Old 02-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/157/130

Height: 5'7.5

Question WW compared to LA Weight Loss

Hi everyone! A co-worker is absolutely raving about WW at home. She lost 8lbs in 2 weeks. It got me thinking of trying it. I am currently signed up for LA weight loss, but I keep running out of weight loss weeks, and I have done so many of their different programs, that none of them are working anymore. The doctor says my thyroid is fine, so I am not sure why I can't seem to lose the weight. I'm thinking that using the LA lite bars are killing me with the sugar, and I would love to do a program where I can use real food. Has anyone done the LA Weight Loss or other "clinic" diets? If so, how do you compare WW with them? I really like that WW at home shows you progress charts, and gives you tons of recipes. And I definately don't like weighing in and talking to a councillor 3 times a week. What else does WW at home have that is helpful in your weight loss? And does it come with software for a Palm?Thanks.
Nikkelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #2  
Shelly

S/C/G: 124/Check Ticker/110

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I tried LA Weight Loss since a friend of mine had done it and lost a lot of weight. It just didn't work for me. I got all my foods in, but I think I got out of control with calories. WW works for me because it's more of a lifestyle than a diet. I love those commercials they have now because they are so true! I hate eating most fruits, so now I don't have to push myself to eat things I don't even want to. I love it!
beachbabe8406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/157/130

Height: 5'7.5

That's true. My doctor told me to watch my sugar, and being forced to eat 3-4 fruits a day IS alot of sugar, plus all the bars and snacks they push on you.
Nikkelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:07 PM   #4  
banned

heres my expeience. i went in fior a consult about a year ago&when they found out i was a hypo patient my only option was exchanges&i was like surely you must be joking! ww used that like 1000 years ago! that and the money they wanted up front i was like no way hose!

those bars might be killing yopu bc soy is known fior that in some folks! come on over to the w w side its much better(and cheaper& up to date on the food science!)
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 281/270/200

Height: 5'9

Hello!

WW from home is so convenient especially if you despise going to the meetings. I know a few people who have lost weight on LA Weightloss but they complained about the money they spent.
MsJoi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

WW is my choice, Because you use everyday foods. and don't have to buy all those unessacary bars and stuff, you get to eat what your family eats and at the same time teach children to eat healthy.
the saying "you are what you eat" applies to kids as well.
And it's 'MUM' that puts the food on the plate. What better time to train your kids. A trick I learned many years ago, was not to buy those chips and chocolate. and soda's when at the store. save that money( you will be surprised at how much money goes on these) and put that into fruits veges etc. I wish you the best.
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 212.6/149.6/150

Height: 5'3"

I had great success on LAWL without using the bars. On LaWL you eat real food-I cook real food all the time and eat at restaurants with real food! I love the variety of choices there-it has worked for me. I haven't ever tried WW-it has always scared me because the people I have known who have been on it make really bad choices because as they say, they can! They would use all their points by midafternoon because they were eating candy and cheeseburgers. I know this isn't what they were probably told to do in the meetings, but I felt I needed the structure of seeing someone one on one, and being held accountable to them. And I did not weigh in more than once a week after the first month or so.

As with everything, it's whatever works for you......
PJS145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 212.6/149.6/150

Height: 5'3"

And one additional note regarding the LAWL and $$-it does feel like a big investment at first, but when it was all said and done for me including my stablilization and maintainance periods, it was less the $4-$5 a week. And knowing I had plunked down that money kinda kept me motivated to keep with the program, which is very balanced and reasonable.
PJS145 is offline   Reply With Quote