Old 01-21-2008, 12:07 PM   #1  
Lets Get Skinny... ish...

S/C/G: 267/259/165

Height: 5'7"

Default I Gained 5lbs!!!

I fell off the wagon on Saturday & Sunday... and I gained 5lbs in 2 days!!!
I was at 259 on Friday and today Im at 264... In a week I only lost 3 lbs... ugh.. thats it.. Im doing it hard core this week!!
claudiac1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #2  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey, I did the same thing except I gained 3 lbs. I told myself I was gonna take a break from dieting because I had lost 9 pounds. I took a break this weekend and ended up gaining 3. I worked so hard to lose the 9 now I'm back to only losing 6. It is frustrating and it feels like all that hard work was for nothing. Hopefully this will help you be stronger in your weight loss journey. Everytime you feel yourself falling to the wayside, think of the 5lbs you gained in 2 days, maybe that'll help you get back on track. It does happen though to everyone. Good luck!
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #3  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

If you went off track for the weekend, it is hard to believe that you gained back 5lbs...it is probably water retention from taking in too much salt...give yourself a breather, eat clean & healthy...watch your salt consumption, and get in your 8-10 glasses of water/day. You'' be back down in no time. Try to keep your salt intake to under 2400mg/day...it is very difficult...but much easier if you track it with a website like fitday or thedailyplate.

Good Luck!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #4  
really4real

S/C/G: 274/236/188

Height: 5'1"

Hey, don't be discouraged! Just get back to doing your plan and remember why you chose to lose weight in the first place! We can all have a bad day (or two days), but don't let it turn into three! And like the former poster said, don't forget to drink your water.

You can lose the weight. Remember that it will take time. But it's sure as heck gonna be worth it!
starchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

When I gain like that over the weekend it's not only what I ate, it's also what I didn't drink. As in enough water. I tend to only drink half what I usually do over the weekends. It makes a difference. Don't be so hard on yourself, just use it as a reason to rededicate yourself.
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #6  
Lets Get Skinny... ish...

S/C/G: 267/259/165

Height: 5'7"

Thanks ladies..
I actually dont feel as bad as I thought I would. I just know I have to be better.. but at least I didnt gain ALL of it back...

And yeah.. I didnt drink water.. like at all.. versus the 2 Liters I was drinking during the week..

but Im back on it today being good.. Well see how much I loose this week.
claudiac1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 244/229/180

Height: 5'4

Hey claudia,
Don't beat yourself up. Gaining after you have lost can be some awesome motivation to stay strict from now on!
I think we have all been there.
I ate some high sodium stuff on Saturday and gained 2 lbs!! Back down today, but am staying away from that much salt anymore!

Good luck girl... you CAN do it!

Last edited by Amy On a Mission76; 01-22-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Amy On a Mission76 is offline   Reply With Quote