Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-30-2008, 08:34 PM   #1  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wow, this is huge for me

I have two NSV to share today

I needed to go grocery shopping so after class I run to the grocery store to do my thing. I made a list, because I found that if I don't, I'll buy everything in the store!

As I was strolling through the store and going to specific areas where the items I needed where at, I realized how many different brands upon brands and types upon types there were of each product.

I found myself naturally comparing labels!!!

My second one really has no build up lol. I went to the drink area because I was going to get some bottled water. They were selling Dublin Dr Pepper...only the best Dr Pepper in the world. I'm such a HUGE Dr. Pepper addict. I saw it, and walked away.

They may not be much, but it took alot for me!
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:48 PM   #2  

Location: I live in far west Texas - and I love that good ol' southern hospitality and good ol' southern food!

S/C/G: 255/227.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Default You are one strong chica!

WooEEE, I do love that Dublin Dr. Pepper, so I know what a huge accomplishment that is! Congrats to you for being so awesome! Stay strong!
chunkydunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:10 PM   #3  
Never-giver-upper

S/C/G: 186/176/135

Height: 5'7"

I've never heard of Dublin Dr. Pepper (although a big Pepper fan in general) but I know how hard it is to not buy it. That is definitely a meaningful victory!
Serena C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:21 PM   #4  
navywife022506

S/C/G: 238/228/130

Height: 5'5"

Good job.....the drug slogan, "Just Say No" goes quite well with buying "junk" food and drinks. I am a big Dr.Pepper fan too, but never heard of Dublin DP. I am now drinking diet sodas. I can't drink a lot of milk because of the calories and I can't just live off of water 24/7, so I buy diet. I like Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry, but not Diet Pepsi. I drink Diet 7-up and Diet DP.

Congrats. on walking away and just saying NO to the Dublin DP
navywife022506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #5  

That's cool, Heather.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 286/219/145

Height: 5' 4"

Congrats on walking away! My biggest problem is junk food and sweets. I've never heard of the DDP, what is it?
ChrystalM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #7  
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

Dublin Dr Pepper is Dr Pepper bottled in Dublin, Texas (little Ireland <333) It's bottled with Imperial Pure Cane sugar which is the original Dr Pepper formula.

A little history lesson: in the 70's the price of sugar went up, so most companies started using HFCS instead of sugar in making their pops. And I don't know how accurate it is, but according to the Dublin factory, they're the only ones who have always used sugar.

I just know that it's DIVINE. I'm so addicted to it. Luckily for me, I live close enough to where I can get it, but it's scarce.

Now that I'm not drinking regular sodas (and I'm trying to cut down on diet ones) it makes me a little glad that I'm not any closer to Dublin.
THE Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #8  
soon to be a SkinnyDipper

S/C/G: 256/232/139

Height: 5'4"

That's great!!
ChunkyDunker is offline   Reply With Quote