Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default Down to 165, 10 lbs to go!

I worked hard the last month and lost 4 lbs, so I'm down from 169 to 165 as of this morning. YES. I decided I'd NOT SHOP until I was slimmer, so yesterday I went and bought a few more clothes, some comfy sweats and YES a slim fitting geographic top that I could have never worn before because of my former yucky muffin top...

I feel so much better, more energetic. I'm eating "clean" and am researching, reading about nutrition, reading diet books and am doing my own plan combining Superfoods RX, Supermarket Diet, Toning Tummy Type, Don't Say Diet, etc.

I created a personal "recipe" book just for me, with fewer choices for breakfast and lunch as I get busy, and I'm creating a variety of dinner choices... keeping calories at 1200-1400 per day most days. I'm working out NO MATTER WHAT at least 30 minutes per day and am moving forward with more weight training as well.

I'm almost 40, my goal was to be down five more lbs by my birthday in March, I might not QUITE make it but I'll be close. This has been a six month journal, I'll admit so yo-yo dieting, and trying various plans - like the low carb that didn't work for me.

What I want is life long nutrition and an exercise plan I can stick with. My cario is a bouncer in my living room, some walking, and lots of dvds. I like variety. I have a variety of hand weights and bought barbells last week so I can progress with more intermediate moves.

I want to be FIT, FIT in my 40s. Able to wear classy clothes and I want MUSCLE. I love the look of Madonna, Kelly Rippa, etc with the toned, toned arms. I let my self get flabby and very unfit partly from depression and personal stuff and I'm feeling STRONGER these days.

No more emotional eating. I'm finding that yoga, meditation, quiet music and taking time outs is helpful for stress. I gained a lot of weight in my belly and I think my stressful life contributed so I'm slowing down and being mindful. In addition to my recipe book, I'm going to have techniques/recipes for destressing and not letting this insane world get to me as much.

Yeah for reaching my goal of 165, and on to 160 next... I seem to be able to think diet/pushing exercise a bit in 5 lb increments.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:15 PM   #2  
Miss Christina

S/C/G: 168/168/140

Height: 5'7

hi! im new to this and just came across your post. I also weigh around 165! how much weight are you wanting to lost total?
christena911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:15 PM   #3  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Yay!! Congrats!!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:41 AM   #4  

I'm trying to get down to about 155 again, where I was a few years ago before I stupidly gained weight back. I was a size 8-10 but I'm getting down there again. I'll settle at a little more if I gain muscle as muscle weighs more. I'm getting into more serious weight training, I enjoy it. Gives me something to do in the evenings before bed when I'm a bit bored, I'm a single mom.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:32 AM   #5  

Ok, back to my goal, lose 10 more lbs. Took a bit of a break, traveled for business, but my exercise/diet journal is out... I seem to go in spurts, 4-5 lbs at a time is what I can focus on losing. Even THAT is a lot of work. They say the last 10 is the hardest to lose so my plan is to eat CLEAN, do cardio 5-6 times a week, and weights 3 times, plus yoga/meditation as much as possible. I'm feeling so much better already, having lost over 15 lbs. I did situps tonight, and no it's not an 8 pack, but jeeze... who's tummy is that? I gained so much in my stomach and I'm so PROUD that I don't have that muffin deal going on anymore. Since I'm a former volleyball player/athlete, I found some Gabby Reece dvds and found her exercise plans at gogabby.com. I have a young boy, she now has two children and has figured out some quick effective routines that I like. Tonight I did 25-30 min of combined jump roping, situps, pushups, lunges, etc that burned some serious fat I'm sure. I'm going to split upper body and lower body but I'll start lifting heavier. As one gets older it's easier to appreciate what weight lifting can do, toning that cardio can't. So here we go, 10 more lbs, 5 in each spurt, to be swimsuit ready this summer - I wasn't LAST.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/210/207

Height: 5'10"

Well done! Keep up the hard work. I like the variety that you are incorporating into your routine to keep from getting bored with it. I think that's the key to sticking with it in the long term.

I'm new here too btw.
Nancy CA is offline   Reply With Quote