Old 01-31-2008, 01:59 AM   #1  
It's Gonna Happen!

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Considering SB - Where can I find more info?

Hello!

A colleague of mine just dropped 20 lbs in 3 weeks on SB!! He was telling me a little about it, but we don't have the type of relationship where I could really probe more about. Do any of you experienced ladies have advice for me? Mainly, I'm trying to learn more about it - are there any good websites, food lists, etc.? Should I just buy the book?

Thanks!
rdye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, rdye23. It is important to read the book thoroughly so you can understand the reasoning why we should avoid certain foods, and just how this way of eating works. We do a 2 week Phase 1 where fruits and grains are restricted, and that helps to clear the body of cravings and detox. Phase 2 is the introduction of whole grains and fruit back into our diet. Depending on the amount of weight you have to lose, you can expect to lose anywhere from 5 - 10 lbs. in the first 2 weeks, or more. Some people lose less, some people lose more. Keep in mind that men generally lose weight faster and easier because of their metabolism.
We have a pretty informative forum here that addresses many questions. Look around our site and check out our FAQ section. You'll find the stickies there that list the latest Phase 1 and Phase 2 food lists.
Good luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:42 AM   #3  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb You can check it of the library too

That's what I did. I spent about a month reading several different food plans before settling in on this. Again, take the time to really read the book and study the foods allowed. I am of the "ilk" that believes it is just better to know what you should eat rather than what you shouldn't. That way there is no confusing the two! But, then that is how my mind works.

I keep the food list on my pc and in my purse. So, as long as I remember my glasses (that's another thing altogether) I am "ready" to tackle the grocery store. I read labels even before I started this but I can tell you that even I was surprised at some of the hidden ingredients in a lot of foods you would never suspect having additives, etc.

What I have found works for me is to avoid all sugar. I also have 2-3 carbs per day and 2-3 fruits per day. Of those "add-ins" I have stuck with low glycemic index food choices. I am still eating the 5 small meals a day too. I am erring on the side of caution but it works for me so "if it ain't broke, why fix it?" I have found that this is a comfort level I can live with which is a good thing since I will be following Phase Two for another year. I do not plan on adding in any thing else. Once you start the plan you will understand what I am talking about.

I like this diet a lot and I can see myself sticking to it as a lifestyle choice. I did have one blip since I started this one month ago. It was more out of habit than an actual craving, which I really haven't had on this. I think you will find that there really is a variety of foods to eat and if you are creative, then you should have no trouble making satisfying and delicious meals either.

Lots of tips and great recipes are on here as well. So, welcome aboard. Glad to have ya.

Last edited by pamatga; 01-31-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: more or less words
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote