Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #1  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Bras that don't slip off shoulders

I don't know if I have sloping shoulders or what, but my bra straps always fall down my shoulders. Does anyone else experience this, and what type of bra is good for that?
I don't know if I can find a racer back in a daily wear bra.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

you might be wearing the wrong size!
I've gone down a few sizes since I started losing weight, and i've found that when my band size is too big, the back rides up, which causes my shoulder straps to fall down no matter how much i tighten them.
you might want to get fitted at a high end undergarment shop - not a VS or mall store but a nice private place that really specializes..

I know that i've personally gone from a 38d to a 34ddd (!!) in most styles. like other clothing though, every bra is different and fit is individual.
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #3  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I can not agree more with what Karmuz says!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

There is a workout bra you can get at walmart in a fair variety of sizes it has a back like a speedo swimsuit and does not slide off the shoulders. I use them for work. Its very annoying to fiddle with straps.
Spiritmagejkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I think my reward for reaching the 160s will be a new bra with a fitting!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

That sounds like a great idea!!

one way to tell if you're wearing the wrong band size is if you can slip two fingers behind the strap in the back and *comfortably* pull it back more than two inches. i can do that with 36s and it's weird because i have overflow in all the wrong places, which would make you think that the 36 is too SMALL, but with most 34s, that issue is completely corrected. it's just that the band is sitting in the wrong place!
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

It's definately worth it to get professionaly fitted....I was wearing the wrong size for about 5 years. I think that once you get that done it should help with the straps, and if you go to a specialty store they can recommend something if the fitting doesn't help with the slipping

Last edited by Rhighlan86; 02-13-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Where can you get a professional bra fitting done? I've had the strap-slip issue for years, drives me crazy.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:37 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

most of the major department store will fit you for a bra, so will victoria secret. And you don't have to buy anything just because they do. Also, there is a little clip that you put on the back of your bra straps, a little above the catch, that stops the problem compleatly! You can buy it in a lot of places, but I saw it in JCPenney catalog if you don't have access to any place else
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

I love the t-shirt bras at Gap Body. Even the smaller cup sizes have wide shoulder straps to help prevent slipping and digging.

I also love the features in good dresses- they have little string loops that close with tiny snaps to hold your bra straps in place under the dress straps. Ann Taylor and Nine West dresses usually have them but they would be relatively easy to add to any top.

Good luck!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:45 AM   #11  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Oh the slippage! Drives me nuts. I have been fitted, tried different styles but I still get slippage. I've recently discovered bras that cross over at the back and totally fix the problem but they don't go up to my size (I'm 18D, they go to 16D) so I am just keeping them in mind as goal bras!
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Poor posture and cheap bras have left me with slipping straps for a long time. Even when I was thin. I actually think it was worse when I was thinner.

I have never been comfortable with getting fitted. What I did was buy a good quality strapless bra. I love it.
motomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/185/115

Height: 5"3

I always used to have this problem, in part due to the slope of my shoulders from my weight as well as just general weight distribution (or maybe it was just too much for my poor shoulders to hold up!). I just switched to a great body shaper which covers my whole torso and has a built in bra, it is absurdly comfortable, skims out the bulges and no slippage! However, this could also be in large part to my much smaller shoulders which are properly sharp now instead of sloping like a hillside.
Additionally, you can get bras which criss-cross, or have straps which you can change (ie move them to criss-cross, regular, one way, or take them off). Or, you can also get a bra which snaps in the front, those usually have a lot more support in the back where the straps are because they don't have to snap and it will hold the straps in place better because of the added fabric in the back.
SugarSpunSister is offline   Reply With Quote