcard" LOL. Crazy, I know.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:15 AM   #5  

good morning

i have a question...since its leap day...if we have a baby today at work when do they count one year older next year and whenever its a nonleap year?

anyways...thank you sheila and hanna...i may ask in the near future for that info...im going to the school today....i feel bad even asking them for an IEP but its expensive for him to be there...i dont mind paying for the program however the want all $$ for each month in full each month...its over $5000 to be there per month...i cant afford that...so we'll see what happens

TODAY IS FRIDAY!...im happy..im really tired this week...so this weekend i am resting...went shopping last night...i got 3 really cute tops...2 super cute purses and one just adorable jacket...i was lucky..i went to a store i never go to (marshalls)...found super cute stuff..good quality...and only spent $100 for all that..

well...hope everyone has a great day!..ill try to check in from work
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornings Girls!

TGIF *and* the last day of February:-). I can't remember a year when I was looking more forward to March... Hope that everyone has a great day ~ Joan

P.S. GG ~ fingers crossed that today turns out better than expected... hang in there sweetheart.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning!

GG how is your ankle? Have a great time in Portland! Hopefully it won't be to rainy.

Fighting what a great feeling to have been able to workout every day this week.

Dawn enjoy the day today! avoid the crowds!

Alicia good luck a the store. Did you find the park OK? and did DD play?

Christina that does sound like a lot of $$ I am glad it is working out for him thought, I have the information for the advocate, when ever you are ready.

Today is going to be a great day!!! I am going knitting w/my group, then coming home to wait for Sean to get home from school. I don't have any plans for the weekend, I hope DH doesn't work long hours, I know he is planning on going to work both days. Monday he is taking the day off, we have an appointment w/neurologist for Sean.
I have to go get ready and eat breakfast
Later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hi Joan we were posting at the same time
I agree TGIF
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! Just got done with my shower. Did a 5 mile WATP video and now I'm beat! Probably because I didn't sleep well last night. Loads of housework to catch up on today. Hubby's home sick from work, trying to keep my dd away from him, don't need two sick babies in the house, he's bad enough by himself lol. I exceded my goal of 1500 minutes of exercise this month! That makes me happy! Just wish the scale would show me a little love!

Gatorgirl, I hope your day isn't too bad.
Fighting, have fun at school, what are you studying?
Alicia, I am the same way about gift cards!
DeltaDawn, have a great day
Christina, yay for new clothes. I've been holding off, want to wait until I lose a bunch of weight first!
Joan, keeping my fingers virtually crossed for you that you have a good day!
Hanna, Enjoy your knitting group!

Everyone else, have a great day!

Heather
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

chunkomommy/heather ~ just finished reading your post from yesterday... have you ever tried exercising on a recumbent bike? I have back problems too and that baby is so easy on it. You should try one out.

Hanna ~ I hope that you get to enjoy your weekend with the fam!

Alicia ~ my problem with gift cards is that I never stay within that amount and always end up spending more lol:-). I love TJ Maxx!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Afternoon everyone! Been a busy morning here. Got the housework done I had planned for today and the never ending laundry is going. My last load for the day is in the dryer now. I REALLY dislike housework .

I haven't been bad, but I haven't been particularly good this week with my eating. I'm procrastinating getting on the scale. I think I have at least a pound of sinus crud in my head with the way it feels today .

GG: I hope the ankle is feeling better and that you have a safe trip.

Hanna: Enjoy the knitting. I just downloaded some podcasts about knitting to check out. I taught myself to knit many years ago, but I have never done anything with it. I thought that I would take a look at the podcasts and see if I want to try something.

Heather: I hope your hubby is feeling better and that your DD doesn't get sick. We've been passing the crud around here for almost 2 months.

OK, I'm being paged. Have a great day everyone!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

This morning I felt fantastic. Now I am feeling very lethargic. Everday about this time I am getting so tired.

Christina, that is so expensive. How much longer will Dominic have in the program?

Heather, Dh is the same way. As bad, if not worse than the kids when he is sick. Good going on all the exercise. I'm counting mine by miles so I have no clue how many mins I'm at. Great job.

Joan, it is hard to stay in the limit. Your hubby ready for his trip?

Hanna, I did find the field. By the time we got there DS had Picked up on DD's attitude. Ever wish the ground would just swallow you up when the kids have acted poorly? Thankfully DS attitude improved after he started playing. DD would not play though Enjoy your knitting today.

This weekend I would like to relax. Found out earlier that FIL is coming for the weekend. DD has a friend coming home with her from school. So not sure how relaxing it will be.

Gotta pick up around the house, talk later.

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:06 PM   #13  

alicia: he doesnt go to court again until june 24th or something like that...so at least until then...what ive heard is that the judge will usually give some extra time anywhere between 1 month to one year...so its all going to depend on him and how he is doing
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all..work wasn't too bad. We were short staff but luckily buisness was slow. I did however stay late trying to get some stuff done before i headed out to portland. I spent about 2 hrs (my lunch break and an hr that i blocked off) working on the employees schedule. God do i hate doing that stuff..but i really feel as if the schedule lately has been screwy. My ankle is doing really well..still hurts some but its doing very well. Not sure how much i'll get on when i'm in portland (dh needs the laptop for some school work) but i'll try to stop in.
hope everyone has a good weekend.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Hello, everyone. Mind if I join in?

I am *just* about to start Phase 1. Probably on Sunday, because I need to do some shopping. I'm 34 and married with 4. I "stay at home", and would like to lose 30 pounds total. I have a wedding at the end of August, so it would be nice to have a chunk of that lost by then.

SB is good for me, I did it once before and felt great on it. It's just a little scary at this point b/c I'm a carb junky and feel like I'm stepping through the doors of a rehab center! LOL! I've gotta do it, though...

I crochet a lot, myself. I *can* knit, but it is slow going. I enjoy how versatile crocheting is, but I prefer knitting for wearables, especially hats.

I'll be looking for tomorrow's thread. Thanks for letting me drop in.
FluffyK is offline   Reply With Quote