Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #1  

Default Jenny Craig while nursing?

Hi,

Brand new here. Just got back from my first Jenny Craig appointment. The amount of weight they said I will lose (1/2 to 1 pound a week) and the cost of the food has depressed/deflated me already. Anyone have a success story to share to motivate me?

Also, do I really have to eat all the fruit, yogurt, snacks, veggies, salads, etc., they say I do? I feel like I'll be eating all day and with a five month old that's just not gonna happen!

Any tips would also be appreciated! I know exercise is a key ingredient and I'm doing as much as I can (15 inutes a day on the elliptical to start) with DD at home with me! I'm also looking into that Shapely Secrets DVD that I've seen a thread on here about - supposed to help lose inches, which is really what I need in my mid section!

Now I'm off to find me one of those tickers for my signature - anyone know where to find them?

Thanks again! So glad to be here!
Esmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #2  
going, going, gone!!!!

S/C/G: 157/146.5/135

Height: 5'5"

I did Jenny while I was nursing for 3 or 4 mos...I lost 16 lbs, and yes you have to eat all that, bagged salads, like the spinach are (I didn't like their dressing so I did the spray balsamic, yum! and light done right buttermilk for carrots and veggies) Jenny is good for busy moms that just don't have time to plan, you'll find the foods that you like and just rotate through them. my I suggest you try to add 5 min more a week to your exercise, I think that was a big part of my success. You can do it!
thisrlipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #3  

Thanks! I'm at the same starting point as your profile says (158) and my dream goal is 130, but I'd be happy with 140! So you lost 16 pouns in about 3-4 months? That's great! That's very encouraging! Thanks! I was thinking if I lost the recommeneded 1/2 pound a week it would take me 4 months to lose just 8 pounds. I know slow is healthy, but wow that'd really be slow!!!

What did you do for your snack of one starch, one meat, one fat? It's things like this that I hate figuring out. The reason I went to Jenny was because I thought it was all planned for you, which is what I need right now with DD keeping me so busy! I started this morning and did my meal, fruit, and milk. And to be honest, it feels good to eat at a normal time, and such a big amount of healthy and good food. With DD sometimes I wouldn't get to breakfast until late in the day, and by then I'd grab anything, then lunch at like 4:00, and dinner when DH got home around 7:00. Not the best eating habits! This will definitely keep me regimented, if nothing else.

What are you doing now? Still on Jenny?
Esmom is offline   Reply With Quote