Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-21-2008, 06:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default Does anyone do the advance home weight training videos?

Does anyone do the advance home weight training videos? I'm getting back into the swing of exercising.

I have Amy Bento, Cathe, and Jari Love's dvd's, bought a barbell and some weights yesterday and I'm ready to go.

Before I was using books but I'm thinking these dvds might work out better as I'm a visual person and I'll be able to watch the form of the instructors, and learn that way.

I have other dvd's like Kathy Smith but I find them quite boring.

Does anyone else just use the dvds and do their weight training at home this way?

I don't know why I was progressing last year, I loved weight training, just got out of the swing of it all... now I've revved up with cardio and I want to do strength again on a regular basis - for life this time around. I'm nearing 40 and cardio works for weight loss but not for what I want...
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:22 AM   #2  

I went to the gogabby website and bought several dvds tonight by Gabrielle Reece, the woman I wish I could become. I am build sort of like her, I'm a former volleyball player and I'm thinking I just might follow her program. I was whining on this site months ago about my broad shoulders and people reminded me of HER, since then she's made her own dvds!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #3  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Hi Horsey!

I don't really have any experience with DVDs but I can see how it could be helpful studying form during a home workout. Since you have also studied form through some of the books you will be able to view the videos with a bit of an enlightened "eye" as well.

Let us know what you think of the videos after you have had a few workouts with them. Good luck and nice to see you back in the groove of lifting.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #4  

Truth is I already know form, I'm just a bit rusty and needing motivation. Except I don't know what to do with that barbell, and I'm learning. I seem to like to mix it up.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/221/160

Height: 5' 7"

I have 4 of the Jari Love DVD's and try to do a different one 3x a week. they are really good! I have only heard good things about them.
Parveen is offline   Reply With Quote