Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 09:11 AM   #1  
Canadian, eh?

Default Weigh in at home 2/18 - 2/24

Thought I'd start this week's thread as I have a few minutes before I have to leave for work. Hope everybody had a great weekend. Mine was pretty good foodwise. Didn't exercise yesterday, I think I have a cold coming or something; don't feel unwell, just zero energy. I was asleep by 7:30 p.m. last night. Feel very flat this morning too. Sneak peak wasn't bad this morning, I should be able to report a loss tomorrow.

Have a great Monday!

Karen B
Old 02-18-2002, 11:34 AM   #2  

Hi Karen B,I hope you're feeling better by now and not getting sick. I'm sick of being sick, but am feeling a bit better today. Good luck with weigh in, I'll be waiting to hear the good news.

PMS had me eating everything that was edible Saturday, but that's behind me. The rest of the weekend went well. I find I'm having more slips than usual lately, probably because I'm under the weather. I have a busy day planned, so won't have too much opportunity to slip up. Hope everyone is having a great President's Day.
Old 02-18-2002, 12:49 PM   #3  

Good Afternoon. Weekend went well, weigh in was great -3 for the week. Finally broke those .2 losses.

Karen and Karen, hope you are both feeling better.

Back to work, try and be back later.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:01 PM   #4  
cookies are for browsers

Hi everybody!

I tried to post on the last thread but everybody has so much going on I got overwhelmed and couldn't start to reply! So
let me just say that I hope you ALL are doing well, exercising, and losing weight.

I'm on day 17 of the blood type diet and I have to say that it is fine if I am at home but it is **** in a restaurant. I am
tired of ordering stir fry and salad. That's about it, too! The worst cravings are for pasta, chocolate, and for some reason
(I never eat these anyway) I keep craving a cinnamon roll with lots of butter. Of course I'm not going there. I might
let myself have a small amount of chocolate and I am looking for spelt lasagna noodles, if anybody finds them please let
me know. This diet.. I will have to make lasagna with spelt pasta and mozzarella or feta. I am thinking a feta lasagna
would be really good. But feta ANYTHING is usually really good.

But at home I like to make a kind of funky dish:
steamed rice
hard boiled egg
chopped nuts
orange marmalade
mango chutney

It sounds weird but it is tangy, salty, and sweet all at once and it really is not very fattening at all, and it has a good
amount of protein to it, too. Here's another one:

Spread some vegetarian refried beans on a rice cake. Put it in the microwave for one minute. Add some pico de gallo, and you
have a REALLY fast snack that will last you a while, has protein AND veggies in it, and is pretty low on points.

WW has kind of skewed my opinion of what makes a vegetable. I keep thinking that rice comes from the bakery!!!

I weigh in tonight, I'll post it later this week.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Karen B - I hope you're able to shake whatever you're trying to come down with.

Karen C - I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. I think its pretty natural to slip up when we're not feeling well. It takes enery, sometimes, to stay OP, energy we just don't have when we're sick. And then again, our natural inclination is to comfort ourselves and in many cases that means with food. I hope you're feeling 100% better soon.

Michele - Congrats on a great loss. Woo Hoo for breaking that plateau.

Jennifa - I think I would have those cravings too. Do you have a Whole Foods store near you? I would guess they would carry spelt products.

My weekend was ok. Fell down on the water drinking again. Today I gave into my cravings for Chinese food. I've been fighting them for over a week and just caved. I'll have to eat very lightly at dinner and drink a lot of water. PMS is starting with a vengeance as well, so I'm not hopeful for this week's weigh-in.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 02-18-2002, 08:27 PM   #6  

Default Not too bad of a week

I did okay this week, down 1.5 pounds. I think that I might go to the gym tomorrow since I have the day off. It will probably end up killing me because I have not been to the gym since last August.

October: 178
Now: 159
Goal: 150
Old 02-19-2002, 09:03 AM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

idreamofbeanies - welcome! and congratulations on your loss. Have fun at the gym!

Michele - congratulations on your great loss! That rededicating last week certainly paid off!

Karen C - sounds like we're all PMS/TOM'ing together. bleh! The recent slip ups are probably due to being unwell, as Carla said. When we're not feeling good, we don't pre-plan.

Carla - did you manage to eat light last night? That H20 will flush out the sodium in no time.

Jennifa - your cravings are making me hungry!! Your rice dish sounds interesting. Not sure about the marmalade though.

Feeling okay today. TOM arrived out of the blue, so I guess that was what was up. Had a nice weigh in this morning. Down 3 lbs, so that makes up for last week's maintain.

Hi to Judy, Jan, Mysterygirl, Lee.

Have a good day,

Karen B
Old 02-19-2002, 10:09 AM   #8  

Hi everyone.

IDream - Congrats on a terrific loss and welcome! Have a good time at the gym.

Karen B - Congrats on a terrific loss. Nope, no light dinner. John cooked last night and would have made major boo-boo faces if I declined his dinner. I'll keep it on the light side today.

Hi to everyone else!

I didn't get in as much water yesterday as I wanted to. I had a very PMS'y "I don't care" day yesterday. I'm feeling much more sane and rational today. But I'm very bloated and icky feeling, so I hold out no hopes for tomorrow's weigh in. Ah well, I'll see what the scale says, deal with it, and move on.

Have a good day.

Carla
Old 02-19-2002, 12:29 PM   #9  

Hi all - just a quick post - I got some sort of bug Sunday night and have been nursing it yesterday and today. Congrats to all the losers!

I had a very PMS'y craving Sunday at my Mom's - had a little too much of some things that left me over points just for the evening - I did a "who cares" when we got home but since then I've counted up the damage and am working off the deficit. I did have a good weigh in on Saturday - I lost the 0.6 I gained the week before,. I was hoping for more but what with it being PMS time and all I'm not complaining. My goal this week is to be sure my slip on Sunday doesn't ruin my next weigh in.

I hope to be on more tomorrow - have a great one,

Judy
163.6/156.6/135
Old 02-19-2002, 12:49 PM   #10  
You! On a Diet Groupie

S/C/G: 180.5/170.5/130.5

Height: 5' 4"

Hello everyone!

It seems as if I post and then go MIA. Our internet was down for three days and I was only able to get back on this morning. I realized I have not said much about myself or how I am doing.

I have no problem staying OP. I am following a hi-lo points plan, with one extreme day using banked points. I usually figure points for dinner first, then the rest of the day. I find when I have a satisfying dinner, I do not graze the rest of the night.

I average 9 - 10 glasses of H2O per day. I go to the gym four times per week. Today I receive my weight training plan from the trainer. Hopefully I will not be too sore tomorrow.

I hope everyone is feeling better today. And congrats to all the losers.
Old 02-19-2002, 02:08 PM   #11  
cookies are for browsers

Hi all,

Welcome winterstar and idreamofbeanies. Funny tag name, that. You will be losers if you hang out here!

Karen, Garon, congrats on the losses! You deserve to lose! You are losers! (funny how here that's a good thing, anywhere else, well... )

Phoinix and Judy, and the rest of you who are struggling with PMS, they say that women who work or live together sync up with their cycles. I never knew it extended to the 'net!! I am hoping that this WOE will help with my evil evil cycle.

Yes, the marmalade sounds weird but it isn't sweet like you think and with the rest of it it's good.

Down 4.5 pounds. I'd better be since I am pretty much eating a whole lot of rice cake aka styrofoam. Rice cakes are quite good with plum simply fruit and chopped almonds on top. Yes I am getting creative. And I like to share! BTW blueberry simply fruit is gross - reminds me of rabbit droppings...just couldn't bring myself to eat it. I think I'll bake with it instead.

Jennifa
217.5/213/170
Old 02-19-2002, 04:00 PM   #12  

Hi everybody. Sorry I've been MIA. Between illness and the girls both having boyfriend problems, I haven't had time to get on line.

Welcome to all the newbies.

Karen B - Glad you're feeling better. Way to go on the great loss.

Karen C - Glad to hear you're feeling better. Illness always causes me to go over. I think I eat to convince myself I'm not really feeling bad.

Michele - Congratulations on the great loss.

Jennifa - Congratulations on the loss. Had to laugh about the rice cakes. I just can't get them down.

