Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:46 PM   #1  
Yeah.....

S/C/G: 190/ticker/135

Height: 5'1''

Default I need to know what you think....

i found some dietary supplements and they look pretty helpful...
maybe help curb my sweet tooth!!!
here is the website... let me know what you think!!!

Thanks

Last edited by nelie; 02-06-2008 at 10:39 AM.
CapriPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:24 AM   #2  
Yeah.....

S/C/G: 190/ticker/135

Height: 5'1''

ok if you cant help me out witht the <website removed> then how about some ideas that will curb my sweet tooth? what do you do to stay away from them?

Last edited by nelie; 02-06-2008 at 10:39 AM.
CapriPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:40 AM   #3  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I personally think supplements like this are a waste of money. That the only purpose of them is to line someone else's pocket with your money.

My experience is that the best way to curb a sweet tooth is to starve it. By that I mean to go cold turkey from added sugars, processed foods with HFCS, white flours, sodas, etc. It may take several days to get past the cravings. In the long run though, it is easier because it makes it so much easier to stay on plan since you're not constantly fighting cravings.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #4  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Chew gum instead.
Keep the sweets out of the house.

JUST SAY NO!!! (easier said than done)
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Honestly,

What has curbed my sweet tooth is moving away from sweets. I eat a lot of natural sweets now such as fruit and such. It can be hard if you are used to eating a lot of sweets and then try to 'detox' from them by stopping completely, but it is doable.

You could also do things such as chew gum, use low calorie substitutes, sugar free jello, etc. Dark chocolate is also a good way to satisfy a chocolate craving.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

I too have a "sweet tooth" and I find (doing Atkins) that sugar free chocolates help incredibly. I have faced the truth about myself and that is "I don't want to give up the little sweet treats of life" but I also don't want to weigh 900 lbs. So...here's my happy medium. I hear that these "chocoperfection" bars taste great and are sweetened with "Erythritol" which have no impact on blood sugar. I haven't tried it yet, but I will. Right now, I just buy the sugar free brachs peppermint patty and reeses peanut butter cups (sugar free). I'll only have 1-2 pieces a day, but it satisfies my mental/physical/whatever need for sweets leaving me not feeling deprived whatsoever. I hardly think anyone can exist on any diet long term if they are feeling deprived. So think...substitution...not deletion..when thinking diet is my opinion. Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #7  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambifox View Post
I hear that these "chocoperfection" bars taste great and are sweetened with "Erythritol" which have no impact on blood sugar. I haven't tried it yet, but I will.
Where were you thinking of buying them? They look great (ingredient wise) but are ridiculously expensive (their site lists them at nearly $4 a bar)! I think I'll just keep making my own with raw cacao powder, unsweetened belgian chocolate, raw extra virgin coconut oil, stevia and erythritol.

Last edited by SoulBliss; 02-10-2008 at 11:57 AM.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

I think it's true that once you start avoiding them, the cravings go away. I was doing great for awhile when I started Weight Watchers. My officemate is the official candy jar lady at work, and I was no longer tempted by the sweets like I had been. Unfortunately, Christmas came and I ate a lot of candy and I'm trying to get back on track. But I appreciate the previous posts for reminding me that my cravings can just go away if I avoid sweets!

But if that won't work for you...if you know anyone who goes to Weight Watchers meetings, they sell a candy called Fruities. They are like super hard gummy bears, so it takes forever to chew one. I'm not a big fan of gum because once the flavor leaves I can't stand to have it in my mouth (bad associations from morning sickness when I was pregnant). Since these are candy, the flavor doesn't go away.

Although if you are a fan of gum and you crave chocolate, I bought a pack of bubble yum (or something) chocolate gum. It had an interesting flavor. It didn't cure my chocolate cravings, but it tasted good. I guess you could always go for tootsie rolls too! Those take a long time to eat.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Default Need Homemade Chocolate Bar Recipe

Good point!!! They are extremely expensive. I was thinking about just making my own chocolate bars with almonds. It would be fun...but, don't have a recipe. Do you have a good kick-a$$ recipe for chocolate treats???? You can buy the Erythritol by the bag for like $6-7 at netrition.com. Thanks for anything you can provide.
Joyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBliss View Post
Where were you thinking of buying them? They look great (ingredient wise) but are ridiculously expensive (their site lists them at nearly $4 a bar)! I think I'll just keep making my own with raw cacao powder, unsweetened belgian chocolate, raw extra virgin coconut oil, stevia and erythritol.
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote