General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:07 PM   #1  

Default Some questions that I'd love to know the answers to...

I'm writing a paper right now, and am so curious to hear everyone's input.

1. What are your biggest fears and frustrations with being overweight?

For me... I'm afraid of not being attractive, for example. I think that's the biggest think I'm scared of. I'm frustrated about the thought of trying clothes on and not having them look good, or about people thinking less of me.

2. What are you the most embarassed to admit - even to yourself?

For me, again, I'm embarassed that I do mess up sometimes. I say that I'm not eating that much, but when I track the calories... they say something else. I'm embarassed that I straight up eat too much sometimes.

I would absolutely love to hear what you guys have to say. Thanks so much!
JennyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:21 PM   #2  
the one on the left

S/C/G: 215/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Jenny -

Great questions! Good luck with your paper!

1. Biggest fears..... that I will always be "this way"; that I'll miss out on exciting physical things, like hiking in the rainforest, or skydiving; that I will cut my life short due to poor health choices

2. Embarrassed to admit.....that I could be doing more, that I WANT to do more, but that sometimes, I just don't care! I'd rather have that bag of popcorn and pay for it later..! So I guess, a lack of willpower, and embarrassed that someone will catch me at it!
alisluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:54 PM   #3  

Thank you so much...fantastic insight.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:55 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hmmm....
1. Biggest fear about being overweight? That I will embarrass my family by my weight and that I will end up just letting life pass me by while I cannot participate because of my weight.

2. This is the question that I wanted to answer...I am embarrased to admit, even to myself, that I am this size to begin with. How sad is that?
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:25 PM   #5  
Smartypants

Well, my biggest fear is that I will never lose this weight, of course; that through all of my efforts, in the end, I'm not gonna be able to lose it. My largest frustration is that it took me this long to finally get serious about it. I didn't get overweight from food, so I guess that makes me the minority here hahaha. But food is what kept me overweight, and I fully admit that.

You want just one answer hahaha? Hmmm. Most embarrassed, I'd say, that I'm afraid to be intimate with my fiance because I'm self conscious. Granted, this makes no sense...my fiance is overweight too, but I just can't accept that he finds me so desirable because to me, I am so UNdesirable. :man did I just say that out loud? shhhh he doesn't even know:

Hey this is kinda fun, got any more questions? LOL!
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:39 AM   #6  
Project Me!

S/C/G: 221.2/165.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Well, being so young my biggest thing is attraction. I have never been on a date ever and I'm 22. I don't want to be alone my whole life.

How I let my parents take control of my weight! It's also embarassing thing to admit what I put in my mouth and my actions are my own doing.
starbucksfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #7  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Fear: I am ready to start a family, but Type 2 diabetes and Gestational Diabetes runs rampant on BOTH sides of my family. I fear having a hard time conceiving, having difficulties during pregnancy, and then teaching my children bad habits... All over something that I DO have control over. (I am also, selfishly, affraid my breasts will sag after I lose the weight)
Frustrations: That I wasn't able to find the motivation to do it sooner.

I am embarassed to admit how much and how bad I was eating.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #8  

Thank you guys SO much! If anyone else has any feedback, I'd LOVE to hear it. This is so helpful!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:11 AM   #9  

Height: 5 feet 11 inches

my biggest fear is that i will lose this weight and it will all come back...

my biggest embarrasment when i first meet people is that i'm wondering what they are thinking about my weight. or even making any type of comment weight related
sugarcoatit07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

For me, fear and frustration are two completely separate entities:

Being overweight frustrates me for a lot of reasons. I can't buy cute clothes. I can't wear things that make me feel sexy and attractive. I don't want to buy pretty undies or flirty bras (not that I fit into flirty bras right now). I don't want to be completely naked in front of my guy. There are things that I cannot do because of my weight and being out-of-shape. There are things that I can do but that are uncomfortable due to the same and so I don't do them.

I'm afraid of being overweight for health reasons. Strokes and high blood pressure and diabetes run in my family. I'm a poster child for all of it if I don't get my weight under control. I'm afraid that I won't be able to do it (despite my success so far) or maintain it and that it will be something that I've failed at.

What I'm the most embarassed to admit is that I LET myself get to this point. I'm embarased to admit that I had so little self control and so little self-esteem that I just pretended that I didn't weigh as much as I did and thought it would be ok.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:24 PM   #11  

Thank you thank you thank you!
Old 02-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #12  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

My biggest fear.
That I will have health problems and leave my children sooner than God intended because I don't take care of myself. What a very selfish thing to do. That is the main reason to get this weight off and keep it off.

Embarrassed to admit
I could exercise more than I do. I am just lazy and that is all there is to it. I could do way way more than 1 hour a day.

Frustrations
I just can't get myself, most days, to do more of what is good for me, like exercise, than I do.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-16-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #13  

My biggest fear is that when I go to sit down on a chair in a public place it will break... I already feel like a freak/alien. I guess my biggest frustration is that I literally don't feel like a woman; more like a blob. And I'm honestly not trying to be mean to myself, but, alas, this is the harsh reality. I am most embarrassed to admit to myself, my size. I have clothes that are my "fat" clothes that no longer fit me but I am in denial over what size I really do wear. People do stereotype the large and it's sometimes very noticeable when talking to others. I am most embarassed to go out in public at this point and I guess this is the painful truth.
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:40 PM   #14  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

My biggest fear is simple. Dying. I don't want to suffer some horrible fate that I know could have been prevented had I not been so overweight. Of course, with as long as I have been overweight, I've probably already done some irreparable damage but I'm going to try my hardest to slow down whatever damage that might have been.

My biggest frustration, like some of the others have mentioned, lies in not being able to do so many things that I want to do. Shop in a "regular" clothing store. By something (other than perfume or lotion) at Victoria's Secret for myself. Sit without worrying about the sturdiness of the chair. Frustration at not being able to do things that "normal" people don't even think twice about.

I'm the most embarrassed to admit that in some ways, I feel security in my weight. I'm the happy go lucky fat friend that everyone always wants to have around. I can be self-depreciating and make people laugh as I talk about my fat ***. I've been overweight for so long that it's become my life. And I'm scared of what will happen when I finally reach my goal and I don't have to cloak of fat to hide behind anymore...
angierue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 247/243/135

Height: 5'4"

My biggest fear is that I taught my children the very same bad eating habits that my Mom taught me and that they will one day have the same problems I'm having.

My biggest frustration is not being able to wear cute, non tent looking clothing. (and I'm talking undies here too!).

I am the most embarrassed to admit that I'm fat because of ME! I can't blame anyone or anything else, it was all my fault and I now have to own up to that fact and take control back from the food that I've allowed to control me for so long. Jackie
tinygrammy is offline   Reply With Quote