Old 01-23-2008, 04:32 AM   #1  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

Default scales

so when do people weigh themselves? and how??

my scales are digital, but i always get a different result. i do it at the same time, morning-naked, but if i stand on it 3 times, in the same place i start off very low in weight, and slowely gain a few pounds... weird?
what do you guys do? do u take only one weighing? do u get the same result each time? do u think i need new scales lol?
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

I take mine 3 times and generally go with the lowest weight! Mine usually only fluctuates by 1.5 lbs.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

My scale is possessed! I just started back on the calorie counting myself but in the past I weighed everyday to basically keep myself in check and remind myself that everything I put in my mouth would have some effect on that number. I would usually weigh until I get the exact number twice. Mine is digital also with the body fat thingy on it (total waste though cause theres no way it can tell me how much body fat I have) I think it's time I get rid of it and get just a basic scale..I had one years ago and it was never as wishy washy as this thing is. LOL
xJennJennx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I also have a digital scale that also will give me different weights if I step on it three different times in a row, and also also also the first one is usually the lowest. The lowest one or not, I tend to stick with whatever the first result says.

You probably need new scales and the same goes for me too
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:26 AM   #5  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

lol well if i do go by the first result then this morning i had lost 5lbs over night, but its went up by 2 then another 2 each time i weighed, HOW FUSTRATING!
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:41 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Chickies, stop jumping on and off the scales! For heavens sake, you look like a bunch of jack-in-the-boxes!

Weigh ONE TIME, in the morning, after you have pee'd, wearing the same clothes each time (or no clothes), with the scale in the same place. That is IT! Do not keep trying to get a better reading, or weighing several times a day, or any of that silliness!

For even better results, record your weight on the same day every week.

Weight goes up and down during the day naturally, and no scale is completely accurate. If your scale seems completely wrong, it may need new batteries (if it's digital) or you may need a new scale. But enough of this hopping business!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:37 AM   #7  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

LOL JayEll.....I'm a former Jack-in-the-box weigher.

But to answer your question Free- I do my official weigh in on Sunday morning after I've done my bathroom stuff, and I weigh in naked. I also strive to weigh in at the same time each time. I take whatever number I see and go with it. Also my scale is digital and I try to replace the batteries every 3-4 months since my BF weighs himself everyday and also it has a cool blue led screen, which I'm sure sucks up some of the life of the scale. So you might need new batteries.
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #8  
Angela

S/C/G: 203/195/185- mini goal

Height: 5 7

Hello, I'm Angela and I'm a jack in the box LOL!!!!

Seriously though I am. Try this one. Step on the scale with your left foot first then try it again with your right foot first ..... different? It's friggin mindboggling isn't it. I weigh everyday but I only log fridays. It is, what it is, first reading on fridays.

Last edited by lostchick; 01-23-2008 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Spelling!!!!
lostchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 212/sig/125

Height: 5'1

This has been a real issue for me.. Truth be told I allow the scale to effect my mood for the whole day. There have even been days where I don't like the number and I don't go into work because I feel so depressed I want to sleep all day! It's pretty bad I know, as I do have a real issue with my self image. But I am going to start weighing myself only once a week. I think its best for everyone, because weight fluctuates so much.
Rikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:50 PM   #10  
Ticker-free

S/C/G: 216/204.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, well my digital scale has brand new batteries and it still weighs me differently every time. So I slid the scale under the cabinet and put a sign on it that reads "Don't even think about it!" and then my next weigh in date, which is Jan 30th.

Today I fit into smaller jeans AND I can actually sit down in them. That's all that matters.
perclady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I weigh myself most mornings, naked, and after bathroom business. I have an old fashioned analog dial-type scale. Digitals are inconsistent unless you buy the top of the line (can we say expensive!) At least that's been my experience.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #12  
Anime Cat Girl

S/C/G: 255/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I weigh every Wednesday morning and am always terrified to do so. So I do it fast and get outta there as quickly as possible!
FluffeyNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #13  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Every single morning, nude, after i've peed.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:29 PM   #14  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

i weigh in every monday morning. I used to weigh in everyday, but i became way too obsessive about it, and was letting the numbers effect my day. So, now its only once a week. I use a digital too, and it also gives me slightly different numbers, and this is if i weigh myself seconds apart. I weigh myself 3x, up and off, up and off the scale, and get the average. yeah, that way i dont get the lowest or the highest number. I feel that this way im not lying to myself about losing weight or gaining weight.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 247/243/135

Height: 5'4"

Default obsessed

True obsession is when you weigh yourself in the morning before you pee, after you pee, after you eat to see how much your food weighed, later in the day to see if you lost the weight your food weighed, and again before you go to bed so that you can see how much you lose while you sleep LOL. O.K. that WAS me. But no more. Hopefully I'm a mature weigher now and I only weigh once a day, naked in the morning, digital scale, and I only weigh once and stick with that number! Jackie
tinygrammy is offline   Reply With Quote