Old 02-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #1  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

Post 10 things I want to be able to do when I reach my goal...

Here's a list of 10 things I would love to be able to do when I reach my goal. Post your list of 10 also.

When I reach my goal I want to...
1. wear cute clothes.
2. ride roller coasters without worrying if I would fit or not.
3. talk freely with anyone without holding back.
4. wear a bathing suit on the beach.
5. be confident enough to have someone fall in love with me.
6. dance without feeling embarrassed.
7. be healthy enough that when someone hugs me their arms will go completely around me.
8. be able to jog a long distance.
9. be in a pageant.
10. be the envy of all those that made fun of me back in my school days.

Last edited by butterfly_dreams; 02-28-2008 at 11:15 PM.
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Awesome list!! You look like you are well on your way to that goal! Congrats on your great success and keep up the excellent work!!!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #3  
agility-nut

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

1. Beat my dog running on the agility course
2. wear short shorts
3.wear tank tops!
4. not being emberished at the gym
5. not have to worry if the chair is going to break (patio chairs)
6. beable to have a piece of cholate, without the quilt
7.not always looking for only elastic pants and shorts
8. Ride roller coasters again
9. feel good about myself
10. love clothes shopping again
Janis427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #4  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'5"

I think those are great goals
daizylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

At the risk of this being slightly off topic....being overweight is a highly emotional issue.

You made the comment "to be confident enough to have someone fall in love with me". For me, this hit home HARD. I'm almost 47 years old now and believe me, I think much differently today than I did when I was 30 years younger. I made the dreaded mistake of marrying someone I did not love because I was insecure about my weight and he paid attention to me. It took me a long time to realize there was more to life than spending it unhappily & miserably. When that situation ended, so did my struggle with my weight. Imagine that!!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 02-29-2008 at 10:24 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:37 PM   #6  
My body in 6 mos!

S/C/G: 161/See Ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Amen, jerseygyrl, when I got rid of the loser in my life, I lost 165 pounds of loser man weight and have never looked back. Now that I'm trying to take care of me, I'm attracting better people in my life in general and I can be the one who chooses who stays and who needs to go. When you decide to make positive changes in your life like lose weight it starts a chain reaction that positively affects all areas of your life. You're a testimony to that!

Last edited by deedee10; 02-29-2008 at 01:38 PM.
deedee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:28 PM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Wow Butterfly...your really very beautiful!! So naturally...I could totally see you in a pageant! Stay with it...and I know you'll be on your way! Hey...I always say to people who madee fun of my weight..."yeah...I'm fat...but I can lose fat...you can't loose ugly!"

Okay...great thread...so here it goes:

When I reach my goal I will:
1. (summer time) wear only clothing with "strings"
2. wear a thong to the beach!
3. wear all of my cutest size 6 clothing (now growing cobwebs in the back of the closet!)
4. treat myself to an all-exclusive (spare no costs) spa retreat
5. make my ex-hubby sick to death with my stunning beauty
6. wear my daughter out to exhaustion when we go to amusement parks
7. go out more...parks, recreational activites, bowling, skating w/daughter & grandkids
8. be the hottest thing since "Linda Lovelace"
9. drive my BF crazier than ever
10. finally have ultimate control over the last piece of my life!

P.S. Janice - BTW, you can have chocolate right now without the guilt...check out "chocoperfection" bars at www.netrition.com...there delish and 0 carbs (no effect on blood sugar). I eat them all the time...I like the dark chocolate! Joyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly_dreams View Post
Here's a list of 10 things I would love to be able to do when I reach my goal. Post your list of 10 also.

1. wear cute clothes.
2. ride roller coasters without worrying if I would fit or not.
3. talk freely with anyone without holding back.
4. wear a bathing suit on the beach.
5. be confident enough to have someone fall in love with me.
6. dance without feeling embarrassed.
7. be healthy enough that when someone hugs me their arms will go completely around me.
8. be able to jog a long distance.
9. be in a pageant.
10. be the envy of all those that made fun of me back in my school days.
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:19 AM   #8  
Believe and Achieve

Wow, you really think I could be in a pageant someday?
Old 03-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

REALLY!!! I'm sitting here (drinking my hazelnut coffee) looking at your pic...and thinkin' WOW...this girl's so damn naturally beautiful...I can't believe people made fun of her...jealous b*tches!...it's refreshing...with not a stitch of makeup! You look like the old "gerber baby" all grown up! You can do this...(by this...I mean reach your potential)! Like I said...the hard part is already accomplished by nature..your gorgeous...now it's the getting in shape part...and that's why we're all here! Joyce

Last edited by bambifox; 03-01-2008 at 10:53 AM.
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #10  
pound by pound,day by day

S/C/G: 288/283/150

Height: 5'6

Here are my ten

1. Get pregnant
2. Be able to shop in regular stores and buy clothes that do not have X's.
3. wear cute clothes.
4. also wear a bathing suit, an I don't want to have to cover it up!
5. Sit in flimsy looking chairs with all my weight and not be afraid that it is going to collapse.
6. Run for miles!
7. Just grab an outfit that looks good for special occasions without trying on everything in the closet and ending up crying at the end.
8. try on clothes at the stores. I hate doing that right now!
9. ride on rides at the Rodeo and not worry that the restraints won't close on me.
10. Be able to keep up with all of the Kindergarteners that I teach! They sure wear me out right now!

BOY I CAN'T WAIT!
happyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #11  
Believe and Achieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambifox View Post
REALLY!!! I'm sitting here (drinking my hazelnut coffee) looking at your pic...and thinkin' WOW...this girl's so damn naturally beautiful...I can't believe people made fun of her...jealous b*tches!...it's refreshing...with not a stitch of makeup! You look like the old "gerber baby" all grown up! You can do this...(by this...I mean reach your potential)! Like I said...the hard part is already accomplished by nature..your gorgeous...now it's the getting in shape part...and that's why we're all here! Joyce
Wow, thanks! You've definitely made my day! Not very often I get a compliment like that!
Old 03-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #12  

Excellent lists! This is super cool. I wanan try!!! Okok let's go!

1. Wear suuuuper cute clothes
2. Be able to ask my friend Chloe to make me a dress w/o being embarrassed of her taking my measurements.
3. Be Princess Peach for Halloween!! (I love Peach!! )
4. Get a piggyback ride from my boyfriend.
5. Wear a swimsuit without wearing shorts over it.
6. Not feel disgusting after I indulge even a little bit at a friend's house
7. Have a margarita with my mom! Woo! (Ok this may/may not seem weight related, but I really hope to have it all off by my 21st )
8. Be able to engage in more yoga moves comfortably.
9. Enjoy people asking me "Have you lost weight??" when I hadn't seen them in a while.
10. Enjoy my cousin's cooking!!!!
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

Great goals everyone!!! Keep up the good work!!! Here are a few things that I was able to do when I reached my first goal.
1. Chase after my son without getting out of breath.
2. Go snowtubing without getting out of breath.
3. Went to a water slide park and didn't feel embarrassed wearing a bathing suit.
4. Went dress shopping in a non-plus store and had every dress I tried on look great!
5. Fit into my niece's hand me downs from American Eagle Outfitters.
6. Had the compliments (did you lose weight, you look wonderful)
7. Needed a whole new wardrobe.
8. Feel sexy again.
9. Feel like I fit in better in a crowd.
10. Feel like I can do any sport I want to do. Took up downhill skiing this winter.

Good luck to all.
justdoit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Here is one that I thought of. We were in Lake Tahoe at a beachfront resort for a few days last summer. They had those big paddle boats made of plastic. I saw one poor woman get on with her child and the woman was pretty large. The paddle boat was tilted to one side so much that the child's side was out of the water and only one set of peddle paddles was in the water so they were going around in small cirlces. I wanted to cry for her. We used a paddle boat and had no problems but I was stressing about it!
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #15  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I saw this thread when it went up a few days ago and I've been ruminating on it I'm fairly close to my goal, I could be there by the beginning of June if I work hard. I've been this close before, but I've always sabotaged my way back away from the goal. It's an emotional and mental thing...I don't think my mental fat girl knows where she'll be once the physical me is fit. She tries to keep me from getting there, and she's succeeded many times. I have a feeling, a deep, non-anxious, matter-of-fact surety that I'm going to reach my goal this time--and before June is over. It's actually a relief. So, here are my 10, soon-to-be realized things:

1. Reach my weight loss goal, for once; and be able to proudly say so to all of the people who have heard me say it before, and have seen me fail all those other times.

2. Wear fitted jeans and cute, fitted tops without worrying if I'm going to sprout muffin-top or develop rolls when I sit down in them.

3. Be outdoorsy for the first time since I was younger. Lately, I've been longing for spring so I can go on longer walks, hikes and run down near the beach--this one will probably happen before I reach my goal.

4. Wear tank tops, without worrying about my flabby, squishy upper arms.

5. Wear skirts, without worrying about my flabby, squishy upper thighs.

6. Buy a Renaissance Faire outfit finally--I've been waiting for almost 2 years for that. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a bodice, only to shrink out of it.

7. To be able to do real push-ups. Not half-assed ones on my knees, or on an incline--but real ones.

8. To go to a LARP and play the strong, dextrous warrior-type in my new Renaissance faire-type gear. Kicking butt and taking names.

9. I want to be able to inspire other people when I reach my goal, to go after weight loss and fitness for themselves.

10. To graduate from college at the end of May looking the best I have in my entire life. I want to have photos of the day I get my B.A. to be ones I can be proud of.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote