Old 02-17-2008, 10:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Default Need Food Logging Advice

I need a little advice for logging points. I was subscribed to e-tools, which is very nice, but now my employer is playing Big Brother with our internet access. I'm sure it's not due to my logging points. It's other employees being bad. Anyway, we all pay for it.

To get back to my point...I was thinking of keeping paper logs. I purchased the books, so I have the reference materials, but I don't want to haul around the books everywhere. I have a Palm, but I don't think they are keen on my using my Palm either because then it looks like I am playing a video game or texting. Any thoughts on how to keep my reference materials portable and on paper?
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #2  
The Last 10lbs!

I have a tiny little book, about the size of an in-purse address book. It's easy to take with me and if I'm at home, I take it out of my purse or school bag and keep it near my desk so that it's right there staring at me. If you memorize or make a list of your common foods and their point value, then you can take that with you as well and use it throughout the day at work without hauling all your stuff around with you. Or, if you are planning your meal ahead of time, write it in the book and take it with you so that you know before you eat how many points you'll be using. I do this sometimes too, if I pack my lunch the night before and take it with me. It is really working for me, and I haven't missed a day journaling since I started using it!

Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it'll work for you I think WW has a little electronic points calculator too. Or they do here, anyway, so I imagine they would in the US too. It stores up to 7 days worth of points in it I think.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #3  

I have a WW food journal I use, created in Microsoft Word (attached). If you print on both sides (duplex), you can fold it in the middle, making a small book-like journal.
Attached Files
File Type: doc wwlog.doc (153.0 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by jaysun23; 02-20-2008 at 09:54 AM.
jaysun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #4  
JennyC

S/C/G: 164.5/160.5/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysun23 View Post
I have a WW food journal I use, created in Microsoft Word (attached). If you print on both sides (duplex), you can fold it in the middle, making a small book-like journal.
Thanks - That was great!!

It's great to have tips and tools from others, but as for myself, I just use a pretty notebook with a hard cover. I buy one that's a bit larger than the week one book (which I carry everywhere), and my slider. I elastic them together, and put it in my (over-sized) purse. That way, I have everything I need with me at all times.
jennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

If you can go to a WW meeting they will let you buy a calculator, that takes care of your daily points, also lets you know how many points in serve, and you can take it to the market and do the point calculation before you buy the product. While it does not tell you what ate for that day meat, potatoes, it does keep all your point totals. And is the best thing I have ever brought. And it's tiny, easy to keep in your bag. A lot easier than trying to keep a big slider in your bag.
Good luck
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:09 AM   #6  

I printed the tracker you made Jaysun23 thanks so much it's just what I needed!
2muchbackend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:54 AM   #7  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi Sapphire Blue - I have the same answer as everyone else - a small notebook I keep in my purse! Could you get used to jotting down what you have and then when you get a break - put it into your palm?!?!? Good Luck!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #8  
Not Yet Vintage

S/C/G: 203.8/185/135

Height: 5'6

I was so excited that I had the perfect problem solver, but everyone beat me to the punch line. Small notebook! It works wonders for me! Good luck!
Vintage Glamour is offline   Reply With Quote