General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-23-2008, 10:18 PM   #1  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Angry Whine!

This post exists for no other reason than for me to let out a big ol' WHINE over being sick--in bed--since Wednesday night.

I got that little tickle in my throat and a wee sniffle on Tuesday and decided I could take some DayQuil and power through it, worked really hard all day Tuesday and Wednesday and now haven't left bed since.

My husband says that's what I get for not taking it easy the instant I felt it coming on. Hmph!

I'm crabby. A very bad patient. And I've gone through two boxes of Kleenex (and I'm one of those who uses all four corners of my tissues before tossing 'em too) and a bottle and a half of NyQuil.

*stomp* *pout*

So, I'm just here to whine.

That is all.

(Don't mind me. I'm usually quite pleasant.)
Cheers,
full of grace
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:48 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Whine away! I just hope that you feel better soon
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:54 AM   #3  
blissfully gluten-free

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Whine away! I just hope that you feel better soon
Thanks, Faerie! The whine must've helped... I woke up after my last big sleep and had a surge of energy (and a bit of appetite back). Trying not to overdo it, but it's just so nice to have even an hour or two of "me" back.

*sigh*

Yeah, I know, I know... slow and steady.

Thanks!

full of grace
Old 02-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

I started getting sick on Wednesday sucked it up and got through Thursday and woke up Friday all congested and horrible feeling which was the first of my three days off. I've slept a total of about 24 hours so far alone including Friday and Saturday night and my naps. I do feel a lot better already today but it sucks to spend my weekend off like this! Glad you're feeling better!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm thinking of tying a tissue to the end of my nose. Last night I was happily reading a book when all of a sudden I started sneezing. It's pretty much gone down hill from there. I'd like a nap.

Tis the season!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:03 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Tis the season indeed! I thought I was over that tickle in my throat and the stuffy head, but it seems that the congestion just won't quite leave yet. And worse yet, when I try to exercise, my nose starts running and won't quit. If I just sit still, I can't breathe worth a darn. ?!?!?

Hey everyone, let's have some virtual soup and we'll all be better in no time.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:26 PM   #7  
blissfully gluten-free

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebritbrat17 View Post
I started getting sick on Wednesday sucked it up and got through Thursday and woke up Friday all congested and horrible feeling which was the first of my three days off. I've slept a total of about 24 hours so far alone including Friday and Saturday night and my naps. I do feel a lot better already today but it sucks to spend my weekend off like this! Glad you're feeling better!
Hope you're feeling better already! I did my little spurt of work after the update I posted above and then went back to bed for another six hours. Baby steps. Baby steps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
I'm thinking of tying a tissue to the end of my nose.
Sad, of course, but hilarious!!! I'm so sorry you're not feeling well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melekalikimaka View Post
Hey everyone, let's have some virtual soup and we'll all be better in no time.
I had some of the real thing, yesterday. Can't do good ol' fashioned matzoh ball soup due to the wheat gluten, but I still manage to get some Jerry's Famous Deli chicken-and-rice soup when I get sick and that stuff really can cure almost anything.

While I'm glad I'm not alone in my misery (need to whine), I hope we're all on the mend and gonna all knock this thing out soon and have a healthy rest of the year!!!

Cheers,
full of grace