Old 01-29-2008, 07:23 PM   #1  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

Default Feeling Hopeless

I am feeling so hopeless right now. I know that if you want it you'll just do it, and I do want it but I can't seem to get myself to DO IT! UGH! I started off so good today and then I binged.

What can I do to break this cycle???

Help!
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #2  
Work it!

S/C/G: 195/193/135

Height: 5'3"

First of all, feel good about yourself that you came and asked for advice! What was it that made you binge? Can you pinpoint what it was and be conscious of it from here on out? No one is perfect, sweetie. What you can do is start anew with your next meal. Perhaps balance out the binge with a good workout. That for sure would give you a boost! I'm certainly no expert, so I'm interested to see what others say as well.
Jewelieta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #3  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

I know how you feel! I went over my calorie limit today by 300 calories by 3pm! I totally binged out! My back is sore and I have over 60 lbs to lose (my ticker is off, since I gained weight, I can't bring myself to change it).

What am I going to do? I wanna tell myself "I already am over my limit, I might as well pig out tonight and start tomorrow again", but I plan on going to the gym: Lift weights HARD, walk on the treadmill for at least 35 minutes, and the ellipticle for 35 minutes. I am going to have a healthy snack (very small!) and go to bed early.

TOMORROW I plan on getting 100% back on track.

The only thing you can do is continue to try and make changes. And when you fall off the wagon, acknowledge it and get back on. Even the success stories on the forum have had set backs and problems to overcome. That gives me hope!

You can do it! Go exercise some way you enjoy... tonight! Lighten up your eating.

Also.. .what has helped me SO MUCH is writing every thing I eat in TDP. Even if I binged and I feel terrible for eating it, and I don't want to see over 2,000 calories (or way more!) on my profile, I still log it.

Goodluck!
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #4  
Goddess

Thanks guys!

There are a few things factoring in right now. First of all, I travel a lot and haven't managed to stay OP a single time that I am out of town. I know that I am going out of town again this weekend and my scale is reading 5 pounds up from last Thursday so I feel like there is no purpose to getting back on track just to get back off of it (because I know I will be bad during the super bowl).

Also, I stopped taking the pill mid-month because I left them at home when I was gone last weekend so I feel like I am PMSing.

I am so frustrated. I have been "doing" my diet plan since november and have gained weight. I know that it is not the plan but rather my lack of commitment. I need to figure this out.

Perhaps I will get my butt over to the gym. It shouldn't be too crowded right now.

Any tips on being good when out of town???
Old 01-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #5  
Work it!

S/C/G: 195/193/135

Height: 5'3"

Awww!

My goodness, I am the QUEEN of PMS eating. Chocolate, salt, chocolate, salt...So, I completely understand. Damn hormones. Hehe I haven't hit that point yet since starting a few days, so I can't offer up any suggestions in that department. That'll be interesting. Poor poor boyfriend. lol

I see that you're doing LAWL. I actually don't even know the specifics of that plan. But, is there perhaps a different plan you can follow that would be more accommodating to your lifestyle? I'm doing WW 'cause I'm allowed flexibility. (At home with just a points finder and calculations from the forum.) Or, when you're out of town or before you leave, find time to go to the health food store and stock up. I often have to do that when I travel. For me, it's all about planning.
Jewelieta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #6  
bow chicka bow wow

Eating for me is easily my hardest thing. I too start off great and then BAM a chocolate bar has jumped into my mouth (evil things). So, on days when I feel the temptation creeping in I've found that looking at my list of reasons why I want this that I made when I started helps me out a little. But, for me anyway, what helps me the most is just looking at my workout logs. Nothing frustrates me more than seeing myself get closer to my 7 mile/hr goal only to turn around and ruin it. So I look back at the work I've done and usually it motivates me to steer clear of the things I should.

And hey, you're still at it right? Which means that even though you might not end a day how you want, you continue to start them how you want and that's nothing to frown at!
tinsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:03 PM   #7  
A loser losing happily

S/C/G: 280/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Bad days happen to most of us, we just get back on the weightloss wagon. The thing that has been working for me is tracking all the things that I eat and being able to see the amount of calories and fat calories that I have been putting in my body. When I need something sweet I eat fruit, yogurt or have some tea. If I am hungry I might drink a glass of milk or eat a piece of wheat bread. However I don't eat after 8pm, thats something that works for me, I don't know if it will work for you. The longer your on a diet the more you will work for you. I have been on several failed diets, mostly fad diets that didn't work for me, and now counting calories and doing my own thing I am finally starting to lose. If your hanging out eat things on the healthier side of whats available. The fact that you are trying to lose weight and you're here shows that your willing to try, it easy to quit, don't give in! You can do this.
Tavinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Read some of the Goal threads and check out the Maintainers forums. There are many incredible stories-- I find that to be really inspirational reading when I feel weak.

Honestly, when I'm at work and there's a huge box of donuts staring at me, I think "Would Meg, Mel, Glory or Rockinrobin (or countless other 3FCers) eat that?" =)
Erinyes74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:25 AM   #9  
loving life

S/C/G: 160/156/135

Height: 5'3''

dear friend, I know exactly how you feel. Dieting is hard. It's so easy to feel deprived/overworked when you're trying to do the right thing by limiting calories and exercise. Then when we slip up because we're humans, we quickly feel like failures with ZERO self control.

but it's NOT hopeless, like Erinyes74 said, there are so many examples of successes for us to look up to.

My approach to keep going and avoid those traps is to enjoy the process of doing the right thing. I'm determined to not feel deprived. And determined not to be controlling. I try to truly live and do the things that'll make my life more enjoyable. Like eating healthy because it'll give me more energy not because it'll help me lose weight. Exercising because I want to feel strong. These reasons are worth putting efforts and putting off other things to accomplish. It shouldn't matter if the scale move up or down, as long as you feel strong. If you don't feel strong, then you need to make the changes right now to live better.

Like you, I'm justing starting out (again actually, I gained weight two month ago because I was going through a stressful periods: FINALS & traveling & TOM). The last two weeks, I've exercised and ate better...the scale won't go down...but I know I'm doing the right things for my body and living well.

Maybe you just want to lose weight really fast but I think binging is a sure sign of deprivation. Deprivation is anti-human nature, so don't feel bad if you binged. Try not to deprive yourself on this diet!

Last edited by lbs2; 01-30-2008 at 12:27 AM.
lbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #10  
Goddess

Thanks for the support. You guys really pep me up!

I was feeling all down because I woke up this morning and had the Frosted Flakes that survived yesterday. But guess what... they are gone now and I am back on track!