Old 01-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #1  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

Default calorie counters exercise.....:-)

well i just got back from swimming for the first time in AGES! and i have an after exercise buzz.
so i thought i would make a post for people to report doing exercise, and chat about its effects, or none effects.
I did 28lengths, which was 35mins swimming, so apparently burned 480 calories, which im happy with. that with my 4 mile walk is plenty exercise for today.
but when do people feel the benefits of exercise?
whats your favourite exercise?
which works best for weight loss do you find?
what do you enjoy about exercising.....lets be positive people. :-)

im trying to do high impact sports. just bought myself a new mp3 player, so i can start jogging again, and im gonna do one jog, one swim a week, keeps cost low, and hopefully fat loss high.
i love feeling all good about doing somthing good for your body for once. :-)
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

hmmm
when do I feel the benefits of exercise?? less tired, less hungry, and can carry my son for longer

whats my favourite exercise? I love my mini trampoline (jogging running and dancing on it)

which works best for weight loss do you find??? a mix between cardio and strength training

what do you enjoy most about exercising??? the feeling of excitment and accomplishment after workingout. when you sit down and are pouring sweat and you think wow I did it!!!
irishfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:14 PM   #3  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

i actually feel the benefits for the whole day when i exercise. i have more energy for the whole day and more patiance with the kids .. alwasy a good thing in the school holidays lol..

My favourite is aerobics classes.. and pilates swissball i have such a laugh doing the pilates lol . i roll all over the place..

well what im doing is working 30 minutes elliptical 30 minutes aerobics and a couple strength traing sessions a week .

I love the feeling free like i could do anything.. be anyone and climb anywhere lol..
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/130ish

Height: 4'11"

when do people feel the benefits of exercise? I started exercising Jan 3 and I started off HATING exercise. Once I got past that feeling... I became excited to work out (even though I hated it during the workout). Now I have become to feel more energized and just overall healthy!

whats your favourite exercise? Hiking or just going for long walks by yourself listening to music

which works best for weight loss do you find? Determination

what do you enjoy about exercising..... I feel so healthy. I never thought I would say that I "enjoy E.x.e.r.c.i.s.i.n.g. " But it's not too bad
Shorty1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #5  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Great thread!

when do people feel the benefits of exercise?
I feel rejuvenated. A little sore,but a good one, I know that it's doing me some good. I feel energized, I also feel like a exercise high! LOL!

I love walking it's easy and effective, I also like doing the turbo kick classes, its a great workout.

which works best for weight loss do you find? A positive attitude and like Nike says Just Do It! (I know corny)

what do you enjoy about exercising.....?
Because it helps the weight come off faster at the same time your body is getting all toned.
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:37 AM   #6  
gracey

i dont know if other people find this but i have found a bit of a rule of thumb that works with me.....
if i do the exercises in fitness i am worst at naturally,for me thats running, im more likely to get better quicker, (because im starting off so bad at it) and my interest in doing that sport remains stronger. but also i tend to loose weigh quicker because im working out a bit of my body i have not used in years, or has never been worked out.
anyone else find this same trend?
Old 01-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #7  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Toys- I know what you mean. I HATE running, but can work up to it, and run just fine. That's what I'm hoping to do this second time around. I remember when I used to run on the treadmill with no issues. Hopefully I can go back to my glory days. I want to try to do the 3 mile run for Cancer benefit this year.
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #8  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I have been working on a couch to 5K program from coolrunning.com and this sunday I was able to jog for 20 straight minutes! That is huge, considering a few months ago I would barely jog for 90 seconds at a time.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I don't have access to a gym/exercise equipment/space to exercise/etc. so I get my exercise simply from walking my dog. I have a bunch of hour-long playlists on my Ipod and I'll tend to pick one, venture out around 4:30 AM and walk for the length of the playlist... Though the weather and other factors don't permit me to do this all the time, I really enjoy it the days that I can, as I feel much more energized throughout the rest of the day.

It also really helps me sleep better at night, which is a blessing seeing as I am the Insomnia Queen.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #10  
gracey

well i ran today, as promised, well finally. was hard work, i feel a bit achy now even with a good warm up and down, but im sure it will get easier.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layri View Post
I don't have access to a gym/exercise equipment/space to exercise/etc. so I get my exercise simply from walking my dog. I have a bunch of hour-long playlists on my Ipod and I'll tend to pick one, venture out around 4:30 AM and walk for the length of the playlist...
Yeah, dogs ad hour-long playlists are great for that. Whenever I can I do taht with my parents' dog, and they don't walk it enough and it's always happy to go.

But in general, I feel the benefits of exercising all day, more energy/alertness, better mood etc.

favorite exercise: jogging but my left hip is hurting so I'm just walking right now, don't want to do anythign high-impact. If I was at my parents' I'd say swimming, but not in public, lol. Not until I have a bathing suit body again. ^_^
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #12  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Talking

Right now I am spending my lunch break walking the area around my work, it is full of hills, which make a nice challenge. Tomorrow I am going to start getting up early and doing some kind of sculpting or toning workout before work, since I am getting my cardio during lunch. My mom was telling me that it is best to not take more than one day off, b/c it is almost like starting over again with keeping your metabolism at its highest from the activity. Since I usually work out from work only I am trying to plan some sort of activity during the weekend. It rained ALL weekend here, so I didn't get anything done, but I am getting some workout dvds today so that won't happen again!
BTW, I lost 5 lbs...finally!!! YAY!!
blueyedlvrgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:18 AM   #13  
www.j3nn.net

S/C/G: 319/269/150

Height: 5'3"

when do people feel the benefits of exercise?
It varies; sometimes instantly sometimes not until the day after or next day after that.

My elliptical!

which works best for weight loss do you find?
A combination of cardio AND strength training

what do you enjoy about exercising
Working up a sweat and feeling like I did something good for myself. I also like how I can eat more because I workout so hard! LOL
j3nn dot net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:20 AM   #14  
gracey

i hurt my legs running on sunday, i warmed up and down, but 2 days later the muscles above my knees still hurt when i lift my legs... :-( hopefully they will be better so i can swim tommorow ok.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy180 View Post
Yeah, dogs ad hour-long playlists are great for that. Whenever I can I do taht with my parents' dog, and they don't walk it enough and it's always happy to go.
That's what I like about walking my dog so much... If I don't have the motivation to get out there and do it for myself, I'll do it for the benefit of the dog.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote