Old 02-18-2008, 03:47 AM   #1  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up Low Carb Chat: 2/18 thru 2/24

2 weeks left in February LC'ers - 5 weeks left for those of us in St. Patricks Challenges . . . How's everyone doing?

I'm w/i today for the Make A Wish Challenge at work - had a fab OP weekend with tons of great exercise @ the Y so hoping for a whooooosh.

Had a ball at the site scalm told us about - making a Virtual Me - can't wait for the VM to SHRINK some - WOW - uncannily accurate!

Also was inspired over @ Livin'LaVidaLowCarb - Jimmy Moore interviewed Kae Whang from Season 4 of TBLoser? I thought this part was really pertinent for me:

KW: "On my MySpace page, I put up my mottos, which are: Make it simple! It can be VERY overwhelming that you have to lose 30 to 100 pounds and thinking that you have to do SO much exercise and eat boring food. STOP!

Take it ONE day at a time, or even ONE moment at a time. Think about what you want to do TODAY. What is going on NOW? And the simple part is that all you have to say is, YES or NO. Will I make myself feel good and workout? YES or NO? Is that piece of food worth eating? YES or NO? If I eat it, will I work it off in the gym? YES or NO? Am I going to live my life with fullness? YES or NO? Am I happy? YES or NO?

MAKE A CHOICE and OWN IT (never regretting your decisions). Choose one or the other, do NOT go to the gray area where you start thinking too much (like I said before) and let all that negative noise will play with your mind and take up too much valuable time.

FORGIVE yourself and LET GO of the past. The more you embrace life and enjoy this journey, the more motivated you are to keep going. That is what I’ve learned--to be positive and get back on your feet if you fallen.

FOCUS on your goal, and why you are doing it. Remind yourself that YOU ARE WORTH IT, and that you DESERVE the BEST! You must love and respect yourself to live life to the fullest. Like attracts like, so if you are feeling great, great things will be attracted to you (and the same with the opposite).

YOU CHOOSE how your life is, by choosing how you are going to react to it. Don’t be a victim. It takes you no where and it only takes up valuable time. No more excuses. Just do it. And passionately know that it will come true! Be active. AND LOVE LIFE!"

She is just so kewl and looks amazing!

Almost 3am - better hit the hay . . . ttyal!

Last edited by aud; 02-18-2008 at 04:02 AM. Reason: I am unconscious
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Hello, Hello! It is 8:30 here and I just got out of bed. That never happens but I think it had something to do with the Vicoden I took last night. Muscle pain peaked last night at about eight and was zowie owie. I ended up icing my upper thighs for 20 minutes each and taking the vicoden before bed. The icing really, really helped. Seems to be better today but still pretty painful. Definitely more muscle pain than I have ever had from a new workout before.

Bambi: Be careful that you don't get sore with your new training routine. You are such a hot mama that ice won't be a option for you! Once those Ace cold packs hit your thighs they will turn into steam.

tee hee.

Aud: Glad you enjoyed the my virtual model site. I really got a kick out of it too. Thanks for putting up the motifivational items above. I'm looking for just the right bedtime positive affirmation CD right now and when I find it I'm going to do a 21 day experiment with it.

Well, I think I will go to the office today, even though we are closed. I love it when I can work on my own accounts without being interrupted (as opposed to disciplining people, working on their accounts, listening to whining, or sitting through boring uppper staff meetings).

Have a wonderful start to a great week!!!
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 174.0/162.4/135.0

Height: 5'4"

Morning all! Now that I have my traveling out of the way for a few months, I hope to be on the boards more. And to the gym more. I've been slacking off on both.

Nice to have a holiday. I know what you mean calm - I was tempted to go in to the office today to get caught up. But it's almost noon and I haven't started my laundry yet. Being out of town so much over the past 2 months, my house needs tending to as well.

Enjoy the day!
laura02169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

The girls are home from school today. They both cleaned their rooms last night so I have a ton of laundry to do today. The weather is cold and rainy and DH is moaning cause he can't go play golf.

Not much news here. I plan to hit the gym this evening. I need to focus more on eating right or I'm constantly gonna be above my goal. Exercise is good, but my eating sucks.

Aud, thanks for your insightful post. I needed it this morning cause I feel fat and bloated and feel like this journey sucks. Sorry to be a downer.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #5  

Good morning! I'm less than thrilled to be at work today! Man, I could use a holiday!
I spent the whole weekend on DD's 23rd birthday-or at least that how it feels today. She's a great person and deserves a good birthday, but it wasn't that much fun for me! Really, I took DD15 and we shopped for a while on Saturday. That was all the shopping I did for b-day presents and it was only a couple or hours-but it felt like it took my entire Saturday. But I also managed to defrost the big freezer and I found a bunch of chicken breasts that were approaching a birthday of their own, so I ended up cooking them Sat. night.
I had both DD23 and DS come for dinner on Sunday and we had shrimp. It would have been a boring weekend, but O.K. except DH decided he had to go buy shelves for the garage (after living in the house- shelveless for eight years!) so in addition to the all the regular Sunday housework and the meal for DD, I got to clean the garage to prepare for DH's stupid shelves. Our garage gets really filthy. We leave the door open a lot so leaves and dust blows in and we're nuturing about 57 different species of spiders out there. But I can't leave that kind of cleaning to DH because all he'll do is toss everything out- DD's soccer cleats, the seats for DS's car, the stuff I've put aside for Goodwill, the recycling. He doesn't care. So I spent all day Sunday going back and forth between the week's worth of laundry, the prep for the b-day, and the garage. But what really made me mad was when he got back from buying the shelves and stopped to eat lunch with one of his friends- while I killed spiders in the garage he was eating (and drinking beer). He "couldn't find" the rack I specifically asked him to buy for the brooms and mops (I saw it at Target a month ago so I'm pretty sure they have it!), but he found his shelves. When he finally got back, it was almost time for the big kids to show up, but I had to drop everything and help him assemble the stupid shelves. So now, all our cr*p is on shelves out in the garage. Does that make me feel better about the weekend. Not really!!
Sometimes it seems like I spend all week waiting for the weekend and then spend all weekend working to get ready for the week. That's my rant for today. I'll try to stop now.
SIC, I read about your workout and my legs are hurting in sympathy. Maybe you're doing a little too much? I try to avoid that kind of pain. A little bit sore is O.K., but really in pain... Be careful.
Lily, best of luck with your DD and her tests. Too bad you have such a long drive to the doctor. Just makes it even worse.
Joyce, let us know how your new system works out. Will you still eat Low Carb?
Hi to everyone else. I need to get back to work. Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Goal 150 ~ 21lbs down

Good afternoon!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful President's Day, especially you lucky ladies who have the day off while I am here slaving (ok, not really) away! On the plus side, the weather here is phenomenal. High 60's. Freaky!

I was able to read all the weekend posts, but couldn't remember my d@mned password to log in from the computer I was on to respond! Stayincalm, woman, you are hilarious! I used to do the body pump classes last summer and looooved them. I felt the same way you do afterward though (especially trying to maneuver in the bathroom the next day!).

Aud - thanks for the motivational post ! It came right in time for lunch and made me feel better about my eating over the weekend. Not completely OP and not completely off, but I WAS beating myself up over a few things.

How was everyones weekend? Mine was busy.. workworkworkwork and yesterday we had the bf's kids (diet nightmare), but I think in the grand scheme of things I came out ok. I did get my exercise in (1.67 mile run/walk) in the morning and only had a couple minor slip-ups which I will completely blame on my pre-period eating frenzy.

Back to work for me!

Have a good one all!
CrabbyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:59 PM   #7  
aud
lc lifestyle

WHERE'S OUR BEACHIE?

I'm headed for work gals . . . hope you get a lot done scalm - and hope you come up out of the funk lily! LOVE your new pic crabbyc! Wish my dh would DO ANYTHING to organize the clutter in the garage-LOL lynn! Glad you're off the road laura - WB!

CYA in the Wee Hours All!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:03 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Hey all!!!

Aud - I too love your post...it was very motivating to me. Thanks. I guess we could all stand a little a that! I think I'm gonna specifically remind myself of the "Make a Choice and Own It" motto.

SIC - LOL! You are terrible!!!! I'll never be that sore...wink..wink!!

Lynnar - Yes, I will still continue to low-carb it...how the diet part of the system goes is that you eat low carb day 1; day 2; up your carbs; day 3 low carbs and so on...it's supposed to trick your body and keep your body out of starvation mode with all the increased exercise and fat burning/heart elevating supplements.

CrabbyCakes - WOW! You look great! I see you've shrunken a bit from the last pic...way to go! Don't be too hard on yourself for little cheats here and there...they effect your weight loss efforts less with exercise. Maybe try this the next time you go off program...punish yourself with an extra 10 minutes on the track...or 50 situps or something....that's what I do, then I don't feel so guilty...I paid the price for that cookie!

Hello to everyone I missed. Well guys...this is it! I've committed to doing this "Ripped" program and I'm scared as sh*t! I smoke for one...I'm 40 for two...and I've never pushed myself this hard...I guess fear of the unknown. But, after Aud's post...I can't stop now...I've committed. Don't get me wrong...if my heart starts palputating...or I get lightheaded, etc., I'll always listen to my body and adjust accordingly...but I'm not going to give up!

I think this "Ripped System" was designed for men, but I called the company, NxCare and the rep told me it was safe for women soooo.....we'll see. I just think that alot of that fat burner crap they make "specially for woman" is just that....crap! They play on our vanity...and take our money! But then you see the buffed dudes at the gym getting lean and drinking powdered protein drinks (which, by the way I have added to my diet), pumped up with amino acids and all kinds of supplements...so I said...it must work. Guys use them to train all day long (more energy, more explosive workouts, etc.)...so I thought...why would that not work for a woman? Couldn't find an answer so I said f-it...I'm going to be the ghinny pig!

I'll check in and let everyone know how it's going...and hey...if I get cut up, I'll even post some before/after pics...I'm hoping this will cure my terminal illness of "saddlebag syndrome"! Wish me luck! Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:30 AM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I didn't make it to the gym today. I spent 7 hrs. pulling up the old linoleum and laying new ceramic tile in my laundry room and one bathroom. Still have to do the grouting part tomorrow. Damn this is hard work. DH did help this time, I'm wishing now I had paid a contractor cause my knees are sore (and it wasn't from something fun, LOL). The good news was that Home Depot had a super sale on the tile and I got it for only .68 cents per 12 inch tile. I bought 10 boxes for these 2 rooms that we're almost finished with. Will still go back and get 30 more boxes for the kitchen, the other 2 bathrooms and the foyer.

I found some really beautiful walnut colored wood laminate flooring that I plan to buy for the living room, hallway and computer room. I just have so much remodeling that I want done but we're doing a little each payday and paying cash each time.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:59 AM   #10  
banned

Lily - Wow! I've finally met another chick brave enough to just "do it yourself". Let me tell you...my last townhouse I lived in in PA...(and of course after my divorce) I remodelled the entire house literally by myself! I call it "therapy"...instead of hitting the clubs as a newly single woman..I taught myself to tile/marble, lay hardwood floors, install built-in shelves, etc.

Here's some tips on the tile job: It's really not that hard. Make sure your trowl is 1/4x1/4x1/4 with one flat end. Mix the mortar and pour. Remember the mortar will start to harden pretty quickly so...only do a square at a time (ex. 36" square). Here's a trick that I used to make sure the tile is level: Run the trowl (1/4") over the mortar and spread nice and level, literally drop the tile in place (from about 3 inches off the ground), glide the tile into place and install spacers, do the same for the adjacent tile and so on...when you've got your 36" square in place, place extra unused tile box in between the seems (partially on the tile on floor), this will add equal amount of weight...giving you a nice level finish!

It's hard to explain in writing, but I hope you got the picture! Happy remodelling. Joyce
Old 02-19-2008, 08:05 AM   #11  
banned

Lily - Oh yeah...remember to measure out the room first!! Very important...you don't want to get stuck with a teeny piece of tile at the end of the wall. Include the spacers in your measurement. The most important part of a tile job is the first piece you lay...and no room is perfectly square...so DO YOUR MEASUREMENTS!!! Also...the next biggest key to a good tile job is MAKE SURE IT'S LEVEL...the spacers will keep everything nice and evenly spaced, but make sure to not walk on the tile until 24 hours later...and clean up any mortar spills right away!

Lastly...if my advice is hard to understand...you can google tile laying. I, myself worked with marble, but there are some really nice sites with video step by step that will also greatly help...but whatever you do...DO NOT BUY THE BOOKS...they s*ck!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:08 AM   #12  
banned

Lily - On another note...you work out alot and for a long time. Have you ever considered taking these GNC stack systems? I'm trying "Ripped System" by NxCare. A little scared. It does raise your heart rate (caffeine), but I'm a caffeine hound anyway. I'm just gonna lower my liquid caffeine intake to 1 cup of coffee per day...and totally illiminate the soda while I'm on the system. What do you think? Joyce
Old 02-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Looks like Lily should be on an episode of "fix this house". We ripped up the carpet a couple of years ago and put in the laminate flooring. Best thing we ever did. I got so sick of vacuuming those carpets. I still vacuum the flooring every few days but when I see all that dander and fluff that gathers around the edges of the rooms I get grossed out remembering it was going into the carpet before. Ugh.

I have a 1:00 meeting in another city today so I'm at home until I have to leave for it. I can't face driving 25 miles to work, 40 miles to the meeting and then 40 miles back to work. Sometimes that just does not make sense.

I should tidy the house but I'm not that motivated. I can walk pretty well today but noticed that my legs are still weak going up and down stairs. I will be doing a BodyVive class tonight instead of the BodyPump class and see how that goes. TOM is supposed to land today which may account for my wish to cocoon at home before my meeting instead of going to the office and dealing. In particular my mood is such that I should not be around "tantrum boy" today. I might tweak him just so I can reprimand him and that would just be childish.

Crabby: Cute new pic!

Bambi: Groovin' on the Ripped thing. I'm not as disciplined as you! Google Adam Waters and look at his transformation blog and video. He changed his entire body in short order by cycling calories and carbs and seriously shredding the workouts. He took a photo everyday and then ran them all together into a video. It is amazing.

Where is everyone else? Hope you have a great Tuesday.

SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:51 PM   #14  

Home remodeling! What fun! DH and I are slowly replacing all the carpeting in our house. I've made the exact same comment about the "fluff" around the edges of the wood laminate. In our case the fluff is usually furry (two dogs). I had no idea how much they shed until we did the hard floors. We have wood laminate in the kitchen/dining, living and two bedrooms. (One of the bedrooms is now my office!). We did tile in the family room. We've had professionals do about half, but DH did the last few rooms himself and we ended up finishing the tile ourselves when the "professional" disappeared in the middle of the job. We still have carpet in our bedroom, DH's office and the guest room, but if we ever change it out, it'll be wood laminate. Joyce, I see where remodeling would be good therapy! I do all the painting myself, but I'd have to learn a few skills to do any more than painting!
I've been to the gym for a little time on the eliptical (no class today). They still have two elipticals that don't involve arms. They have solid rails on each side and you can prop up a book on the front. The trainer has told me (more than once) that I shouldn't read on the eliptical and she's slowly replacing the old ones with the kind of machine where your arms move too. But I love to read on the machines. It's so boring without a book. And it's such a nice break from work to go and exercise both your body and your imagination! When the trainer finally replaces those two elipticals, I may have to move to a tread mill!
Where is everyone today? Hope all is well with the missing posters. See you all later. Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:54 PM   #15  
aud
lc lifestyle

I'm toooo jealous lily & bambi!Think after all my years of heavy manual labor, I've kind of got away from the hands-on chick I "used to be." Like wth . . . I do all this all nite - why should I do it on my off time too?

Think I forgot the big sense of accomplishment I used to get from these projects . . . *scribbling projects into my To Do List*

#1) Finish painting the front porch! DH has left this 3/4 finished since September!

Didn't realize the GNC stuff had caffeine in it bambi - soooo know what you mean about the palpitations. Have had to stay away from those kind of supplements since my early 20's - caused me severe anxiety. Not sure if it was the caffeine or other ingredients, ya know? I DO know a guy who seems to be doing the "cycling" - he told me he eats for "fuel" and each break & lunch he has like a "prescribed" weighed/portion of carbs & protein - very little fat. It's like containers with EXACTLY 2 TBL of natural peanut butter with 2 slices of apple type thing.

Think I should add that he's TOTALLY RIPPED . . . just beyone RIPPED! He also blends protein drinks in.

I've added them back to my life - 1/2 LC Yogurt - Vanilla Protein Mix - crushed ice and a splash of heavy cream - YUM!

Don't think I could ever eat food for fuel or like prescription medicine like he does tho' - need that enjoyment factor.

Babbled long enuf . . . another meeting . . . another looooong a$$ nite ahead . . . making it to the gym no matter what 2nite - (heard that one b4? LOL!) Have a Great Rest of the Day LC'ers!