Old 02-25-2008, 08:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Feb 25-March 2 Losers and Friends

WOW!! Where is everybody? Here's to an amazing week!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #2  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Kim and all you lurkers....I know you are out there Haven't posted since sometime last week. Things have just been crazy! Don't have an official WI for last week either. I've been avoiding the COD. DH got off yesterday for South Korea. Haven't heard from him yet but it is about 11:30pm there. DD and I went out to eat and to a movie yesterday at the Brew and View (kinda a dinner theatre place) to pass the time. Saw Enchanted for $3 and ate too much but the greek quesadilla was yummy Did okay for dinner last night and I'm trying to get in extra water today.

Oh well, better run. I've got tons to do at work. Hope everyone has a great day!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #3  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

Still here! =) Just at school.....developing film. Yay, photography class? I've gotta run back there, though...I need to finish up the processing. =) Will post later soon!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:32 AM   #4  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

Thank you, Barbara You are so right. I do need to figure out why I am not taking this seriously. I am such a stress eater.....and there has been a bit of stress here since the holidays I am going to be good today, and I think I may try being good with WW. I am going to give it two weeks......and then I may or may not go back to LAWL. I am worried that I won't get my veggies in with WW.......but I am going to try to apply my standards from LAWL and go with it. So much of my struggle is with planning meals and snacks for my family. That is my job. That is what I do. I am a 50's wife . I am thinking I may have a bit more freedom with WW.........the question is.........can I handle all that freedom??!!??!! We will see. Anyway.......I appreciate your thoughts on this......I know you know where I am, and I am so glad to know it IS possible to move from this mindset. That is the ultimate battle, isn't it?........changing our minds?

Thank you to everyone else for your cheers and support. I hate to be negative on these boards, cuz so many of you are doing soooo well........but let this be the example to all of you who lurk when you are not doing so well, instead of posting. Post away.........reach out NOW, before it gets out of hand. We all have times like this........and everyone here wants to help So thank you my friends You truly are the best!!!!

Katie.....don't you go lurking again.......I need you........we all do. Together, we can do this

Ok, time to go wake the beast, oops, I mean DD......she has late start school, and she still has trouble getting up..........

Also.....I am going to go WI now......and I can deal with whatever the evil evil sclae says......and I am going to post it in the Feb WI thread....and I am going to change my tickers....with no shame......no guilt......and a whole lot of hope and energy for a positive change........starting RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Have a great day everyone
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:36 AM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good job Nicole, you ROCK! Thanks for all of your optimism this morning. I too have made a bit of a change. I am going to calorie count for a while and see how I do. I already logged my breakfast on fitday. I really can do this. I just need to find some focus!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning everyone!

Well I’m down 2lbs from lastweek but I was at 151.6lbs yesterday and I’m at 153lbs today. I hate Mondays!. Anyway I’m going to chug the water today and I’ll be back to 151. whatever tomorrow, hopefully! I wont stress about it tho because losing 2lbs in 1 week is great.

Katy – hope you hear from you DH soon, geez it would drive me nuts if DH was away and if I didn’t hear from him i would be going crazy but I’m not used to being away from him so that could be why. Anyway get back on track, you can do this. I’m amazed at how much you’ve lost already.

Starofsorrow – I took photography in college, course 1 & I loved it. I loved taking all the pics and then developing them. I wish I were able to do things like that now but I barely have time to eat sometimes. I had so much fun with that class and it’s the only one I wished were longer.

Nicole – Whichever plan you choose I wish you GL. Let us know how WI goes.

Katie

Hope everyone has a POP day.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

I am here. In the same slump as everyone else. Today I recommit with extra passion and dedication. I leave on March 7 for China and want to be down at least a little so I can have some wiggle room while traveling.
I have got to get back to writing everything down and measuring and not eating hoagies and not ordering clam chowder and eating some veggies. Well, you get the picture. I have been hopeless for the last week and the scale is tattling my sins to the world. On the plus side I still fit my size 12 pants! Every time I put them on I dance a little. Now, if I could just get rid of the layer of fat on my tummy life would be good.
Good luck this week,
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:00 AM   #8  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

Debbie - Yeah, I love it, too, but the time limits that the professor placed on us are hetic! I usually like the class, but this semester won't be so fun since I have to include people in my projects, and they're notoriously difficult to convince to work with me! =(

Hopefully I can just pass this semester. =)

Good luck, everyone!!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:01 AM   #9  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, everyone!

