Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-27-2008, 02:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/248/130

Height: 5'2''

Red face Lapband ?

Hello Everyone, Im sure this is documented elsewhere, however, havent been able to find it, forgive me, for I just took out my contacts and cant see diddly squat.

Anywho, I was wondering about the lap band. I have been looking into it, and reading as much as possible. Ive seen the commercial with the roaring tiger, and thought "that sounds like me" lol. Im always hungry, and even when I fill myself, im hungry soon after that. I have OCD and its hard to resist food when we have a refrigerator full of it. Ill eat anything thats laying around, just because im not "full". So between my compulsions with food, and my stomach being idle, i'll eat eat eat.

Does the lap band make you feel fuller? I understand it is a tool, however, my problem seems to lie within my idle stomach, and from what ive read thus far, it is supposed to help you feel fuller quicker, correct?

I hope my insurance will cover it (Medicaid) if I do indeed choose to go for it.

Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
huniebunie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Hunie,

Well.... the band will help you eat less (but only if properly filled) of the right foods. Most doctors suggest you eat a low carb diet, meats first, veggies and then if you must carbs. If you decide to eat chips, cakes, ice cream...it will go right through the band and you'll be hungry faster. The band itself will not stop OCD or change your thoughts about food...thats why they have support groups and therapy. Your local hospital should have groups you can look into.

Hope this helps

I would suggest you go to a surgeons seminar and take it from there.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote