Old 02-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #1  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

Default So, guess what I found out

In regards to my "My Biggest Temptation" thread. My friend is on WW and she helped me estimate points for one of the calzones we have there. It's called a Jenny Special, and this is how it's made: the calzone crust is made paper-thin, then they put green peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, garlic, very lite cheese and onions (but I go sans onions, b/c I am allergic). We estimated that it has around 320 calories and 35 g carbs. I don't know how much protein it has in it, , but still, that's a lot of veggies. So, I figured out something I can eat at work. And I ate one last night, and I couldn't even finish it b/c it's so loaded with veggies.
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:17 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

That's awesome!

I was actually thinking of you last night, we went to a little family-owned Italian place for dinner. I was feeling dismayed at all of their choices until I saw the "chicken and fruit" platter, which is grilled chicken, steamed veg, and about a cup of strawberries and pineapple. I was happy, it was very well prepared and healthy and filling. I'm glad you found something at your restaurant you can eat and stay OP!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:59 AM   #3  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

They don't use butter at all; I know this for a fact. There is no grill where they make the pizza and calzones, only an oven. The veggies are cooked in the oven. I see him make it. The cheese in the calzone is pretty scarce, too.

That platter sounds yummy. I WISH we had grilled chicken! The "lightest" thing we have is a tuna platter, but the tuna is so doused in regular mayo that it makes me gag. I don't mind mayo, in moderation (and I only use light mayo) but they use too much for my liking (it comes pre-mixed). And it comes with peaches and pineapple, both canned in heavy syrup. They could probably steam some veggies for me, but we don't have a lot of veggies I like. I'll eat broccoli, but I have to force myself to eat it a lot of times.
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Actually now that I think about it the chicken kind of looked like it had once been breaded but the breading had been scraped off in an effort to make it appear "grilled" So perhaps it wasn't as healthy as I make it sound but it sure tasted good
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #5  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Great job on taking what you have and making it work for you! Sounds like you made an excellent choice.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote