Old 01-22-2008, 06:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 322/320/150

Height: 5'7

Question introducing myself and quick question

Hi my name is Kristalynne, I stumbled across this page the other night and have been on here religiously since I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I have a quick question

I am 20 years old and weigh approx 325 pds. I am very worried about loosing weight and having ALOT of excess skin. I have read some different information about people in there 20's not having so much excess because of there age and resilence(sp) Just curious if anyone is in the same sitation or has been.

I look forward to meeting you all!
Kristalynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I weighed over 300 and have massive amounts of skin, everywhere. I started losing weight at age 23. I was overweight my entire life and morbidly obese for 6 years. I think there's a certain point that someone is going to have loose skin. From reading other's experiences, I think weight losses over 100 pounds pretty much gives the loser loose skin of varying degrees. But I know there are people who escape relatively firm. It all depends. There are quite a few factors. You can read more in this forum:

http://http://www.3fatchicks.com/for...play.php?f=219

There's a very informative sticky at the top.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:24 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

What she said The skin issue is an important one for a lot of people... For me, I'm not really concerned about lose skin as I know the benefit getting the weight off far outweighs any perceived negative loose skin might be.

Otherwise, Welcome!!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:29 AM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I weighed around 210 (the last time I had the guts to weigh myself before I changed my lifestyle) and I definitely have loose skin- and I was 22 (I'm 26 today- yikes!). On my stomach, arms, legs, thighs, even a bit on my neck. I've said time and time again that it has gotten better (though not gone) over the years.

What is worth noting, though, is that I will take the loose skin for what I have now. I don't think you will find any maintainer around here that won't.

And I also recommend the thread that Harpo posted.

Last edited by junebug41; 01-22-2008 at 08:30 AM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

It all depends on the person. Some younger people get by with out much. There is still a lot of elasticity in your skin being so young, so you may be one of the lucky ones. There is always the option of having it removed, which I fully intend on. I had three kids in 4.5 years and have a lot of skin baggage from that, so I want a tummy tuck. Won't do it unless I lose the weight though! Good luck and welcome!
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Everyone has pretty much summed it up for me.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #7  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi Kristalynn,

I have loose skin from having 2 kids, but I am sure it will get worse as I lose more weight. Just wanted to say...welcome and good luck!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 322/320/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks everyone.....

I geuss it was just wishful thinking when I posted this thread, I know I need to lose weight to be healthy and so I have all the time I think I need to accomplish everything I want to b4 I die, also I think those things will be more fun (such as going on roller coasters and not getting stuck) anyways I know I wil have extra skin and I can accept that, I also have been looking around at some information on tummy tucks and have found a ton of great information but does anyone have any clue approx. how much stuff like that costs?
Kristalynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalynne View Post
... but does anyone have any clue approx. how much stuff like that costs?
The Weight Loss And Skin FAQs thread has price info on various surgeries and also some links for further reading. There is a lot of discussion of excess skin in that forum too.

and welcome!
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:29 AM   #10  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hello and welcome!! Good luck with your weight loss journey!!
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote