Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Binge Free Challenge ~ Jan 21-27

Hello all chicks in control! This is the permanent resurrection of our binge free challenge weeks! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles, and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. This is a positive thread, so I have to enforce the "be careful about being too negative" rule. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, recovering from an eating disorder or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

And if you need to talk privately (I know how hard it is sometimes to even start talking about it, especially publicly) feel free to PM me anytime. I've struggled with just about every eating disorder around, and I'm very knowledgable about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay then, I'll be the first to report. I WAS binge free today, eating very healthy after a couple weeks of struggling (after finally gaining my appetite back after surgery and battling MRSA). So one day binge free for me!!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I <3 the idea of this thread. I'm so in!

Congrats on a successful, binge-free day! Love your pictures, by the way.

Today was a success for me as well. At the movies a little voice in my head told me it was okay to skip the gym, but i ended up going anyway. I WANTED to. It was crazy. Exercise is the only thing that will almost always keep me from a binge.

The rest of this week is going to be tough, though. I'm helping my girlfriend move to DC, where she's interning for the semester. I am stressed about being in a LDR, and to top it off, I'm starting another stupid semester. I will be glad when this week is over, and if I can get through it without binging, I can get through pretty much anything. *Crosses fingers*

Good luck everyone! I also wanted to extend an open invite to my PM box, if anyone wants to talk privately. like harpo said, it can be so hard to put yourself out there.

Last edited by djs06; 01-21-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Hi, Harpo and Dana

I'm in! A day late, but nevertheless. It's good to have this thread back

I'm also doing a 28 day challenge...28 days binge free is my goal. Today is Day 1 all over again. For the rest of this week, I'm just going to focus on 6 days, and then start thinking bigger.

I've done this before, and I know that I need to do it again. We can do it together

Old 01-22-2008, 01:13 PM   #4  

Hi Penelope! Good luck, you can do it!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Smile

Thank you for the support, dj06

Isn't it crazy what school (and stress) can do to your eating? When I have a lot of homework, I want to eat instead...I want to eat while I'm doing my homework...and when I get all my homework done, and I'm sitting in front of the computer or TV...I still want to eat.

Of course, if we all did what we wanted all of the time, we'd be in a lot of trouble

I am currently eating a big salad for lunch. I love being able to come home from school for food My eating has been good so far today...tonight will be the challenge.

!!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #6  

Yeah, the night and the afternoon are worst for me! stay strong!

I can relate about school. Just STARTING work makes me want to eat, and the grazing starts... and then it's all over from there. But you're right, we can't always do what we want or we'd get in a lot of trouble
Old 01-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #7  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone. I hope you don't mind a "newbie" jumping in. I did not binge today so far, and I won't binge for the rest of the day because I am too lazy to go to the store and there is nothing to binge on in the house. I usually binge earlier in the day anyway, so I think I am safe! This morning, we ate breakfast out, and I ate a little more than half of my food (but it was a huge portion). At least I didn't eat it all.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:14 PM   #8  

Trooworld, we love newbies. You are most welcome

~~~~~~

Well, I'm binge free so far today, although I'm being picked up by my boyfriend shortly, and goodness knows what he's going have at his house. I know we ordered pizza this weekend, and I'm hoping there isn't any left.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #9  

Welcome, Troo! Every little bit helps. Regardless of the portion size, you still didn't eat it all, and that's a great accomplishment. Keep up the good work.

Harpo, good luck at the boyfriend's

Day 2 was a success for me. I could have definitely been healthier, but I'm focusing on keeping the calories down and not binging. So far so good. I'm gonna try to hit the hay early tonight so there's no opportunity to graze.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:18 AM   #10  

Thanks Dana! Way to go with the good day!!

My boyfriend actually got off work too late to come pick me up and for us to have any adequate time together. It sucks not being able to drive. So I didn't have the opportunity to wreck my good eating day. So two days for me!
Old 01-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #11  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Hi Everyone, I'm so happy I found you! Sorry I'm a couple of days late, it seems - but better late than never, huh?

So far I've been binge-free for about 10 days. That's pretty exciting for me. And I know that I will be "safe" till certainly Thursday morning, cuz that's when my boyfriend (who lives 100 miles away) is leaving for his place. When he's around, I have absolutely no compulsion to eat. Mostly, that's because he's just really not an eater, so he doesn't trigger me. It's when he's gone, and I'm alone, and it's evening after dinner, that I run into trouble. It will really help me to have you all to help me keep myself accountable. Thank you for being there.

Dana, I'm here to tell you that sometimes a LDR can be a good thing. My Honey and I stay in regular contact via phone and e-mail when he's not here physically, and when we're together it always feels like a happy celebration. When we're together, we have the opportunity to focus on each other without the interruptions of "real life." And when he's not here, I get to live my own life with my friends, volunteer activities, and my own interests. We've been doing this for over two years, and - once I changed my mindset about it - I came to really like it. There are definite benefits. I wish you and your Sweetie lots of luck.

Be well, Everyone. One day at a time...
Birgit
Old 01-23-2008, 05:34 PM   #12  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

Hey all! First time on this thread. I am 4 pounds up (which I have not changed my ticker to reflect---AND WON'T), since this weekend. Which obviously was a very BINGE-FILLED weekend I am ashamed to say. I don't know what happened. I know that I have trouble 2 weeks before my cycle, but this was just out of control. Out of charecter for the NEW me (but reminiscent of the old me). Oh and when I say weekend I mean Friday - Monday because the kids were off for MLK day. I usally run 2.5 miles 5 days a week. I didn't this past weekend because I just did not feel like it. No doubt a side effect to all the sugar that was inhaled! On a more postive note, I got back on the wagon yesterday and have been strong since. I do think I need to start keeping a journal of my calorie intake though because I am wondering if I am maybe eating too little.

Well good luck to you all! And I love this thread by the way!!

Last edited by Rocker Chick; 01-23-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #13  

Birgit! This is my first time posting on this thread too, and I'm so glad I found it. Congrats on 10 binge-free days! you are doing great; keep up the good work.

I'm glad to hear LDRs work out! We were actually in a 100 mile or so LDR for the first 9 or so months we were together, but then I started grad school about 30 minutes away from her (in reality the move had very little to do with her, but it worked out quite well). It was actually almost a little bit of a letdown because I totally hear what you're saying- going to see her was like a little getaway almost, and I could have my friends and activities without having to worry about "fitting her into it." But then living in closer proximity for a few more months, I suppose I got too used to it. I am trying my best to look at this from a positive angle- I will have much more gym time, homework time, social time. I'm glad it's working out for you, thanks for the pep talk! I know it'll be fine

Welcome Cindy! Congrats on jumping back on the bandwagon, sometimes that's the hardest part. Good luck on your binge free week
Old 01-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #14  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

i didnt bing yester day, and this morning i wieghed my self and i actully have lost 2 lbs from last week! i have been pretty good at writing everything down this last week so all my binges where well...mini. thats more then i had ever thought possible! i actully went from being "out of control" to aware of what i was doing! it blows my mind that that was possible.
so nice to meet all of you!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:17 PM   #15  

Birgit, Cindy, and math puppy!! We're so happy to have you here!! Good luck girls!!

~~~~~

I had a middle of the night binge last night so I had to reset the binge free counter to zero. All has been good today -- all healthy eating, no bingeing. But if I can't sleep again tonight, who knows? I really need to get rid off the last tibits of things I can make to binge on.
Closed Thread