Hi, Kim. Thanks for the motivation! I know this will be a great week.

Katy, greek quesadilla ... yummy! What's in that?

stars, photography class sounds fun! I like to take pics, but I don't have "the eye." I have a close friend who is so great at it -- anything she takes is artistic.

Nicole, good for you! Your positive attitude will inspire all of us!

Katie, you can do it! I remember the adorable red size 5s you were wearing in your old avatar. I KNOW you can do this! Besides, you inspire all of us!

As for me, I was up a pound when I WI this morning, but haven't adjusted my tickers. I'm sure it's from the heavier clothes I had on (plus I had some high sodium foods yesterday -- so I'm positive I'm retaining some water). If it sticks when I WI Weds., I'll update.

I get lectured for not getting in all of my starches and fruits ... I was short one of each. I am getting better, though! I'll keep trying!

To everyone who hasn't yet posted, good morning!

Let's all have POP days!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #10  
Back in the saddle!

sorry, Debbie and Tuesday! Didn't see you on there. Hello!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #11  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning all!!

Just enough time here to say hi before I hit the road.. I'll be in the tiny town of Portales, NM for the next few days at the NM Agriculture Expo... Should be fun as it always is...

Having REALLY REALLY bad gas pains this morning and I'm not sure why.. We had veggies last night with dinner, but I don't see why they would be affecting me so badly this morning.. OWWWW!!!

Tuesday.. Have fun in China!! How exciting that must be.. A word of caution however regarding staying on diet...

There was a story out a couple weeks ago about how the United States Olympic Team was having to bring their own food with them. This is due to the fact that the Chinese use a lot of growth hormones in their chicken so they can feed more people with it.. But as a result, there was a real fear that the huge amounts of growth hormone would cause the athlete's drug tests to come back positive..

Not sure how much, if at all, the growth hormones in the chicken will affect weight loss or even maintenance, but I just thought I'd put it out there.. Sorry to be a downer this morning..

Talk to you all soon!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #12  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Hello all.

Like a lot of the old timers I have gotten so lax in sticking to my plan. I am officially blaming it on the winter weather and believe it will get better or easier to focus when spring time gets here. It has gotten hard for me to find the veggies that I need to stay on plan. It is also just easier to grab what is available.

Update on the Log Cabin Project. It is driving me crazy. The "septic tank people" are putting me off. There is some kind of mix up with them and the required engineer that designed the pad in the middle of my husbands sawmill. But its only time right? 3 weeks I have been waiting on them them to put it in. Good thing I haven't committed to any deadlines. I haven't ordered my logs yet, cause what if the septic tank goes belly up? This is probably another reason why it is hard for me to stick to plan, stress eating.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #13  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Good Morning!

I think it's great that we all have this forum to share our ups and downs, and get positive feedback from people who actually understand what we go through.

I was down 1 lb this morning. I just hope I can hold on to it. I have a 4 day business trip this week (Wed-Sat), so my food will be all take-out. Hopefully, I can find good choices. I plan on getting my fruits for the day from the breakfast buffet, so I can have good snacks with me at my meetings.

Later-
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:49 AM   #14  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Amy......good to see you, girl!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Nicole and Katie, If switching plans keeps you motivated and trying, then it is a good thing. Since I think staying motivated to try is the big deal, not the actual plan. WW is a good plan. Counting calories is a good plan too. I just meant to say that being motivated makes all the difference, and I've been feeling that slipping myself lately, so I need to refocus myself too. As there are times when I'm super motivated and times when potato chips literally call to me...

This weekend was not a POP one. Ripping up tile is hard work and I got so tired and sore and worn out that I didn't go to the store so there were no good choices to be had, so we ate what was there. I finally dragged my tired self to the store last night, so today I'm determined to get back on track. Although tonight I have to go home and actually lay the new tile (we got it all cut out and ready to go so just glueing it down won't be so hard I hope). Tomorrow is my company ski trip. So between tiling and skiing, by Wednesday I hope I can still move around somewhat. I'm already so sore.

Oh well, back to my continuous process of reminding myself what I need to do to keep my weight down, and getting back on board with that.

Paula, good job on the weight loss. You've really been doing great lately!

Amy, at least try to get your veggies in even when you are stressed! You have to keep yourself healthy!

Tuesday, China sounds so fascinating. If you have a few on plan days before you go, at least you will start out feeling healthy and great. I'm glad that the size 12's still make you smile! Isn't that a great feeling?
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote