Old 02-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #1  

Default How much exercise are you doing?

I know everyone will exercise for the amount of time right for them...but I was wondering what others are doing for exercise and how much time a week you spend working out??
1Fitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:48 AM   #2  
The Last 10lbs!

I do my mini stepper for half an hour 3 days a week and 20-30 minutes of pilates 3 days a week (alternating) and then have one day off. Sometimes on pilates day I'll jump on the stepper for ten minutes or so, it depends if I am 'in the zone' or not or what I am eating that day! I also walk to school 30 minutes each way four days a week, but because I don't break much of a sweat, I don't count that towards APs or anything.

I know a lot of people work out a lot more than I do and for longer periods of time, and they also do more of a variety of things, but for a student on a budget, it is working quite well for me I think. I can certainly see and feel the definition in my legs and I can feel a bit of a bicep in my arm now too!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:33 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I walk every day for 20 mins to an hour (depending). I also do weights 3-7 times per week (depending on how lazy I'm feeling).

I do think exercise is important and I'd recommend fitting some exercise in if you haven't already.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #4  
oakgiraffes

S/C/G: 250/181/140

Height: 5'5"

I walk 7-10 miles 6 days a week. Which takes me an hour and 45 minutes. I ride a bike 6 days a week, which takes me a 1/2 hour. I lift weights 3 days a week. Which takes 30 minutes. I take a water aerobics class one night a week, which is an hour long.

I have lost 70lbs. in a year's time by working out and have kept the weight off for 15 months.

Annie
oakgiraffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I wish I could find the time/space for exercise. Currently, my job is so demanding, I'm actually not allowed to leave my desk for a break without asking permission off of 3 different people.

My home is too small for any of those treadmills or ellipticals as well

The only exercise I get is hula hooping during the warmer months. When its not raining. Which means "hardly ever" in the UK :P

I cant afford to join a gym or buy any equipment, and I've been told off for walking long distances because I have a discoid meniscus in both of my knees. I have still been losing a pound a week though, and once I have my driving license, I'll join a gym or something to tone up! ^_^
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:39 PM   #6  

i wish i exercised every day but i don't. my "excuse" is a combination of not having time/opportunity to, and just being plain old lazy. i'm a member at Curves but it's pretty random how often i go. somtimes i do yoga or aerobics at home. it's too cold here to go for a walk, although i plan to once the weather eases up. at most i exercise for 30 minutes 4 days a week. and that's on a good week.
countrygirl7902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

I do some kind of exercise about 5x per week, ranging from 30-90 mins over the course of the day. I don't have a gym membership so my activities range from walking and jogging outside to doing cardio and yoga and strength training in my living room.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl7902 View Post
i wish i exercised every day but i don't. my "excuse" is a combination of not having time/opportunity to, and just being plain old lazy. i'm a member at Curves but it's pretty random how often i go. somtimes i do yoga or aerobics at home. it's too cold here to go for a walk, although i plan to once the weather eases up. at most i exercise for 30 minutes 4 days a week. and that's on a good week.
One thing I'd say is that I know we have all our own battles and there have been months where I've gone with very sporadic workouts. Not my best. Although, I don't really believe the "it's too cold to walk" thing for myself. I've gone out when its been in the single digits. Although It doesn't get below 0 here and if it did, I may think differently

Oh also what is really cutting into my exercise time are the longer days. I was walking twice a day before the time change. Now that it is getting lighter later, I am starting to consider a second walk in the evenings. Summer does make me more active than winter though where I feel a bit sluggish.

Last edited by nelie; 02-24-2008 at 03:09 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #9  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

I workout four mornings per week and one night a week I line dance for three hours straight. Now that I'm halfway toward goal I'm finding that the AP points I'm earning are starting to decrease as my weight decreases. I'm kind of bummed and starting to feel a bit restricted I'm not giving up because I need to keep going, but it's definately distracting!
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #10  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

I was doing 3 times a week....but now I am aiming for 4 to 5 times a week because that is the number you are suppossed to do for weight loss....I just use my apartment's gym..but it SUCKS! haha...so I am thinking about getting a real gym membership

and when I work out I usually do 30 minutes, alternating between treadmill, elliptical, and the bike machine
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #11  

None, since June I am so unmotivated even though I "know" my losses will be bigger and better for my body. I need a major PUSH!
PorkChopNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:06 PM   #12  
Made of Starstuff

I've been working on doing some form of exercise every single day. Usually 30+ minutes. I have a yoga dvd, a richard simmons dvd (Hee hee, i laugh, but i love it), and I work out on the treadmill after work at the building.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:33 AM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Actually, Faerie, how is Richard Simmons? I think it has potential to be so cheesy that it's fun. I was thinking about that the other day (nevermind the fact I couldn't remember his name and kept thinking "Richard Gere") and was hoping someone would bring him up (so I didn't have to start a thread titled, "Anyone try Richard Gere?"). Is it easy/difficult? Long/short? Fun? doable? I'm thinking about Netflixing one....
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:51 AM   #14  
Made of Starstuff

Suite - I have the Richard Simmons SuperSweatin' Party Off the Pounds. It's got a lot of 80's songs on it. It's SOOOOOOO super uber cheesy, but I think that's a huge part of the appeal to me.

The "theme" (oh yeah.. there's a theme) is that everyone's at a mall and they visit different shops for different work outs. ^^

I must say that one thing I truly love about the DVD is there's a mix of many sized people. A broad range. And there are a few people who are SO professional dancers or something. (This one guy in a green jacket & jeans is someone I'd totally be friends with IRL I swear. Just watching him move around is fun for me. Keeps me going.)

Here's the thing about Richard Simmons, he doesn't really prompt for his aerobics, so you kind of have to watch a section once before attempting it. It's kind of moving/dancing. After a few times, I was able to get it (mostly) down. And I'm not coordinated by any means. It definitely works up a good sweat. It's not for people who are used to a lot of exercise or anything, because the moves probably won't do much for them. However, I'm a pretty beginner type person at exercise, so it works for me!

It's easy to skip sections so that you work out for the amount of time you'd like to. I believe the entire tape is 60 minutes long, if you were to follow it through.

I usually pop it in when I'm getting a little bored with my usual routine. ("I'm bored, but I need to work out... cheesy Richard Simmons to the rescue!")

I'd recommend Netflixing one, most definitely. It can't hurt to give him a try But I must warn that even though my fiancé has watched my yoga & treadmilling, I outright refuse to allow him to be near me when I'm doing Richard Simmons. It's the type of thing that I enjoy doing when no one is watching! >_> You probably will feel silly doing his moves, but again... that's all part of the fun!

Last edited by Lovely; 02-25-2008 at 07:56 AM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #15  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

I love Richard Simmons! He totally relates to people who need to lose weight. He's fun and uplifting. Shoot, I didn't even know he had a new(er) 80s video. I'm going to have to rent it, buy it or something! LOL

I have a Nintendo version of Dance Dance Revolution. I should try one of the harder ones tonite just for fun! You guys are motivating me to change it up a bit.
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote