Old 01-30-2008, 05:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/300/180

Height: 5'3

Default New Scale Blues

The scale i have been using has been acting up pretty much since i started watching what i ate and exercising, but i figured it was around an accurate number.. i just couldnt really track what i was losing as it would give me a totally diff weight every time i stood on it.. but.. i figured when i started this i was about 295... and according to that wonky scale i was approx 280 now.
Anyhow, i finally bought a new scale.. no more digital for me as i seem to have probs with them. i bought a pretty expensive mechanical that weighs on the carpet as well as a hard floor.. stepped on it first thing this am and omg.. i am 298 according to it.. i stood on it 6 times in a row and got the same number each time.. dang thing has to be accurate doesnt it ? lol...so i guess i had been over the 300 lb mark as i know i have lost some weight. just not sure how much atm... so today is my new starting point... im doing smaller goals as wanting to lose 150lbs seems sooo much to me .. ill do approx 50 at a time..
Im trying not to let that huge number get me down.. trying to have a positive outlook that now i will be able to accurately track my weight loss and actually have that motivation it provides.. today is the beginning of the rest of my life.. wish me luck
remydey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:05 AM   #2  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Good luck Remy! And try not to worry too much about the scale - if you are getting smaller and feeling more fit, that's what really matters. I never tend to worry if I move from scale to scale; mine is just kind of there to track my progress, but I don't care as much about the number as long as it's going down!
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Good luck!! You can do this!! I'm sorry about the crazy scale!! But how do your clothes fit? Have you dropped a size? That usually indicates a 10 lb loss.

Make sure you keep your scale in the same place when you weigh in!! I know if I move mine to a different room I can get a different number!!

Anyways have you thought about giving yourself rewards for your weightloss? I give myslef a reward fro every 5 lbs and made a list of them up until goal so that way I know what I am working towards!!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:54 AM   #4  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Scales can be so frustrating! Just remember that you did loss weight even if the current number isn't what you originally thought. Looking at the total weight you have to loss can be discouraging but just go day by day. If you stay on plan you will look back in a month or two and be surprised by how fast it went by and how much you lost! It's a good idea to break it into smaller goals, I've been doing 25 lbs at a time. Keep up the good work!
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I just got a new scale too. I had suspicions that mine was off. I weighed myself on both scales about 4 different times and got the same reading on each scale all four times with the new scale being 4 pounds heavier than the first. That was a bummer -- but I still know that I have lost that 8 pounds and it just means my starting weight was 4 pounds more than I thought. But as long as the loss is accurate and there are changes, I am not discouraged.

Good luck with meeting your goals.
marie8674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:59 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

I agree the scale thing stinks!! I thought I was about 20lbs less than I am. I bought new scales and they are right with the drs scales. Just keep going and it will come off.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:30 AM   #7  
how many monkey butlers?

S/C/G: 161.2ish/160/130

Height: 5'5

Good luck to you! I know how much it can stink, I would weigh myself at home and be thrilled, then go to my official weight watchers weigh in and be crushed by their 'official' weigh in...

you can do it
ortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 318/300/180

Height: 5'3

thank you for tall the encouragement.. i think the thing that bothers me the most is the fact i was indeed over 300lbs.. i thought i hadnt hit that..i cant beleive i let myself get this big... it seems to have happened overnight.. i stayed around 260 for years and then boom lol...
i put the scale in my computer room and it wont be moved even one inch ever lol.. gonna weigh at the same time each morning and weigh naked i have decided... i didnt this am.. was wearing a big old sweatshirt, and i know it had to weight 10 lbs lmao jk.... anyhow.. thank you again for all the imput.. this is such a great site.. here's wishing you all luck in all you wish to do.. im rootin for ya
remydey is offline   Reply With Quote