Old 02-19-2008, 07:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Default 30 Something Chat: Tuesday, February 19th

Good Morning Fellow Chicksters

I'm starting out this morning feeling good. This is the first morning in months that I've gotten my buns out of bed to exercise before getting the kids up and off to school. I biked 8 miles and feel pumped up. Time to go shower. Hope that everyone has a good day.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

wooohooo...good job joan.

DaDuck- wanted to welcome you...last night i was too tired to respond to anyone...sorry. I guess it must be hard to one of the few overwt. But that's what we are here for...support. Glad you joined us.

Someone said yesterday ( think it was CC) about how lately they keep having to say hang in there about my job. Well my job has been frustrating lately. Its been hard to adjust to the new place. I came from a clinic that 95% of the employees loved to work...had great work ethics and had a great time working. It was a wonderful environment. i had a great boss, wonderful techs that worked with me. Now at the new place, i'm having to deal with a lot of people that don't want to work (not all but some)....and crapy work ethics. I'm also dealing with another dr who has a crappy additude. So its so hard some days, because all i really want to do is work and help the critters. But half the time i feel like i'm the only one doing anything. I figure i'll give this job a year or so...and if i don't see an improvement, i'll move on. The problem is i know a lot of vets in this area don't do high quality medicine...but my clinic does. Now don't get me wrong..i'm happy i moved to Atlanta...so much to do here...but i really do miss my previous job. Oh well...sorry just had to vent. I have a run of 7 straight days working..and i'm only on day 4....but i do have a 3 day weekend. So i just have to hang in there. Can't wait until the weekend.

hope everyone has a good day.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:30 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Hey all..

Patricia that was me that said that...it just seems that you are so unhappy there b/c of the staff...I think that sucks. You seem to be a great, caring doc. I'm glad you would consider leaving if it doesn't get better, honestly, if you're at work so many hours/day and so many days/week, it's going to affect your life, and I think it's a shame you have all that crap to deal with. Just hoping things will work out for you, sweetie

Joan...up early, eh? Hey, howlong does it take you to do 8 miles on the bike?? I would really love to get one, don't think DH will go for it, it's a space issue. We already have a treadmill, and as for biking, he loves to ride outside. I however, don't. lol How was your palydate yesterday??

Hanna..hope you guys are feeling better. Didn't Sean have it last week? Those darn kids always get us sick, you know?? Glad you had a great time onSat....wish you were my neighbor!!

Lauren,, how's your mom? Mine is having kidney stones removed on Friday...she can't wait! Oh, I forgot I think I only told you 10 miles last week, forgot I di two on Sat as well for a total of 12 If you can add it next week, that would be cool...sorry

Lisa..HEY!!! Good for you for getting tough with the associate. I can't understand when people don't do what's expected of them, but expect to be paid. Hope you have a good day today.

Did my tread this AM...already got Frankie on the bus, had breakfast, and gotta go get Cadence dressed now for preschool. Gonna hit the party store for some favors...her party is on the 1st. Also, need to cut out 16 guitar shaped out of foam board for a craft...decorating their own guitars. My friend is an event planner, she gives me some really great ideas, and she came up with that. Also, have 20 cookie favors to make for an order, so I'll get those done today to deliver Thurs. Pretty busy day today!

I'll check in later, hope everyone has a super day!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #4  
Julia

S/C/G: 206/162/150

Height: 5'1"

Sorry I missed everyone yesterday! I am SORE this morning! Mainly my arms and shoulders etc. I have never done much with exercise so my body is complaining LOUDLY! But, I feel really good. I swore I noticed a difference in my breathing last night laying in bed... weird?

My big problem now is energy. I am really tired all of the time. Granted work, DH and three kids on top of trying to exercise my butt off (literally!) But I am starting to wonder if it is something that is missing from my diet causing this or if I'm not eating enough calories or something. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?

I have my first consultation with the personal trainer at the gym this evening. I decided to do no exercise this morning just in case he decides to kick my butt tonight! I plan to ask lots of questions about my energy issues.

Having some issues with my oldest DD. She is 16 going on 30 and driving me batty

Joan - Congrats! I always start my day off better when I exercise first thing!

GG - Hang in there! I hope things get better soon! I've worked in negative work environments and they can be so draining.

Pam - Have a great day! I love being busy!
beachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:09 AM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Mornin everyone!

Pam, the HM stuff is everywhere, every time I see it I think of you guys. At Dillards (i think) there was a guitar purse, I thought it was so pretty. Have you built the stage yet? BTW, wanted to tell you the cupcakes were very pretty, they looked good on the stand, have you heard anything back from the lady?

GG, I saw that someone from work commented on you looking slimmer. Congrats! Have you taken measurements again?

Hey Joan. Good for you for getting up early! I think you'll have me beat for the week already, lol. Oh yes ma'm I did see P&P. The lake scene was very sexy, no? LOL. BTW, I don't care for the minimizers myself. Why would I want to flatten them? There seems to be alot of minimizers to for plus sizes.

Hanna, you're right people seem to let their sick kids go everywhere or anywhere when they should be keeping it at home. I couldn't believe how sick that little girl was when she came over my house the other day. I agree with Pam, I want to be your neighbor too! Have a great day.

Hello everyone else!

Everyone has finally gone back to school. I feel like I have so much housework to get caught up on. Laundry and mopping.

My leg is finally starting to feel better. Funny because I thought walking would be easier on me, it is for the most part. I think I over did it at first.

Okay hope you all have a good one! Talk later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:11 AM   #6  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey beach momma, we were posting at the same time! Good luck tonight with the PT! I don't know about the energy. Do you take any supplements? I understand about DD, mine is 13 going on 21. Have a good day!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:35 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

MOrnin' All!

It's soo windy here today! But I'm not complaining because it's supposed to be 43* today and it's really sunny! Took #2 to the Neuro this AM...apparently for now at least, he's just a "quirky" personality. I told the doc that it's funny he used that terminology because the director at my daycare said the same thing! Have to take him back in Aug/Sep.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Morning all! Doing good today. Woke up hurting every where- for no reason, well... except for Rheumatoid arthritis.
I got a Treadmill yesterday. It is a bittersweet story. The former department provider administrator for the Peds group that I code for lost her husband to drowning back in November. It was his treadmill. She knew I was looking for one and offered it to me for free. It is a really nice one. Bless her heart.
So now I can walk on my porch and not worry about slipping and falling on ice. Yay!
I made some oatmeal bars and they are Goooood! I had one for breakfast. It's like a bowl of oatmeal without the bowl. I think I will add some crazins and apples next time.

So I guess I will be logging miles now? What do I need to do for that Lauren?
Thanks.

Talk to ya laters!
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

GG ~ It's obvious that you have a really strong work ethic. It's got to be frustrating when you around others all day long that couldn't care less. I am *so* impressed that you're able to find the time and energy to work out these days after working day after day. 7 days straight would be tough.

Pam ~ the foam guitars is a great idea! I cut out horses for Annie's birthday back in October. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought all kinds of funky stuff for the girls to use for decorating. Will you have 16 kids at the party and will you have some other mom's helping out? That's a lot. Good luck!!

It took me 34 minutes this morning to bike 8 miles. I am able to move a little faster in the evening. It just feels so good to start out with exercise. Room for the bike was an issue here too. However, my Gazelle broke so that made room for the bike. Playdates went great, thanks for asking.

Beachmomma ~ It's not weird to notice a difference in your breathing. I can always tell an immediate different in my sleep also. I sleep so much better these days. Regarding your feeling so tired... you might not be getting in enough calories in your daily diet. I'd consider taking a multi-vitamin too if you're aren't already. Good luck with the 16 year old! They know everything right LOL.

Alicia ~ how are the kids? Did DD have an ear or sinus infection? I love the lake scene! He comes out changed; in appearance and in attitude. You never ever see him smile before that scene. Sort of like a rewakening. Ok, Ok, enough... I promise not to go on and on:-). Glad to hear that your leg is doing better.

Mornin' Danger ~ loved the pictures and had to laugh at "Dangerboy!" What a name to live up to:-). That is great to hear that you now have a treadmill. Sad to read about the former owner's drowning though.

I need to run some errands (return the "flatteners" as my DH called the new bras). I told DD that I'd take her to McDonalds today for a treat. No great temptation there except I do like their fish sandwiches. Oh yeah, and fries... My first book club meeting is tomorrow night and I'm feeling a little nervous. I made up some fliers and handed them out to 10 or so people. I gave a copy to the school secretary and she told me this morning that a lot of people have expressed an interest in coming. Who knows how many will actually show but I'd rather have it smaller than larger. I need to make a run to T.J.'s for wine, cheese, fruit, etc., etc...

Talk to everyone later ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!

Joan what a great way to start your day!!!

Lauren if I am not wrong I think you posted today on yesterdays thread, I am glad the neuro said for now everything looks good, I hope it stays that way...

GG You have to keep your mental well being, can you find something you can do when you take a break you really enjoy? something to look forward to while at work, it is so sad, how some people can change the environment w/negative attitude you can change it I am sure to a positive place, you are always so energetic! Hope everything works out.

Pam and Alicia thank you for the complements! you guys are all great too! I would love to get to meet you guys! Pam what a great idea for the party! and keep us posted on your mom! I will say a prayer for her on Friday!

Julia raising 16 yrs old girls these days can't be easy! there is so much influences and peer pressures. You have to stick to your morals and values, this country needs that desperately!!!

Danger breakfast sounds yummoo!!!

Well today was I predicted Dh is worst than yesterday, he was trying to go to work and find a great excuse to do so, but just couldn't~ I am glad he stayed home, he is in bad shape. We had to keep Sean home today, he was not doing well when he woke up, like he wasn't there, I already placed a call to the doctors I am so terrible worried about him. I am not feeling to good either, my throat is all raspy and I feel Yuki but I have to take care of my family! I already did some laundry today, I had to change the sheets again even thought I just did on Sat. but being that we are all feeling sick it is better to just change them and have a crisp clean bed. I am going to lay on the couch for a while today and just knit and chill. I have a couple of books to read too, but for some reason I just can't concentrate!

Talk to you all later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Joan we were posting at the same time, what book did you read? I am sure your meeting will be great!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #12  
KAR

Hi All,
Sounds like everyone is having a great start to the day. I am feeling better today. I still have a snotty nose and hacking cough, but it is a little bit better from yesterday. I went home and took a nap yesterday and put a hot pack on my face. That seem to help relieve some of the pressure. So I am doing that off and on here at school today. My kids thought it was funny at first when I put it on my forehead while sitting at my desk. But they were like wow your voice sounds different now after I had it on there for a few minutes. I have TOPS tonight. So it should be interesting after not being there for two weeks due to the weather. Hoping for a loss.
Hanna how is Sean and your dh feeling? Hope you don't end up with it. Sounds like your party was a success.
Alicia glad you got your house back to yourself for the day. So what did you find out at the dr's yesterday?
GG that was a nice comment from your co-worker. See all that hard work is paying off. Keep it up!
Pam hope you get all your chores done for the day!
Hi to everyone else. Need to go get some work done before my kids come back from their special.
Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #13  
Magically Delicious!

S/C/G: 132kg/122/80kg

Height: 175cm

'ello everyone! Well, did a lot of walking today. Mostly "site seeing" if you can call it that after living in the area for 3 years. Did some shopping and bought a toaster, not that I eat much toast but it makes a skull and crossbones design on the bread and I am sorry, but that is just too cool!!!!

Can't do much tomorrow because I have to be home from 7:30-18:00 because they are coming to flush the pipes in our building. FUN! And if they don't come Wednesday then they will come next Tuesday. Here's hoping they come Wednesday because I don't feel like being indoors for two days! That is just nuts!

Hope everyone is having a good day. I am going to enjoy some evening tv with my swedie

/Nicci
DaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

Yup, Hanna, you're right! Duh, obviously I did not have enough this AM! I moved it over! Hope you're all feeling better soon.

Kerry, good luck at WI tonight!

Joan, "flatteners"!!

DG, How nice of that woman to give you the treadmill. How did you make the oatmeal bars? You can post the recipe up in the recipe thread stickied! Just keep track of your actual miles or count 20 minutes of exercise as 1 mile. We go Sun-Sat. Post your totals no later than Sunday AM. I try to get it posted before lunch on Sunday.

Julia, have fun with the PT tonight!

Pam, mom's doing OK right now, thank God! I think she goes to the nutritionist for bloodwork next week, or later this week, then to the surgeon again. Hope everything goes smoothly for your mom!

GG, Hope things get better for you soon! Have you put any feelers out there for different offices?
Old 02-19-2008, 01:27 PM   #15  
LBH

Nicci, it took me soo long to post, you hopped in there! Are you Swedish, or just living there? American? That is pretty cool for a toaster!