Old 02-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #1  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Red face Decided---for this week...

Hi, everyone,

I went to WW last night and weighed. I gained 2.6 pounds---but have kept off 7.6. I hadn't weighed in in one month---and it was a stressful month. I posted recently about being so discouraged. I decided it could have been way worse---I was scared I gained all of my weight back plus more. And, since I can't come up with any other ideas right now, I will just decide to do WW for one week. Then I will decide again. I really think it will help. When I first started WW, it was still hard, but I did o.k.---and part of it was literally only thinking about doing it for one day. Wish me luck. I have a dinner out with my husband this Saturday---not sure how to handle that, but it is just one dinner. So, thank you so much for being there. I will keep you posted.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

One day at a time--one MEAL at a time, even....that's how you'll be successful. Look, you are ALREADY a success!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #3  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Good job keeping off almost 8 lbs. Good idea just to take it a week at a time. Small goals are the way to go!
As far as going out to dinner, the way I usually handle that is to go online and find the restaurant's menu then pick what I'm going to order ahead of time. It's nice if they have nutritional info, makes it easier, but even if they don't you can pick out the healthiest options. It's all about planning! I still go out to eat about once a week and have continued to lose weight by making the best choices I can. Good luck!
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Kathy, its great news that you haven't gained as much as you thought. WW is a great plan and can help you lose a lot of weight. But, there is nothing wrong with changing plans and mixing things up a bit from time to time. Eating out can be a bit tricky for me, so I rely heavily on pre-planning and getting my mind focused. Switzie's suggestion to look up the calories ahead of time is a great suggestion. This way, you can avoid looking at a menu and getting swayed by other calorie laden options. Also, I recommend asking the server to not bring bread, chips, etc to the table. Its too easy to "graze" on these foods and consume a lot of calories before you even get your entree. And, I usually will ask the server to bring me a to-go box when they bring my meal. I think put half of everything into the box to take home and only eat what remains on my plate. This prevents the mindless eating that often occurs when I'm already full, but my mind assumes I'm supposed to keep eating. I also stick with calorie free beverages...either a diet coke or water. I save my calories for the real stuff.

You can do this! One day at a time, right?
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:04 PM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Good for you to get back on track. Just take it one meal at a time, don't even think in terms of a whole week. There are those days where I go hour by hour LOL!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Yay for getting back on track. I too used to do WW. It's a wonderful program, I just don't think it's the one for me. I'll ditto the looking up the calories beforehand if you know where you're going. That way you won't be bombarded with the sites and smells and it's easier to stick to your guns.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote