General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Talking Plans For Vacay This Year

I hadn't really seen a thread on this and it is a new year, we got taxes, valentine's day,Spring,Easter,and before we know it, it's time to start planning the big "VACAY" Hubby and I have already been talkin, and since we took the camper to Myrtle Beach last year, we thought we might just rock Pigeon Forge,Tennessee this year in our camper, with some friends and their camper and my fave sissy and her DH in their camper, do a fish fry one night, mexican one night, steaks one night,i can smell it now......... LOADS of shopping at all kinds of outlets stores. As you all may have read a time or two I LOVE FRIDAYS,COFFEE, AND I LOVE TO CAMP!!!!! And I was wondering if any of you guys have ever been to Pigeon Forge or even close enough to have ever heard of it,and if you all enjoy camping and where you all are going this year for vacation......
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I have been to Pigeon Forge and it's really nice. We even went into Gatlinburg and rode the skylift up the mountain. Kinda scared me because you have to jump on and off like a ski lift. It's beautiful any time of the year. You should also try to get to the Lost Sea or Ruby Falls while in Tennessee.

We always go to Florida for a week in July. But me, my mom, and aunt are thinking about going to Cancun or Vegas as a additional trip will no men allowed. But, if I can't get my passport in time we may go to Puerto Rico.

I love vacations!!
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 350/350/170

Height: 5'9"

my dh and i just got married last october in gatlinburg. we are already planning on taking our vacation there again this october. we didn't get to do a lot of tourist types of things while there (like going to pigeon forge), but my cousin had went earlier in the year and suggested going to the mill. clingman's dome and cade's cove are both supposed to be worth going to. when i was in hs my family vaca'd there and went to clingman's dome. you will definitely get some exercise doing that! you walk to the top of a mountain (you drive most the way up it and walk the last portion). the view is amazing! anyhow, there is a lot to do in that area. i can't wait to go back! we are also going to take a trip to cherokee, nc. not sure what is there, but my mom wants to do it.
jmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Hrm... never been to any of those places myself.

2008 vacation plans for me and DH are pretty huge -- we're going to Brazil! His whole family is there pretty much, so I'll get to meet a bunch of people who didn't make it up for the wedding and he'll get to see his extended family for the first time in a couple years. It's gonna be awesome We're going for two weeks and will mostly stay around Rio, though we'll probably also go to Sao Paulo, maybe Porto Allegre, and some place out in the countryside where it's not so touristy. I'm so excited!!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 281/231/181

Height: 5'7"

Hubby and I have talked about taking a long weekend to Gatlinburg in our rv. We haven't yet, but I've done a lot of looking around on the computer about campgrounds and such.

As far as the family vacation, we're going to pack up the rv and go to Colorado for Christmas. Hubby grew up in Colorado Springs on the Air Force base. I have fallen in love with Colorado and can't wait to get back!

Oh, and oldest boy has a band trip this summer either to Wyoming or Washington. Hubby wants to take the rv along too. This one isn't set in stone, so we'll see.

MrsE
MrsEnigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:17 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

My vacation will be my wedding & honeymoon in October
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I already took my vacation, went to Antarctica (and Chile/Argentina as part of it).

Other things may include Montreal (although probably not), San Diego (in a couple months), North Carolina (in the fall) and possibly upstate New York (in the fall)
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Dh and i are going with family to Tuscany this year...nice treat..all we have to do is pay for the plane fare...then the rest is taken care off...a nice villa in tuscany...can't complain (:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Mod - DH and I are the same way with our vacations. We went to Florida last year (DH went down there for work but we made a vacation of it) and we loved the keys (although I wasn't too big a fan of Miami Beach), but we didn't just want to sit on the beach as we needed things to do. I would be bored to death if I went somewhere and just sat on the beach for days.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:46 PM   #10  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I can sit on the beach for a couple days...but not DH. He would go crazy.

We don't have a true vacation planned - just the obigitory, once-a-year- visit to Alabama to visit his family in the fall. We usually end up taking a road trip to CA and since we live next door to Oregon we go to the coast there quite often in the summertime.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #11  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I'm going for a cruise to Mexico with a girlfriend from college... we try to catch up every summer since she lives in LA and I'm in the subarctic. literally (and I dont mean the northern states. lol)

and hopefully I'll be back in vancouver in the fall for a friend's wedding
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #12  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I LOVE Pigeon Forge! I will be visiting there over spring break (Mom lives just outside of Knoxville). I was hoping to be close to goal weight by the time I go (not likely) so that I could indulge in a mega shopping spree at the outlet malls. I may still pick up some things - who knows!

For Vacation plans - several. We went to visit the kids in CA in January. Chicago in March. Tenn. in April. The rest of the year is still unplanned - probably 2-3 more trips - hopefully hiking vacations
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #13  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Well, I'll be in Fairbanks all summer. I count it as vacation even though I'll be on internship. Get to do lots of weekend camping, and I have a friend who's got a summer job at Denali. Hopefully having a weekend or two out at my parent's village.

Then in the fall, hopefully I'll be going to Ireland to help get my sister settled into university. But if she does decide to stay in the US for her degree, I'll be planning a fall trip back to Italy and the UK to see some friends.
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:16 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Gosh... I'm kinda jealous.....Tuscany, Hawaii, good grief All of your vacays make mine sound like....crap I would love to go to Hawaii, but, that means flying and I don't think I could do that, I told my DH if we ever flew and something went wrong on the way there, he would never get me back on a plane to come back.lol I see alot of places like that I would love to go, like Tuscany and even California,But I guess I won't get to see those places,my DH has been to California, Nevada,and Arizona for his work and when he went to California about a year ago, Iwanted so bad to go with him,but I couldn't, because my MIL wouldn't watch the baby, though he was gone for about a week and a half,he drove too and that would have been an awesome roadtrip I thought, but he said that driving through Nevada,I guess it was, would have drove me nuts because it's all desert for miles and miles. Any way atleast I have Florida and South Carolina, I would love to try to go to the Florida Keys in a couple years. And Pigeon Forge those of you who are planning on going. Go to Wonder Works, it's right next to where Alabama Grill used to be, on the right going in, you can;t miss it, it's the upside down building with palm trees hanging from it,it's pretty cool!!
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

I've got a couple planned for this year. For the May long weekend (I'm canadian) my bf and I are going to his grandmothers 85 bday celebration in Regina. In june the bf and I are doing a 3 maybe 4 day backpacking trip that will take us from alberta into montanna and back up to alberta. We'll tack a day on either side of the backpacking and make a week out of it. I'm also doing a 3 day backpacking trip with some girlfriends in late summer.

I'll probably head down to San Fransico with my mom and a friends mom to visit her daughter who lives there. Then in September, my parents have to go to Quebec city for work, I'm going to tag along then my mom and I are going to fly to halifax to visit my brother, then off to Cape Bretton to spend a few day with my bro's gf's mom. If I can swing it, my best friend and I want to head to vegas over my the canadian thanks-giving weekend to celebrate my 25 bday. Phew...I didn't realize how busy I was going to be this year.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote