Old 01-28-2008, 05:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/250/165

Height: 5'6

Angry Giving Up!

Well, my auntie and I got into a huge fight yesterday because she's a *****! According to her, I won't be able to lose my weight that I need to, I'm a ****, a *****, amoung other numberous names she called me, which isn't very appropriate to name here. She said I'm rude, inconsiderate, will always be fat, etc.

So I figure why the **** not, I'll just give up -- And prove her right.

Done.
canadiangirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

That would make her right! I'd try to prove her and the rest of the world wrong. Don't give up, girl. It gives her the satisfaction of knowing she's right. It looks like you've already lost 15 lbs. That is awesome! I'm glad you're a part of this forum because that is how I'm able to stick to losing weight. Even after I have gained back up to my starting weight. It's not fair to you that she is treating you this way. Losing weight, if it's what you really want to do, will help your health, your mind, and your LIFE! I say again...DON'T GIVE UP!
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #3  
~*JSKA*~

S/C/G: 171/165/125

Height: 5'6"

How do you know my Aunt?! LMAO

Just ignore her! You can do this! Just believe in yourself, and don't let anyone dicourage you.
In the beginning, it is very hard to believe that you will ever make it to your goal; but you have to keep going. It may take a while, but you will get there!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
Loseitforgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/156/130

Height: 5'7"

Don't give up!! I'm sure your aunt is just jealous that you are taking intiative and losing weight..good for you, don't let her get you down!
sfrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

definitely don't give up!! You can do this and show her and then you'll have the last laugh!!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #6  
Work it!

S/C/G: 195/193/135

Hey girlie! I know what it's like to have unsupportive people around you when you're trying to make a lifestyle change. That's why it's SO IMPORTANT to weed out the naysayers. They're energy suckers and dream crushers. Stick with it, if anything for the sake of being able to do the "I told you so!" dance. lol Stay positive, do some visualizing of what you'd look like at your ideal weight! That's one of the things that keeps me motivated. You can do it if you want to - forget about what others say. YOU know YOU! Bully for you for coming here to vent. I hope it helped get your frustrations out.

We're here for you, sweetie!
Jewelieta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Wow, that's tough! But, as everyone else says, IGNORE HER. YOU are the most important person in your life, and YOU are the only person you should be taking orders from. Why let her be right when it'll be so freakin' awesome to prove her wrong??

Cmon, don't give up. Especially don't give up for someone who clearly doesn't care about you.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215-220?/200/155

Height: 5'9"

I can kind of relate because I have a couple of aunts who don't really believe in changing your body shape as well, and here's the thing. Our aunts are older than us. They grew up in a different time and culture and that frame of mind they are in reflect that. If your aunt is overweight, she is probably insecure because she couldn't lose the weight and you already are (15 pounds!!! That's awesome!!!). It's not right and it's not fair for her to be mean and hurtful to you, but looking through her perspective she is jealous, insecure, and feels like a failure. You are not a failure and have proven that you can and will lose weight. You are an amazing successful person. And she isn't. that's hard for people to accept, but eventually she will and hopefully she'll start to be happy for you instead of trying to bring you down to her level. She knows that you can lose the weight and won't always be fat, it's just she doesn't want you to due to her insecurities. I know it's hard to ignore that kind of crap especially when she's family, but try to view it through her eyes, understand, and forgive her. then move on and keep up the stellar weight loss! Use that frustration to workout or as motivation to keep eating well!

Best of luck and PLEASE don't give up just because someone else said you can't do it. We all know as well as you that you can! it's not impossible! Just look at the goal picture album and at the people who have already done it! You're doing great so far, don't stop now!
M a g g i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Okay, I'm not agreeing with your Aunt, but what does being rude and inconsiderate have to do with your weight? I know quite a few rude and inconsiderate skinny and not-so-skinny people.

I say you ignore her! Don't let her be right! If you need to, grab on to the anger and let it propel you to succeed, but don't quit!

Here's another angle to look at as well. I may be reading into this, but it sound like you got into a fight because you didn't want to eat something she made. Do you live with her or is visiting her an occasional thing? If it's occasional then why not just take a small portion to keep her quiet? Then compensate somewhere the rest of the day. If you live with her, then perhaps you can sit down and talk more about it when you are both calm. Let her know why you need her to be supportive. It may not work, but at least you'll know you tried.

I hope you keep going! Don't let other people shape you are (inside or out!) You can do it girl!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:42 PM   #10  
navywife022506

S/C/G: 238/228/130

Height: 5'5"

I have a sister who is getting married in July and I figured for sure that she would want me in her wedding. She told me that the dresses were going to be yellow and that "full figured women" (might as well say fat) don't look good in yellow, therefore I couldn't be in her wedding. Anyways, I have started to lose weight and on the day of her wedding I am going to wear the brightest yellow dress that I can find and then I am going to stand up and say, "Full Figured Women CAN Wear Yellow!!!"

Don't let her get to you. She wants you to fail. Don't fail because of her!!!
navywife022506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #11  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Dont give up! thats y we have this forum. if we didnt i would have prolly never have started and kept going, its nice to hear everyones good and bad cuz we r all here to support.

Last edited by CurvaceousCutie; 01-28-2008 at 06:55 PM.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #12  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Use it as your motivation to prove her wrong and to prove to yourself that you can do anything you want even lose weight.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 137/132/122

Height: 5' 3"

Don't give up. You have already lost 15 pounds, so you know what you need to do to lose the rest.

Don't listen to her. It is your life and your body.
CatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Don’t give up. No one knows what you can do but you. If you would have asked anyone I knew when I started if I would lose the weight they would have said no. And here I am 131 pounds lighter.

And to tell you about Aunts, mine who hadn’t spoke to me (because she doesn’t like my mother) in like 4 years told me grandmother that I had to have surgery to lose the weight. That there was no way I could have done it myself. Well here I am and the important thing I know what the truth is.

You can do it!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 314/215/135

Height: 5'4

Don't give up girl we are here for you just like others have said she is jealous, you have already have 15lbs gone forever keep it up ,
its my time is offline   Reply With Quote