Old 02-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Talking Newbie looking for some buddies

Hello! I figure after spending most of my free time for the past 3 days checking out this site I ought to post something You all are so inspiring and I can't thank you enough for sharing your stories! It's been great reading the forums, but I would also love to PM with people with similar interests/situations (I'm new in my town and don't really know anybody within a 300 mile radius other than my fiance!) So here's me in a nutshell:

General
-S/C/G 245/245(just startin!)/160
-24 years old, 5'10"
-raised on a farm in NE Iowa, currently live in SW Iowa
-Recently graduated with a Music (Ed) degree and Russian Studies degree
-Lived in Russia for about four months! (January-May)
-Favorite TV shows: South Park, House, Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, Dead Like Me, Reba, Mythbusters
-Hobbies - right now I'm in to jewelry making, but I used to be an avid knitter/quilter.

More 3FC related info...
Why I want to lose the weight
- I'm becoming really interested in fashion, but when you're an 18/20 you don't have a lot of options
- I'm getting married in July and I'm terrified if I keep eating the way I have been, I won't fit in to my pricey dress, which I ordered a size too big!
- I can't wait to be a mommy someday, and I want to be healthy enough to be one!
- I have a lot of cousins, and since one recently got weight loss surgery, I've become the fat cousin. I want to look the way she will, but do it on my own.
What I've been doing so far
- I LOVE FitDay.com! I have a crazy sweet tooth, but when I know I have to enter that candy into my FitDay... I haven't hardly craved anything sweet for the past 3 days! I love how accountable it makes me, and when I see how many fewer calories I can eat and still feel satisfied, it's so rewarding!
- Drinking water! I'm going by the "divide your weight in half and drink that number in ounces" rule of thumb, which for me is a little less than 4 liters a day. So I've been going elementary school and putting a happy face sticker on my calendar for every liter bottle of water I drink. It really keeps me motivated...and running to the bathroom once or twice an hour!
- I've made a simple silver chain bracelet for myself, and for every 5 pounds I lose, I'll add a bead or charm. That way, I'll have a reminder of my accomplishments and my goal with me where ever I go!

Obviously I haven't really lost any weight yet, but I've gotta say, I can't believe how great I've felt the past three days! I have realistic goals (46 pounds by July - under 200 for the wedding! and be 160 by January 30 next year). I do enjoy exercise, but a bad ankle, cold weather, and lack of income keep me from going outside or to the gym, but I just ordered the Walk Away the Pounds set with the 1,2, and 3 mile workouts and the stretchie, as well as a DDR game for something fun I have been in such a rut the past few months, which made me eat more, which made me gain so much weight, which made me depressed. I'm so excited about this new energy I've found and I feel like my fiance is noticing, which means a lot

Anywho, that's chapter one of my story! PM me anytime!
alliegater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there &

Wow, you've made some great changes! And with a little commitment & determination you WILL lose weight! Keep on posting wherever you're comfortable

Best of luck ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #3  
Image isn't Character

S/C/G: 278(54%BF)/180(10%)/175(8%)

Height: 5'8"

Hey, first I must say, Mythbusters is only like the bestest most amazing show ever...just had to throw that out there. Anywho, sounds like you're doing great, keep at it and Good Luck!!!
griffogrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

Let me say at first you like almost all the same shows I do! Project Runway is my favorite. I am just starting this website as well. Let me say I love your bracelet idea. That is so clever! Good luck!
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:21 AM   #5  
bow chicka bow wow

aw yay privyet! I must say that I loooooove DLM. Why oh why was it ever cancelled. Sigh, what a tragic loss.
tinsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:00 AM   #6  
Work it!

S/C/G: 195/193/135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Alliegator! (cute name) The bracelet idea is so clever. I also enjoy making jewelry. I'm into hemping. Good luck on your journey! There is plenty of support to help you along the way.

Griff - I like your quotes! And, if I may, you're so freakin' cute. I could just pinch those cheeks...the ones on your face, silly. :P

Last edited by Jewelieta; 02-02-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Jewelieta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:18 PM   #8  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 169/158/130

Height: 5'6

I also love the bracelet idea....I might have to steal that!
niclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

hey alliegator! I have only been a member here for about 6 months or so, but I have had more encouragement than I know what to do with! This is by far my favorite and most successful weight loss tool!! I love that bracelet idea! I may get my mom to make me one!
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #10  
calories? what calories?

S/C/G: 245/176/110

Height: 5'2"

Hello! I am also a newbie here, and, just like you, have been reading this forum for the past three days, and using FitDAy, and I love it as well. It's just like you said, the cravings almost disappear when you know that you have to write it down.
Before that I ate so much, that I managed to gain 10 kilos/20 pounds in the past six months. I ate pizza and McDonald's almost every day, and always had a good supply of sweets around. I watched TV and ate every evening after work.
I especially hate myself for doing that, because I managed to loose 40 kilos in the past, and I should know better. But I was (still am, actually) in really bad relations with my sister, who used to be the closest person to me in the world. So I just stayed in my room with my food and smokes, slowly atrophying.

And then 3 days ago I found this forum! Yaaay!

Oh, I love House as well, mainly because Laurie is an intelligent person in real life. His dad was a doctor and an Olympic gold medal winner.
South Park - I loved them for the first eight or nine years. But then I saw the part that makes fun of Al Gore, and the love was gone, because they really didn't have ANY viable reason whatsoever for making fun of him.
Mythbusters are getting less and less spontaneous, which makes me sad... I really liked them in the beginning.
I would like to watch America's next top model, but I'd be laughed at from my family.
I like Scrubs, although sometimes they get a bit stupid to. But what I love most are anime, and other cartoons. I'm a 27 year old child. Does anyone here watch animes? I really love drum and bass music as well.
OK, enough about me... this is your thread Welcome I guess, although we've arrived at the same time.
Aldebaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:39 AM   #11  

Oh my gosh! How could I forget scrubs! Thats another of my all time fav shows!

I completely agree about Laurie...That show would be nothing without him. Do you have any seasons on DVD? It cracks me up to hear his natural british accent because his american accent is so good - I love it!

South park - I love some shows more than others, more seasons than others (but i still own them all ). I feel there best work was from seasons 2-6, and with 10 and 11 its starting to pick up a bit more. Imaginationland was the best!

And don't worry about getting laughed at for ANTM...I laughed at myself at first, but it's more addicting than chocolate cake! :P
Old 02-03-2008, 09:00 PM   #12  
Project Me!

S/C/G: 221.2/165.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Ahoy! I love Scrubs as well!
starbucksfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 148/115

Height: 5'3

Hey, I am also new to this site and to weight loss! I'm in a similar situation of loving fashion, but now I'm getting too big to wear anything cute. Not that I was ever a twig, but I was a lot smaller! Project Runway is one of my favorites, too. Who do you want to win this season? Thanks for mentioning fitday.com. I could definately use a site like that!
chubbydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:49 PM   #14  

chubbydancer -
Sadly, I don't get bravo at the moment, so no Project Runway for me Sometime I luck out and there's a marathon when I'm at my parents house so I can catch up

Since you're a fashion addict, do you ever watch What Not To Wear? Sometimes they drive me crazy because all I can think is "dang it, if I had $5000 I could buy beautiful clothes too, but on a wal-mart budget ya don't got a lot of options!" But I LOVE the tips they give! I finally know how to style my finicky curly hair, and I'm in love with my new dark denim relatively straight leg jeans (from old navy on sale for $20! Beat that new york! :P )
Old 02-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #15  
bow chicka bow wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliegater View Post
Since you're a fashion addict, do you ever watch What Not To Wear? Sometimes they drive me crazy because all I can think is "dang it, if I had $5000 I could buy beautiful clothes too, but on a wal-mart budget ya don't got a lot of options!"
Sure you do! Sales, sales and more sales! Outlets galore! Oh, and my personal guilty pleasure ... ebay! I used to love PR too but for some reason it just seemed to fade for me after season 2.
tinsica is offline   Reply With Quote