Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #1  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Taking a break this weekend.....

I am taking a break from my dieting this weekend. I've done bad last night and I know I've probably gained a few pounds. Sooo, I've decided to take a break this weekend and start anew on Monday with the diet plan I've done before. That one really worked for me but I lost the diet plan and I was just going off of what I remembered. That worked for me too but not as good as the original plan. I will try to not go overboard on it. I will get discouraged and it is a set back for me if I gain too much. I will still eat the healthier choice but taking alittle break. Will start exercising again on Monday. DD has an ear infection and possible pneumonia so I was unable to go walking. I did the lower body turbo jam workout and that is the best for you legs and hips. I love it. wonderful workout. Take care chicks and stay strong.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #2  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Sorry, I meant to post under the weight loss support forum. clicked on the wrong one.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

I would really reconsider taking the entire weekend off. Most people I know and have heard of having long term success all say that one of the biggest factors in their success isn't that they didn't mess up, it's that they got right back on the wagon right away and didn't let one small mistake turn into an entire weekend/week/month of bad eating.

What is it that's tempting you to give up temporarily? You can start over fresh now and minimize the damage, and I'm sure that any gain you see will be temporary water weight. One bad night of eating is no reason to throw in the towel for awhile! Also, what plan is it that you're thinking of going on? You don't sound very satisfied with how restrictive your current plan is. There are lots of plans out there that work really well without making you feel deprived. Maybe you should look into one of those?

All I know is that you can do this, you just have to be very mindful of what is working for you and what will set you back. It sounds like you're wrestling with an inner voice that is saying to you "It's ok, you've already messed up so what's a couple more days?" That voice is WRONG. Try to figure out what it was that contributed to the slip up this time and come up with a PLAN for this weekend and following week. You CAN do this!
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:54 PM   #4  

tkglenn,
I hear ya. I have decided to do the same thing. Since I have started working out (the last 2 weeks), I haven't seemed to be able to lose much. I know I am probably increasing my muscle mass but there are days where I stick to my diet plan and work out and gain weight the next day. You would think you would at least stay the same. So until Monday, I'm not worrying about what I eat and I am not getting near the scale. I am not going to go crazy, just eat normal or a hair bit worse. The important thing is to have a plan to start fresh come Monday am. Good luck with it!

Tracy
drtlc1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

To be honest, I have slacked this weekend. The weather has been bad and my husband brought home a bunch of junk food (gotta love supportive spouses) and I've just eaten more of the wrong things this weekend.

Obviously I won't trash the whole weekend, but I have accepted that I'll be back at it full time on Monday, when I'm at my desk and have a more structured day. Part of the reason this weekend was so hard is that the weather threw me way off my routine.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

First, how far off track did you really go in one day? If I understand you, you think you gained a few pounds due to last night? I think it's unlikely you gained several pounds of FAT in one night. It would take 3500 extra calories to add ONE pound.

And now you're going to take another two days off? As others have said, in and of itself, it's not going to ruin you, but you're adding on extra calories you'll have to get rid of again. In other words, you're using last night as an excuse to make things a little harder on yourself. I have found it does help to learn to get back on track as quickly as possible for many reasons.

And mentally, you're teaching yourself that dieting is all or nothing. And, after a weekend off, it may be even harder to get back on track! It's a bad spiral! All because you overate one night!!!

However, it sounds like maybe you think your plan wasn't working for you, and are thinking of switching to something more doable for you. That could be a really good idea for you in the long run...

Last edited by Heather; 01-19-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

I wouldn't wait. Just speaking from experience. I said tomorrow WAY to many times.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Sounds like you've made up your mind, tkglenn. I'm concerned because you haven't been trying for very long... at least not this time. Two weeks in is not a good point at which to stop, in my opinion. Monday will come and you might feel even less like restarting...

I'd like to see you stay with it--don't get discouraged and quit now. Same thing for you, drtlc1990 and PhotoChick. You cannot expect weight to drop every day--life doesn't work like that. It doesn't mean your plan isn't working if you sometimes gain a little. That's why some 3FC members only weigh once a week.

Folks, you'll do what you do, but losing weight requires more of a commitment. I hope to see you all back on here again, come Monday, ready to go!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 01-19-2008 at 11:05 PM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

I agree with Heather... I have been on that boat way too many times and I'm sick and tired of making excuses for my self and give myself permission to screw up even more That right there is my main pitfall of all pitfalls...I drop an egg or few, then get pissed off and slam the whole dozen on the floor. I'm not trying to put anyone down or anything, I'm just letting my steam out thinking of all those times I did that and failed all other diet attempts. Everyone else has there own way of dealing with things and maybe you may need a break. I guess I am fed up with myself thinking that way and I know how depressing it can be, being heavy and feeling helpless, i really care about everyone on 3 FC and I want all of us to succeed.!
I definitly look up to al you guys when I need some encouragement!!
skinnyvanilly2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Sooo Girls..... You got the choice right here, right now, do you want it bad enough? Are you with us? You have it in you.. All women have that inner strength to do what needs to be done! Tap Tap into it!! Commit to a new you!!
skinnyvanilly2b is offline   Reply With Quote