Carla - Keep drinking that water.

Judy - Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Congratulations on the loss, especially since its PMS time.

Jan - Sounds like you are doing great. I just started back with the weight training. Had a couple of sore days, but I kept telling myself it was just proving to me that I need it.

I'm still maintaining. I did get out for a long walk this weekend...first time in a long time. I'm doing so-so with the food. Just need to string some good days together. Hopefully things will settle down soon.

Pat
Old 02-19-2002, 04:16 PM   #13  

WOW! What a bunch of losers! Hope to join you with a loss tomorrow, but will have to wait and see.

Pat, glad you made it back. Hope you're feeling better and the girls are too.

Judy, congratulations on the loss. Sorry to hear you're sick too.

Michele, you go girl! You must be almost at goal by now! Congrats on the loss.

Jennifa, you too! I am really enjoying hearing about your diet and the unusual food combinations. I'm glad it's working.

Karen B, you're just another loser, glad to hear it!

Carla, what Jennifa said! I know just how you feel.

Winterstar and BeanieBabe, welcome! Great to have more losers posting here.

I had an okay day yesterday, went 4 points over, not a good way to start the week, but I know I'll make it up. Feeling better every day and still doing twice the exercise, so hope to have a good weighin tomorrow, but who knows? If not, that's okay too. I've decided that it's okay to be at this weight for a while and to lose slower than the first (almost) 60 pounds. My body needs time to adjust.I'm just so happy to have all of you here for support. Thanks! Here are my numbers (from last week): 238/178.5/148
Old 02-19-2002, 04:58 PM   #14  

Good afternoon.

Judy - Congrats on getting that 0.6 right back off. I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I see the PMS monster has been spreading his "who cares" poison hither and yon. Let's kick his sorry butt out of our houses.

Jan - Sounds like you're doing fantastically in following the program. I'm with you on the satisfying dinner. When I feel like I've really sat down and ate a meal, my urge to snack at night is almost non-existent.

Jennifa - Congratulations on a terric loss. Haven't had a rice cake in awhile. I should pick some up.

Pat - It's good to hear from you again. I was getting worried. Sounds like a lot of angst going on in your house.

Karen C - I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. I think its natural for the body to slow down as the amount you have to lose decreases. And since you have half as much weight left to lose as you started out with... Those are great stats.

Last week I ordered a WW cookbook from Azmazon.com: Slim Ways Hearty Meals. I thumbed through it when it arrived today and it looks like one terrific cookbook, especially for all those comfort meals we love in the wintertime. Much to my surprise and delight it even had a Bolivian Beef Stew recipe. We're always on the look-out for Bolivian recipes so we can give Ana a taste of her homeland.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 02-20-2002, 08:13 AM   #15  

Wow you miss a couple of days and look what happens, so many posts to catch up on.

Pat-Great to hear from you. Boyfriend troubles can sure be a handfull. Good Luck!

Windstar and Beanie-Welcome and hope to see/hear much more from you.

Carla-Bolivian Stew, let me know how it turns out and what ingrediants make it Bolivian.

Karen-Almost 60 pounds that is so wonderful for you. They say at the WW meetings that sometimes when you loose a lot it takes you body awhile to adjust. Just keep on keeping on and you will make it.

Jennifa-Great Loss! Your new plan must be the right one for you.

Judy-I am in agreement about kicking the PMS monster right in the a** He is knocking at my door as I type this. I let the darn Girl Scouts into my home and into my mouth last night. Those Thin Mints get me everytime. I put the rest of the whole box into Steve's lunchbox, he better not bring any home. Congrats on the loss!

My sister is here visiting from NY with her 2 teenage boys while they house hunt. Not going good, the market is crazy here. A house goes on Monday morning and has 5 offers by the afternoon. She has already sold her house in NY and will be closing 3-17 with no place to go as of yet. I hope she finds something she likes soon or when they come back in March my house is going to be awfully crowded Bobbys basketball team lost in the playoffs last night but at least I don't have anymore games/practices till next year now Baseball will be starting soon and he plays soccer year round so I dont feel too bad that basketball is over.

Everyone have a great day.
Closed Thread