Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #1  
Lola is Back!

S/C/G: 226/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Unhappy OK.. this is the absolute worst time of day for me

Here it is late afternoon in Ohio... 3 hours before dinner and I am wanting to binge in the worst way. Everything is calling me from the kitchen...any tips???

I haven't binged in 8 days... but I feel week!
Lola125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'6

WTG on not binging for 8 days. You don't want to mess that up. I can totally relate to what your going through. I also get the urge to binge every afternoon. I am no expert....I have given in before, but I find it helpful to just stop what I am doing and do about 25 jumping jacks and a few crunches(nothing that would require a shower). Afterwards I have a big glass of water. The exercise gets me excited again about weightloss and keeps me from binging most of the time. You could just do a brisk walk around your kitchen even, just to get the blood moving. Hang in there!!!!
iowa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:47 PM   #3  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

I want to eat most when I am BORED. So, my advice is to find something else to focus your attention on. Whether it is reading a good book, going for a walk, going shoe shopping, cleaning the bathroom....find something to do to keep you busy until dinner!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #4  
Captain Obvious

Height: 5'8

Don't do it! Go for a walk, clean, do something to get away from just grabbing food. I've been watching a lot of discovery health lately. Some of those shows like "diagnosis x" are just so intriguing and some of them WILL take away your hunger.
gastronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 383/342/170

Height: 5'9"

Get an apple or some other piece of fruit. It normally does the trick for me.
aflane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:43 PM   #6  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

i say get the heck out of the house...go shoppin. cvs and target are fun. read trashy mags instead..lie down, count to 100, breathe deeply..think if you are really hungry or just bored..i can't be home alone for too long lest i eat 4 dinners
mdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #7  

This is also my worst time of day. Good ideas to quit thinking about food.

In the best of my weightloss time, I would go outside and ride my horse every afternoon. When it got too cold to ride here, then I've stopped loosing.

I need to find another activity for the afternoons I guess till things warm up a bit.
walkinway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #8  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 169/158/130

Height: 5'6

Brush your teeth....that usually keeps me from eating, atleast until the craving passes.
niclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #9  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

It's banana time.
Brushing your teeth, as niclyn mentions, has worked well for me to stop myself when I'm craving. You feel refreshed, and let's face it, many of the foods you might snack on don't taste so great mixed with mint.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote