Old 02-19-2008, 11:16 AM   #1  

Default Calories % and Fitday

I think i might be putting to much thought into all this? But here it goes. Alot of time's when i add up my point's(18) Vs my calories for the day at time it is rather low,( something just does not seem right to me?) Example today my menu will be,

B,
1/2 c egg beaters = 1pt
1 slice 100% whole wheat toast = 1pt
1 med apple = 2pt's

L,
3oz's baked chicken breast =3pt's
2 c green beans =0pt's

D,
5oz's baked salmon = 6pt's (my favorite i could eat it every night )
1 veggie salad = 0pt's
sweet potato = 3pt't

S,
98% ff popcorn=2pt's

come's out to 18 pt's and look's healthy to me but on my fitday it come's out to 740 calories this does not seem like it would be to healthy at this low? my % come out to F 23%, Cal 42% and P 35% i am trying get as close to the 30/30/40 % as i can. Or am i just putting to much thought into all this?
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Interesting question... I look forward to the 'experts' answering this one!
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #3  

I guess i'm a little confused because according to ww 18 pt's = 1050 calories. But someday's like yesterday, even though i ate my 18pt's it came out to over 1100 calories. It just seem's like some day's i'm way over or i'm way under. This is were i guess i get confused.
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:43 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Well, you eat different foods from day to day. And those different foods have different ratios of cal/fat/fiber. Which will result in higher or lower levels of cals for the same number of points. Right? So that should make sense. Also remember WW counts veg as 0 points, but that's not because veggies have no calories, just so few that they don't want to discourage us from eating them when they'd be a pain to keep track of. Or something like that. Same with some other "0-point" foods -- they actually do have cals so you'll see an impact on fitday but not with your points.

As for your other question, remember that 18 is your BASE TARGET. You should be going over this into your FPs on a regular basis, right? So if you're adding 5pts/day (if you spread them evenly), that's approximately an extra 250 cals (because I think I read someplace that 1pt is approximately 50 cals... correct me if I'm wrong!).

So right now I have 27 pts, which by the 50 cal estimate would put me at about 1300/day at my base target level. I just stuck my day into FitDay and yes, that's what comes out. Now considering I weigh over 200lbs that may seem low, but I eat the majority of my Flex Points throughout the week and therefore average closer to 1500/day.

I don't know if any of this helps... I'm kind of just making stuff up as I go and making guesses. I hope someone more informed than me comes along!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #5  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Excellent thread idea! I've often wondered how many calories I'm actually getting in my 27Points per day. Of course, I've never actually gone to the trouble of putting my day into FitDay, either... maybe I'm lazy?

By the way, CUTE new avatar, suitejudyblueeyes!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:08 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks! It's not much of a change since it's from the same day my old one was, but it's a change.

I tend not to worry about cals either... I'm focused on points. I just trust the system to work for me and it has been so far!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:20 AM   #7  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

There are a few things about the menu listed by the original poster:
1. An apple is only 1 point, not 2
2. The 8 healthy guidelines are not being met by this day (where is the dairy and oil?)
3. Your flex points are there for you to use!
4. What about activity?

Yes, I would say that the day listed does not look as healthy as it could. Why not try adding some of those flex points and meeting the 8 healthy guidelines?
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote