Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 02:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Binge Free Challenge ~ Feb 4 - Feb 10

Hi everyone!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. This is a positive thread, so I have to enforce the "be careful about being too negative" rule. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or you just need to talk privately, don't hestitate to PM me.

Let's have an awesome week!!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 151/151/139

Height: 5*7

hi im new! ive posted tons of stuff jjust to get out my story, meet new people! im in on teh binge challenge! feb 4-feb 10! im gonna do it and stick to i love all the support each person has !
Old 02-04-2008, 02:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Looks like you already did! to the CIC forum!! We're happy to have you join us!
Old 02-04-2008, 07:09 AM   #4  
Chel

Height: 5'5"

Welcome NYK!

Well... I made it through yesterday, day2!

I had such a hard time around 5pm. I chewed a piece of gum and tried to keep myself busy and it got better. Then, it hit again around 9pm... I just went to bed. So, this morning I wake up early and still binge free... going into day 3...
Old 02-04-2008, 07:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 140/135/120

Height: 166cm||5'5"

Hello! I am in for this challenge. I joined another challenge and fell back quite quickly on the first two days but today has been good! I did what I set out to do on that challenge and even more! I did make a few unhealthy choices but had my portions under control - 1 slice of a veggie lovers personal pan pizza without the crust, shared a small french fries and I am still within my daily calorie allowance! yay! Where I live, it's almost the end of the day, so I can say quite safely that I am definitely within my limits. I'm done with dinner too.

Anyway, here's to a successful challenge everyone!

Last edited by ennevee; 02-04-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 281/231/181

Height: 5'7"

I really need this thread today! The kids are all in school and hubby is at work. That leaves me alone with no one to see me sneaking food. I'm trying really, really hard not to. So far, I'm doing okay. I had a good low calorie breakfast and I'm full. I just need to keep telling myself that - 'you're full, you're full, you're full'. It's hard today because I just started my period and that's the worst time for me with cravings. A lot of women crave things right before, but it's the first day that I got to get through.

MrsE
Old 02-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #7  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Yesterday was Day 1 again and it was rough. So here I am again trying to have another Binge free day 1. Things are going well right now.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I WANTED to pig out last night, I was up late watching a movie. I didn't. I think the late night munchies have been a big part of my weight gain.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 151/151/139

Height: 5*7

Mrs.E
JSUT stick through it you can do it ! i know it! the feeling of being healhty over rides the feeling of being fat and unhealthy
Old 02-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/150/136

I'm going to try to hop on board. Today will be day 1 for me. We won't discuss yesterday.

My problem is after dinner, around 8:30-9:00 pm when my kids go to bed and I know they aren't around to beg me to share...which means I can eat what I want, as much as I want. I actually seem to be hungry this time of night too. If I can get to around 9:30 (I go to bed at 10:00) I know I'm good to go. It's that one hour that gets me everytime.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/250/180

Height: 5'10"

Chel - Way to go!!!

ennevee - good job on the portion control - that is always my downfall!

MrsE - You can do it!

Shay - Glad things are going well so far today

horsey - Good job!!!

Queen - Yesterday is over - you can do it today! The evenings after my DS goes to bed are my hardest time, too.

Well, I'm going into binge free day #2. Friday & Saturday were AWFUL. I think Saturday was my worst binge ever. I've never felt so sick & disappointed in myself. Sunday, was good, though. I felt in control & today I'm doing good so far, too. Here's to hoping the rest of the week can go as well. I would give anything to have an entire week binge-free!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Unhappy

I'm on board...

I didn't want to hop on. I spent all of yesterday either not eating, bingeing, or planning what I would binge on for the next week, minimum. I felt so out of control. My bf was home with me, and I hid in my bedroom for almost an hour 'doing homework' just so that I could binge.

I can't really explain why I'm here. I know that what I was doing yesterday is so unhealthy, both physically and mentally. I hate how it affects the parts of my life that I love and cherish. So last night before I went to bed, I once again wrote out some plans. For my own reference, here they are:

* Enjoy a reasonable portion of the foods I was planning on bingeing on, instead of bingeing on them. Only in the company of someone else.
* Eat only protein and fresh produce when I'm alone. If I want anything else, it will be at meal time, in reasonable portions, as healthy as possible, with company.
The bold points are important, because the majority of my binges happen when I'm alone and I can hide it from everyone else.
* Lay off the chocolate and sugar until Valentine's day. It's only 10 days, and my reward will be a few chocolates and some wine

I don't know if I'm really strong enough to make this last. I'm just focusing on today. Tomorrow, I'll focus on tomorrow. I'm taking it slow. Baby steps, right? As long as I'm trudging in the right direction...

Best wishes, ladies
Old 02-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #13  
Chel

ennevee- YAY!

MrsE- YOU'RE FULL!

horsey- movies are tough... last night Sis (my daughter) and I had a movie night. I'm SO lucky there wasn't any chocolate in the house!
Someone should make low calorie/sugar free gum that tastes just like M&Ms.

queen- that's a bad time for me too!

clydiecat-I know it feels awful doesn't it? I didn't have this much of a hard time when I quit smoking... but guess what I replaced the smoking with? Good job on Sunday & today will be just fine! Let's go for it... the entire week!

Penelope- sounds like a good plan to me. Those few chocolates and wine will taste even better as a reward. You ARE strong enough. We all are!

I'm switching tactics. I thought maybe I wasn't eating enough early enough so I had a bigger breakfast and a bigger lunch... so far so good. It's after 3:30 and no crackhead feeling yet!
Old 02-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

Ok I'm in! I had a good weekend with not one binge! That is major for me. I did indulge in some not so great foods, but before it turned into a binge, I stopped, finished my mouthful of food, and put everything away. I then tried to let go of my guilt and just get on with my day. I would say I did this 3 or 4 times total this weekend. It isn't perfect, but it's working for me right now. I'm trying to slow down while I eat too and taste my food.

Today is binge free so far. I did have one minor "episode" in the employee breakroom - I found a pizza in there and had a slice, but stopped at just one. I'm ashamed to say I was stressing about some work things, and I just scarfed it without tasting. At least I'm realizing it though.

I'm just starting out and haven't really even gone out and gotten any books on the subject, as I'm kind of overwhelmed. However, just being aware finally of what I'm doing is helping so much. I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Hope all you chicks have a great week!!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

i'll join in as of now... earlier today i already overdid it a bit - i was tired and stressed and turned to the food instead of just taking a rest which i think is what i needed.

penelope - good call on only eating with other people around. that would be so helpful for me and i know it, but it's hard because i live alone.
Closed Thread