Old 02-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/140/125

Height: 5"2

Default Starting again! A new me in 2008!

Hi everyone

Just started ww again, hopefully this will work!!! Ive been working out pretty good but havent really seen a weight loss due to the fact that I haven't been watching my eating very well. To date I am 140 lbs, 5'2. My goal is to be around 125. So i decided to start at 20 pts per day. Which i thought at the beginning was alot, but when i did my first day, i realized i was quite mistaken. I just did my first day out to see how many pts and i got the 20 pts but it doesnt seem like alot of food. Im a very very picky eater and i realize i have to try and change that but thats another battle.

So here is my first day:

Breakfast: 5 pts

1 piece whole weight toast - 2pts
1 tbsp. sugar free strawberry jam - 1 pt
1 cup low fat chocolate milk - 2 pts

Lunch: 8 pts

Frozen low fat fries (15) - 2 pts
Blue menu chicken breast - 1 piece - 4 pts
Sweet n soud sauce (4 tbsp) - 2 pts

Supper: 6 pts

Meat Loaf 1 slice (5/8 thick) - 6 pts

TOTAL: 19 pts

this includes my 8 glasses of water and a multivitamin

but as you can see im one pt short and that doesnt seem like alot of food. Any helpefull suggestions would be great. Just a note; i dont normally eat alot of fruit and vegetables.. fruit i can more because i like a few while vegetables not so much. I really dont eat any of them. #2 of my weight loss issue. So here's to me trying a new thing and getting support and ideas from everyone.. thanks!!
newsteph2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #2  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Congrats on starting something new. I'm guessing by saying "I decided to start at 20 pts." means you are doing it on your own. Lots of people do and have success. I'm a proponent of meetings, though. There's alot to be gained if you can go, but I understand lots of people can't.

I like Arnold's breads, they have a couple different kinds of whole wheat that work out to only 1 pt. per slice. I like their "Naturals" they are high in fiber and whole grains.

I've seen some people talking about the WW smoothies, you could make your chocolate milk for 1 pt. Your veggies are 0 pts, so that's a reason besides your health to eat more of them. Maybe some green beans with your meatloaf. A small apple or orange is only 1 pt. Don't forget you get pts. you can eat with activity and you get 35 flex pts. a week to use however you want, alot of people just divide them up and get an extra 5 pts. a day.

What did you do to lose what you have so far? Just curious. Sometimes just changing what you're eating will jump start your weight loss.

I try and eat 3 pcs. of fruit a day, that way I'm only trying to get in 2 veggies.

Good luck to you
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/140/125

Height: 5"2

thankkkssss!! so ok i just got back from the gym and did a very heavy workout, 30 mins of strength training and 30 mins of elliptical cardio. i was really bad at eating before so ive decided to eat better but i still dont eat veggies. im worried if i use my exercise points ill still stay the same weight. well lets hope i can try and push myself to try new things!!!
newsteph2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #4  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I get those birds-eye or green giant frozen vegetables, they're usually not too bad in points and they have different kinds of sauces, DH and I both like green giant's frozen mix, it was called immunity boost. If you look in the frozen veggies section, you will see some items have Bob Greene's best life diet recommendation on them, they're usually pretty good points-wise, I would just avoid the cheesy sauces, unless you're having trouble getting in your points.

I just take my points slider with me in the grocery and figure stuff out before I buy it. Also, frozen mixed vegetables with Mrs. Dash's seasoning are pretty good, also.

Don't forget, you want to turn up your metabolism, make your body into a calorie burning machine. In order to do that you have to eat and be active, if you don't eat enough your body will go into "starvation" mode and store instead of burn. It sounds strange, but it's true.

My friend did LA Weight Loss (she gained it all back, but is trying again) she lost 40, she said they recommend six small meals a day.

again, good luck
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

What I can see from your menu is you don't have any veggies. Veggies like broccoli,if you like it don't have any points and they fill you up. I would be starved too!! lol But just go buy yourself some frozen veggies,look them up in your book,I personally keep broccoli,cauliflower, brussel sprouts,mixed veggies,all frozen, for me the best brand in broccoli is Pict Sweet it's in a red bag and they are florets,the best broccoli you'll ever eat,yummmii Like at dinner is meatloaf all you had?see you could've had a side of broccoli or greenbeans 0pts,but if you think about it you could've had a chicken breast 3pts with veggies which is 0 and would had 3 pts left over for a lite yogurt,an apple,see?do you like sweet potatoes? get ya some of those I love regular baked potatoes, but I have have have to have sour cream,butter,cheese,bacon,and so on,so I just opt for a baked sweet potato, and get ya some almonds for snacking they curb your appetite!!In WW you can have anything basically but you really have to spend your pts wisely, kinda like shopping, you buy the stuff that's on sale or a cheaper price,right? so you go home with more stuff for your money, choose lower pts value foods and believe me you'll probably be eating all the time!!!!You'll get tired of eating!!
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:40 AM   #6  
JennyC

S/C/G: 164.5/160.5/125

Height: 5'4"

What if you mixed the fruit with a little points friendly yogurt? It's a more filling snack, and keeps the need for veggies at bay. You could also cook the veggies in calorie wise Italian dressing for a different flavor, and snack on those.
Or, you could substitute something in the breakfast menu for fruit to allow more points later in the day. I also have veggie burgers or use veggie ground round in lasagna to boost the numbers.
jennyc is offline   Reply With Quote