General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-27-2008, 03:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/260/175

Height: 5'7

Thumbs down Shopping

Has anyone else noticed that TARGET has the absolute worst plus size selection?? It makes me mad b/c I love that store, but I dont like anything they have in their 5x3 foot section for plus sizes.
ElayneRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Have you tried Target online? I've noticed the cutest plus size clothes at our area Targets. The section is kind of squished in with the maternity, but cute stuff nonetheless. Last night when I was perusing the clearance racks, they had loads of plus size clothes. It seems like they have more plus size on the clearance racks then they do on normal ones.

I never shopped there when I was plus size, but Burlington Coat Factory and Gordman's always seem to have a good selection of plus size clothes.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:40 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hmm honestly, Target is not some place that I ever bought Plus size clothes. Whenever I thought of Target, it wasn't for clothes. On the other hand, I always loved Target's exercise clothes. I've noticed that different Targets have a different selection.

My suggestions for clothes would be clearance racks and sales for Macys and Dillards. When they have a big sale, they have tons of racks of clothes marked down a lot.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #4  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Check Sears, too.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Target clothes have never fit me properly regardless of my size. I also don't think they are very well made. I'd try other stores. Fashion Bug, The Avenue, Torrid, Macys are the places I shopped the most when I was in plus sizes.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:27 PM   #6  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I wholeheartedly agree--Target's plus size section is crap. I can never find much to choose from there, and when I do find something I like, the shirts always seem to run WAY small. I can't even wear the LARGEST size they sell in shirts, yet I can wear plus size shirts from most other places
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:32 PM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Target - almost never.
The majority of my plus-sized clothes came from Meijer, Kohls, TJMaxx, Sears, Wal-Mart, Burlington Coat Factory, and Fashion Bug.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Our target store squishes the plus size in with the maternity too, one day I was walking through and noticed the absolutely cutest button up shirt and I thought that would look good and got my size and then realized after walking around a bit that it was a maternity shirt I agree though about their sizing, it's a bit odd
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote