South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default IF you start phase I and get off track?

Ok, I started phase I meaning well (don't we all) and got off track. Most "cheats" the past week weren't huge (a little red wine, some blue chips, wasa crackers) but they weren't according to the plan. I have about 8-10 lbs I want to lose but I know the last lbs are the hardest to lose.

Should I go back and restart Phase I or should I move on and really study the plan and books for Phase II? I know this diet works I did it a few years ago and lost weight that I sadly regained (NOT this time). This am I ate ham, lowfat cheese and v8-juice according to THE PLAN. I have a fridge/freezer filled with South Beach diet foods.

Perhaps I need to junk or store in a different area foods that I can't eat that my little boy can eat - and not touch them. I REALLY want to do this. I was seeing progress but it seems to be up and down, certain lbs one day, another weight another day. Another thing, maybe I should quick getting on the scale every day, it's too frustrating. I'm lifting weights too and some of it can be muscle gain as I'm losing fat, I know my clothes are fitting better.

It's hard to stay on track, but I NEED TO DO THIS. I want to be back to my smaller size clothes for spring and summer.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Horsey, this is of course completely up to you. If it were me, I would do another week of Ph1, and see if I had gotten into the zone, you know, lower appetite, no cravings.

As far as the junk goes, I do keep some stuff around for my kids that I consider junk. Never candy or soda, but chips, some ice cream or popsicles, cookies on occasion. But I do not buy anything for them that might tempt me. I don't get tempted by the chips or ice cream (so far). If I bought them cookies or even granola bars, I'm afraid I would eat them in a moment of weakness. Sometimes I find that something that never tempted me before is now tempting me. I found this out recently with some mini-marshmallows I had around for their cocoa. So, from now on they will have cocoa without marshmallows, sigh. Poor kids.
Keeping stuff out of sight does seem to help with the momentary weakness of wanting something because you see it. But if I am bent on chocolate, I would dig it up if it were buried in the yard.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I'm going to move "junk" to the higher up cabinet that I don't think about, actually there's a stash of candy up there my boy doesn't even remember. Those chips can go there, so can the meal bars... all out of site. On South Beach a lot of stuff is considered junk in the first few phases but my boy needs to eat and grow.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote